- Text Size +

"What? Hurukai was the culprit again?" Sango asked, shocked.

"Yes, he seems to be after something.." Lady Kaede replied.

"Since we destroyed Naraku and the Sacred Jewel, what could he be after?" Inuyasha growled.

Miroku had his head down, staring at his children who were fast asleep with Shippo.  "No.. That couldn't be it.." He thought aloud.

"What is it Miroku?" Kagome asked, anxious to know what he was thinking.

"Could it be possible he is after Kagome?"

Everyone stared at Kagome.  "But why would he be after me? I didn't do anything to that creep! Well... Except put that arrow in his back just awhile ago."  She sighed.

"Have you not heard the rumors?" Miroku whispered.

"Damn it, what rumors? And why would that demon be after Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, frustrated.

"Rumor has it is that so much sacred power could be used for evil.  Some demons could take that power, and use it to make themselves stronger." Miroku looked at Kagome.  "Hurukai must have been that form of a demon." 

"That could be it.  Kagome's spiritual power is getting so strong now, she is starting to become a rumor in multiple villages around the area. I know because I've heard them myself."  Sango explained while staring at the fire.

Kaede nodded. "Kagome, you might be in danger.  We have been battling more demons than we usually do for a few weeks now.  They must be after your spiritual power."

"Heh.  I heard a clue from one of the demons I slain this past week," Inuyasha said. "As soon as I killed him, his last words were 'I will have the priestess.' Maybe they are after Kagome."

Everyone looked at Kagome again, and she frowned.  "You guys might be right.  I have been getting stronger lately...  Just earlier I showed Inuyasha how I can summon arrows."

"You can do such, Kagome? May we see?" Miroku asked.

Kagome nodded.  She grabbed her bow, and demonstrated the same thing she did for Inuyasha, but this time it was a bit quicker than before.  She took a breather, and handed the arrow to Sango.

"Looks like an ordinary arrow to me," Sango said, puzzled.

"Astounding Kagome.." Miroku replied in awe.

Lady Kaede frowned.  "This is proof you must be careful, child.  Hurukai was a very strong demon, and he will be back.  More will come as well."

Kagome was a bit frightened, but nodded.  She looked down at her kimono.  "Well, in that case..." She stood up and grabbed her bow and arrows.

"Hey, were are you going Kagome?" Sango asked.

Miroku looked at Kagome questingly.  "Kagome?"

She headed out the door, and hunched the quiver over her shoulder.

"Just where do you think your going?"

Kagome turned around to see Inuyasha heading out after her, looking annoyed.  "Inuyasha.." Her face turned determined.  "I'm going target practicing." She turned away when Inuyasha looked surprised.  "If more demons are coming after me, I better practice." She started to walk again, but Inuyasha put his hand on her arm and turned her around. 

"Kagome.."

"What? What is it?"

He scowled. "Don't worry Kagome, I won't let anyone get near you.  They'd have to do it over my dead body!" He walked over ot her and hugged her tightly. "I won't let anything ever happen to you, I promise.  You mean to much to me."

Kagome couldn't say anything.  "Inuyasha.." She looked up at him.  He looked into her eyes, and got a dreamy expression on his face.  Kagome smiled and adjusted her quiver on her shoulder.  "Well then, lets go."

"Huh? Go where?" Inuyasha asked.

"You come along with me to help me practice," She answered, grabbing his hand and pulling him along.  They were both blushing, and headed off to the forest.

Chapter End Notes:
Here you are! Chapter 2!  Hope you like it!  If you do, comment.  If you don't, tell me why. :)