- Text Size +

The rhythm of Inuyasha's feet sent Kagome into a trance. She was neither dreaming nor sleeping.

Something was wrong.

Kagome felt her energy starting to drain slowly, and at first she terrifyingly thought Hurukai was coming back again. But... she realized that it felt diffrent, colder. But much worse. Her eyes started to become heavy, and she struggled to keep them open.

Inuyasha felt Kagome start to get cold. He looked down at her, concerned, but kept running. "Are you alright, Kagome?"

Kagome nodded sleepily.

Inuyasha growled and focused back on the path he was taking. Something's wrong. Kagome isn't transforming, I can tell by her scent... it's changing. It's like... it's getting harder and harder to recognize her scent... She's fading... Inuyasha growled deeply. Not if I can help it!

"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked.

"What is it?"

"There is something I have to tell you..." Kagome replied, sounding tired.

Inuyasha waited, so Kagome continued. "When I was trapped inside Hurukai's soul, he told me something..."

*Flash back*

"You know what will happen?" Hurukai growled.

Kagome didn't say anything, she just cried silently. She didn't want to hear anything from him.

"Once I become strong enough, I can manifest into the real world and still be able to control you."

"I'm not your puppet!" Kagome screamed into the darkness.

"Hmph. I think you are." Hurukai replied angrily.

*End*

"So, Hurukai will be able to make a body and appear in plain sight?" Inuyasha asked, jumping through the trees.

"Uh huh... He also said, that he could only do that at a certain shrine." Kagome replied.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha looked up, seeing Miroku and Sango fly beside them. Inuyasha stopped, and landed on the ground. Miroku and Sango landed and jumped off Kilala and ran over to him.

"You found Kagome!" Miroku exclaimed. "Is she-" Miroku stopped, seeing Kagome.

She was bruised, with a few burns on her hands. Her clothes were filthy, and there was a blood stain on her left side. She looked exhausted, and her eyes were a faint bright red.

"Kagome..." Sango whispered, her eyes shinning.

Inuyasha set her down on the ground, and kneeled next to her. "Miroku... Sango.." She replied, her eyes drooping.

"What's wrong with her?" Miroku asked quickly.

Inuyasha explained, and hid his eyes.

There was a moment of silence, then Kagome spoke.

"Inuyasha, take me to the shrine."

Inuyasha looked at her. "Kagome?" He growled. "Are you crazy?! If we do that, you'll be completely consumed and Hurukai will have complete controlpf you!"

Kagome shook her head. "It's the only way. If I completely transform again, Hurukai will have full power, and he will manifest." Kagome looked at all of them. "If he becomes a solid object, you will be able to kill him."

"But Kagome... Won't you be killed when he is seperated from your body? Because he will be completely tied to your soul." Sango argued.

"Sesshoumaru will be there." Kagome replied. "He could use Tensaiga to save me,"

"Of course!" Mirokue exclaimed, slapping his hand on his palm.

Inuyasha clenched his fists. "I don't like it," He picked her up. "Not at all." Inuyasha growled, and his face turned ferocious. "Damn it,"

Sango jumped onto Kilala. "Let's go," She said quietly.

Chapter End Notes:
Chapter 20~ :D  Reviews and comments welcome~!!