- Text Size +

"I'll be back soon," Kagome waved. She was going to go look for herbs, because the village was running low.

"Ye be careful, now." Kaede replied.

Kagome nodded confidently and smiled. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." Kagome headed out the hut and looked around.

"Sure is nice outside," Kagome replied. She put a hand on her side, and smiled happily. Her injury inflicted by Hurukai was completely healed now; nothing but a faint scar was left. She stretched and took a deep breath. Then she adjust her quiver and bow on her shoulder and set out.

Walking down the pathway, Kagome hummed silently to herself. It had been at least a month since Ryuri and Hurukai's attack on her. There was a big basket under a tree not far from the hut, and Kagome went to go get it. When she got there, the sun was shining weakly through the tree branches. There wasn't any branches on any of the trees anymore; it was the end of fall.

Kagome shivered. It sure is getting cold outside! She thought.

She reached for the basket, when she paused.

How am I going to carry it back when it's going to get so heavy?

She sighed. "Oh well, I'll figure it out."

She grabbed hold of the basket, and started to lift it when she heard a voice.

"How do you think you'll carry that by yourself?"

Kagome looked up with delight and smiled. "Inuyasha!" She exclaimed.

Inuyasha was up in the tree and was standing on a thick limb, grinning.

He jumped down and landed lightly next to her. "Here, let me do it." Inuyasha grabbed the basket and slung it over his shoulder.

"Oh, thanks." Kagome replied.

"What do you need this thing for anyways?" Inuyasha asked.

"I'm going to go collect herbs for Kaede," She replied.

Inuyasha nodded in ecnowledgment.

They started to walk again, and Kagome looked up at the sky. "Hey, look Inuyasha!" she replied.

Inuyasha stopped. "Huh? What is it Kagome?" He looked up at the sky.

Sesshoumaru was flying away, with Jaken hanging onto his fur.

"Looks like he gave Rin another gift," Inuyasha observed. They continued walking.

Not long later, they made it to the small field where all of the herbs were being grown.

"Here we go!" Kagome replied, smiling in satisfaction. She walked over to a patch of leaves and stems and dropped to her knees. "This is the one we need the most," Kagome explained, handing the plants to Inuyasha. "If I remember correctly, then this one should cure illness, and this one will help get rid of poison..." Kagome wandered off, collecting all of the herbs she needed.

----------------------------------------------

Inuyasha and Kagome entered Kaede's hut.

"Kaede? We brought you all of the herbs!" Kagome replied.

"Ah, thank you, child." she replied.

Kagome nodded and stood up. Inuyasha was sweating a little bit, and he looked pale.

"Are you alright Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, walking up to him.

Inuyasha sneezed.

"I'll take that as a no," Kagome muttered.

Kagome felt his forehead, and was able to feel how hot Inuyasha was before he could pull away.

"Inuyasha! Your burning up!" Kagome replied. "You should lie down."

"Keh! I'm fine!" Inuyasha protested, turning away.

Kagome huffed. "I'm serious, Inuyasha! You don't want your fever to get any worse!"

"Get off my back! I said, I'm fine!"

Kagome frowned and breathed in deeply.

"Sit!"

-------------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha was laying down in bed, now getting weak.

Inuyasha didn't want to admit it though.

He was asleep, and Kagome put a wet wash cloth over his forehead.

The fire crackled as Kaede sat up in bed. "Kagome, you should get some rest."

Kagome shook her head. "I have to look after Inuyasha,"

Kaede sighed and layed down, falling asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------

"I'll be back soon," Kaede replied. Miroku and Sango had come over. Shippo was off doing classes again.

They waved, and went back insode Kaede's hut.

"How's Inuyasha?" Sango asked, a little after Kaede left.

Inuyasha was asleep, in the corner of the room.

Kagome looked over at him. "He's a lot better. He should wake up soon," Kagome stated.

"Have you been taking car of him this entire time, Kagome?" Miroku asked.

Kagome nodded. "I haven't had much sleep yet. I've been a little too worried to do so." she lloked at Unyasha again. "But now that he's a lot better, I can get some more rest."

Miroku, Sango, and Kagome talked for awhile longer, but then Miroku and Sango had to go back.

Kagome waved goodbye and walked inside the hut again. She went to sit next to Inuyasha, when she decided to change the water. She walked outside and used the stream water.

Back at the hut, Kagome put the cloth onto Inuyasha's head and sighed. She was getting really tired; she sould sleep some more.

Kagome stood and grabbed a blanket, and pillow. She laid them not far away from Inuyasha, and sat down. Kagome looked at Inuyasha again.

Suddenly she fekt a quick pulse of energy go through her body. She gasped quietly. W-What was that...?

Kagome first thought she imagined ot, so she laid down and fell asleep.

Chapter End Notes:

Uh oh.  Whats going on with Kagome?  Keep reeading and you will find out! <3

 Reviews and comments greatly appreaciated!!