- Text Size +

"Watch out!" A villager yelled.

Kagome swept into the village with a hand dragging the whips on her fingers.

"Everybody run!"

Kagome set fire to the huts with her spiritual power, and started to run after villagers.

--------------------------------------------

Inuyasha and Miroku and Sango met up the next day.

"Did you find her?" Miroku asked.

Inuyasha nodded sadly. "She went to battle Sesshoumaru."

Sango gasped. "But why Sesshoumaru?"

Inuyasha looked at the ground. "The Tensaiga can save her, in fact, it's the only think that can." Inuyasha looked up at Miroku and Sango with his face impassive. "Hurukai disabled the Tensaiga with Kagome's sacred powers."

"But how can that be?" Sango murmered.

"It is possible. Kagome's spiritual powers are so powerful now that she could do such things."

Inuyasha growled. "Hurukai did that so Kagome couldn't be saved. It'll take time for Tensaiga's power to come back, but we don't have enough time!"

"What do you mean?" Miroku asked.

Inuyasha's eyes were hidden by his hair. "He plans to eat her soul to become one with her, so he will have ultimate power."

"No..." Sango whispered.

"Lets go!" Inuyasha replied suddenly. "We have to save her! Sesshoumaru is already going after her! I can't let him kill her!"

Sango and Miroku nodded, and they jumped on Kilala and followed him.

----------------------------------------------------

"No!" Kagome yelled. "Stop showing me this!"

Racing through Kagome's mind was her destroying the village, going after Sesshoumaru, almost injuring Inuyasha.

"Stop it!" She wailed, crying hysterically.

"Lose hope yet?" Hurukai growled happily.

What have I done? Kagome thought. I should be able to defy him!

Kagome looked down at her side. The darkness had consumed almost her entire side of her stomach now; it stretched from her hip to under her breast. She never felt so cold before, never. Kagome cried out in pain.

Help me, Inuyasha!

"He can't save you. No one can. The only reason you can't repel me is because you

want to injure people."

"I would never want to do anything like that!" Kagome yelled angrily.

"We'll see."

Kagome suddenly felt a rush of air and she was sucked forward.

-----------------------------------------------------

She opened her eyes, to her walking down a path. In the distance a village burned.

Kagome's eyes cleared, and they were the normal brown again.

"I'm back.." Kagome whispered, looking at her hands.

"I will let you suffer out in the real world for awhile," Hurukai said in her mind.

Kagome eye's teared up, and she looked at the village burning. "No.." She whispered. "No!" She violently shook her head and turned, running away. Tears streamed past her in the wind as she ran.

Kagome was just running, not caring. Kagome suddenly started to get very weak, and she tripped, rolling down a small hill. She landed into a river at the bottom, and was swept away.

------------------------------------------------------

Not long, they reached a village. It was burned to a crisp, with villagers walking around sadly.

"What has happened here?" Miroku asked a villager, jumping off of Kilala.

The villager looked down sadly. "A demon attacked."

"What kind of demon?" Sango asked.

"She was human looking, with black hair and a red and white kimono on."

Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango all stared at each other.

Inuyasha nodded. "Kagome."

Miroku looked back at the villager. "Kind sir, please tell us, did this demon kill anyone?"

The villager shook his head. "Strangely no. She just burned it down. She came close to killing some of us, but something stopped her."

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha asked nervously.

"She pulled back to strike, but she froze." The villager looked back at the ruined village. "It was like she stopped herself, even though you could tell she wanted to kill you."

Sango gasped. "Kagome tried to stop Hurukai from killing the villagers,"

Inuyasha looked at the sky. Kagome was able to stop Hurukai from killing anyone, which means that she hasn't been devoured yet! She can still be saved!

"Come on, lets hurry!" Inuyasha yelled, taking off and heading in the direction of Kagome's scent.

"Thank you for helping us," Miroku replied. He jumped back on Kilala, and they followed.

------------------------------------------------------

Kagome woke to be washed up on the shore.

Must've...Gotten swept away by the river... Kagome thought.

Her legs were still in the water.

Whats the point in moving? Kagome thought with despair. Tears filled her eyes. Hurukai could take over any minute...

Kagome layed there, not moving. She just waited for her to get possesed again. Just then, she realized her side was burning hotly. She glanced down, and saw her side bleeding.

That's where Hurukai was eating my soul... She thought, her eyes clouding over.

------------------------------------------------------

"This way!" Inuyasha yelled. He jumped through the trees, following Kagome's scent. the farther he went, the more it smelled of Hurukai.

Miroku and Sango followed right behind him. "Hurry Inuyasha!"

"Don't you think I know that?" Inuyasha growled. Inuyasha stopped suddenly.

"What is it Inuyasha?" Sango asked, dropping to the ground on Kilala next to Inuyasha.

What's going on here? Kagome's scent...

"Kagome's scent changed!" Inuyasha exclaimed, looking over at them.

"What do you mean?" Miroku replied.

"It has had a hint of Hurukai in it, but now, it just turned into Kagome's."

Miroku looked at Sango. "Do you think Hurukai let Kagome come back for a while?"

"I don't know, but lets hurry!" Sango replied, taking off with Miroku on Kilala. Inuyasha followed.

"Maybe we should split up to cover more ground!" Miroku suggested after awhile.

"Sounds good." Inuyasha replied, and Miroku and Sango ascended higher into the sky, going in a different direction.

----------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha ran, concentrating on Kagome's scent.

He stopped at a hill. Kagome must have been running, and didn't even realize there was a hill. So she must have rolled down and fell into the river!

Inuyasha ran down the side of the river, glancing back and fouth, looking for Kagome.

Suddenly he flinched. This is the scent of Kagome's blood!

-----------------------------------------------------

Kagome was still lying on the ground, when she woke. The night sky was shining, millions of stars gleaming.

I must have fallen asleep... She thought.

Her wound was still open, not that she cared. She didn't really care anymore.

Kagome started to cry again, just waiting for Hurukai to take over again.

I can't belive what I did to the village... Kagome closed her eyes. I'm all alone...

"Kagome!"

Kagome looked over her shoulder, to see Inuyasha landing across the river from her.

"Inuyasha.." Kagome replied, tears starting to stream down her face.

So Kagome does have control of herself...For now, anyway. Inuyasha's eyes were wide, but he didn't move.

"Inuyasha! Stay away! I could change any second!" Kagome replied, still laying on her stomach. She didn't have the strength to move her body.

Inuyasha hesitated, but then he didn't listen to her and jumped over to her.

Kagome looked up at him and more tears came out of her eyes.

"Kagome." Inuyasha replied.

"Stay away, Inuyasha!" Kagome wailed desperatly. "You don't know when I'm going to change!" She managed to sit, and scootched away.

"Kagome, your side..." Inuyasha looked down at her side. That's where Hurukai was eating away her soul...

Inuyasha frowned sadky. He slowly grabbed Kagome, and she gasped silently. "Kagome, are.. are you in pain?"

"Inuyasha, please stay away. I..I don't want to hurt you.." Kagome whispered.

Inuyasha pulled back and held Kagome by the shoulders. "Kagome, I will save you, you have my word!"

Inuyasha pulled Kagome in towards him, and Kagome's eyes widened in surprise.

He's kissing me... Kagome thought.

She slowly leaned forwards and closed her eyes. She softly grabbed his kimono, gripping it tightly with shaky hands. She was still crying; but Inuyasha rubbed them away with his finger, and he kissed her again.

Inuyasha.. Kagome felt warmth spred through her body, and sacred light radiated from her wound. slowly, it started to close up and the empty feeling she was feeling disapeared.

"W-What happened?" Kagome replied, looking down at her side.

"Your soul must've healed..." Inuyasha murmered.

"Inuyasha." Kagome sighed and hugged Inuyasha tight. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around Kagome, and buried his face in her hair.

Kagome...I promise. I will save you.

He grabbed pulled her close and pulled her into his lap.

Please, Kagome thought desperatly. Dont let me change now. Not now.

A shooting star shot over them in the sky.

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews and comments welcome!  Ohhh things are heating up, haha. XD  Please give me your opinion. c: