- Text Size +

The winter sun was shining through the window, with chilly air coming through.

Inuyasha woke first. He felt a lot better, and sat up. He looked over at his right, and saw Kagome lying there facing him, asleep. She had a slight trace of bags under her eyes, and she looked tired.

Was she taking care of me all this time? He wondered, sliding away the covers to go over to Kagome. "Kagome?" He murmured.

"Hm?" She replied. She blinked a few times, then realized it was Inuyasha. "Inuyasha... Are you feeling better?" She sat up and rubbed her eyes, getting rid of leftover sleep.

"Yeah." Inuyasha said, crossing his legs and putting his arms through his sleeves. "How long was I asleep?"

Kagome stood and put the blankets away. "About two days. You had a high fever." She gave Inuyasha some water. "Here," she coaxed the cup to him.

"Thanks," He replied, taking it. "Where are Miroku and Sango?"

"Oh, they are at their home sleeping, probably." Kagome smiled. "Lady Kaede went off to help some villagers in diffrent villages. There are some demons acting up again... But I'm worried for her," Kagome sighed and shook her head.

"Eh, the old hag will be fine. Nothing she can't handle, anyways." Inuyasha replied.

Kagome looked out the window. "Look, Inuyasha!" She stood up, and ran out the door. Inuyasha followed lazily.

"It's snowing!" Kagome replied happily. She looked up at the sky, letting the snowflakes fall on her face.

"Hmph..." Inuyasha muttered.

"Kagome!"

Kagome turned to see Sango walking towards her.

"Sango!" She replied.

"Looks like the snow started last night," Sango exclaimed happily. "Miroku and the kids are having fun back at our home." She laughed. "They keep throwing snow balls at him!"

Kagome laughed. "Let's go see them, Inuyasha!" Kagome replied, starting to walk with Sango.

Inuyasha didn't say anything, just followed contentedly.

When they got there, Miroku was chasing the kids around the yard. "Come back here!" Miroku joked. He stopped when he saw Kagome and Inuyasha. "Oh, nice to see you're feeling better, Inuyasha."

"Yeah, whatever."

Kagome started to walk towards them, when she stopped suddenly. She felt the same pulsing sensation she did last night. There's that feeling again... Kagome clenched her teeth.

Startled by Kagome's sudden stop, he looked at her. "What's wrong Kagome?"

Kagome frowned and put a hand to her chest. "For the past few nights I..."

"Kagome?" Miroku replied.

Kagome looked down. "I-I've been feeling a tug, like a pulse through my body. It.. It feels like the same thing that happened with Ryuri," Kagome just sat down on the ground, suddenly tired.

"What?" Inuyasha replied, clenching his fists.

"What could it be, Miroku?" Sango asked, grabbing her kids.

Miroku shook his head. "I don't know, but it doesn't sound good."

------------------------------------------------

Miroku and Sango took their kids back inside, and Inuyasha and Kagome went back to Kaede's hut.

"I'm serious Kagome, something stinks about this," Inuyasha was saying. "What if Ryuri somehow is still alive and is trying to grab you again?" Inuyasha growled stubbornly.

"I don't know, okay?" Kagome frowned and looked over at him. "But how am I supposed to stop it?" The snow was still falling, and one landed on Kagome's nose. She swiped at the moisture impatiently and sighed. Then, the same sensation appeared again, and Kagome stopped and gasped. "It's back.." She replied. "And... It's a lot stronger than before!"

Inuyasha put a hand on Tessaiga in protection, and growled. He could smell something, and it wasn't exactly pleasant.

Kagome dropped to her knees, clutching her head. She leaned forward and groaned softly.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, putting an arm over her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

Something is taking over my body! Kagome thought with despair.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha turned to see Sango and Miroku running towards them, with Sango in her demon slaying uniform.

"What's wrong with Kagome?" Sango asked.

"I don't know," Inuyasha growled, turning to look back at her. "The feeling she told us about is a lot worse!" Inuyasha grabbed Kagome shoulders. "Kagome! You gotta fight!"

Kagome gripped her head tighter. "Trying here," She whispered.

Miroku flinched. "Do you feel that?"

Sango and Inuyasha nodded, looking around.

"It's not going to work," A voice growled sudddenly. "I will become one with her."

"Like I'll let you!" Inuyasha replied, taking out Tessaiga. "Where are you, you bastard?"

Kagome cried out in pain, and a blast of light from her body sent Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango hurling backwards. Kagome ascended into the air, and her eyes turned red, and a dark presence raidiated from her body. She was as still as a ghost, and started to fall.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha ran, and catched her. He looked at her. "Ka..gome?"

Kagome's eyes suddenly opened, and they were a blood red. "Get away," she murmered. "Get away!"

Kagome moved away from him, and her fingers turned into dark red whips. She flung them at Inuyasha, who dodged them.

"Excelent," A voice cooed. "I will soon be one with her soul." Kagome raised a hand, and the whips snapped and crackled, flying towards Inuyasha.

"Stop, Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, jumping away.

"She can't hear you. I am in complete control."

"Who are you?" Miroku yelled.

Kagome drew back, gliding through the air like a puppet.

"Isn't it obvious?" A face hovered over Kagome.

"Hurukai!" Sango exclaimed.

"I have combined with Ryuri's soul to be even more powerful, and much more intelligent." He paused and laughed. "I am slowly eating her soul!"

"You bastard!" Inuyasha growled. "Leave Kagome's body! And come out and fight!"

Hurukai chuckled. "Time to have some fun,"

"Inuyasha!" Miroku yelled.

"Watch out!" Sango warned.

Kagome charged at Inuyasha, and threw whips at him. They wrapped around Tessaiga, and pulled remarkably strongly, and Kagome flew towards him. Her other hand became razor sharp red claws, and she went to stab Inuyasha. Inuyasha started to yell, but then made a huh noise.

Kagome's hand was inches from Inuyasha's chest, but she was frozen, even though the claws were still there and the whips were still swaying.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha murmered.

"Hmph. Impudent wench. Seems she is still resisting me..."

"What?" Inuyasha yelled. That's right, Inuyasha thought. Kagome is still in there! He growled. "Snap out of it, Kagome!" He grabbed her hand, and pushed it away. "Wake up Kagome!" He let go of Tessagia, which turned back into a dull sword and grabbed Kagome's shoulders.

Only to be pushed back, Inuyasha grabbed Tessaiga and it transformed again. "Damn,"

"Hmph." Hurukai's voice rang out. "Seems I will have to leave for now, until I have complete control."

Kagome started to fade, but not before her eyes suddenly cleared and tears formed in her eyes. "Inuyasha!" Kagome reached out a hand towards him, shaking her head violently. "Inuyasha!" She screamed.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha reached for her hand, but the instant their finger tips touched, she disapeared. Inuyasha's hand hovered, but then it tightly closed, and Inuyasha growled deeply.

Miroku and Sango ran towards him. "Are you alright, Inuyasha?" Miroku asked.

Inuyasha stabbed Tessaiga into the ground, and gripped the handle tightly.

Sango frowned sadly. "What are we going to do, Miroku?" She asked him.

"We need to find Kagome. In that state, who knows what Hurukai will do."

Inuyasha put away Tessaiga. "I won't let him do anything!" He clenched a fist and growled, turning his head towards them. "Lets go!"

They nodded, and Kilala transformed.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading all of this so far!  Please keep going~  Chapter 16, yay!  Reviews and Comments welcomed!!