- Text Size +

Miroku, Shippo, Sango, and Kilala were all walking through the village, heading to get water. With them was Miroku and Sango's kids.

"Wata! Shippo!" One of them said.

"Do you think Kagome will be okay? She's been sleeping ever since we got back from Ryuri's castle." Shippo asked.

"Yes, I'm sure she'll be okay, trust me." Sango reasured, smiling.

"I'm not surprised she's been sleeping," Miroku replied. "First, Hurukai injured her, and then Ryuri tried to freeze her to death." Miroku sighed. "Then we went to Ryuri's castle and Lady Kagome got pretty injured there aswell," Miroku frowned. "It must have been so hard on Kagome, with all the injuries she has. She must be exhausted,"

Sango nodded. "Inuyasha hasn't left Kagome's side since we got back, either."

Shippo sighed. "I just hope she'll wake up soon," He said, turning his head forward to look at the road.

-----------------------------------------------

Back at Kaede's hut, Kaede was just leaving to go find more herbs.

"I'll be back soon, Inuyasha." She replied.

Inuyasha didn't hear her, he was still looking at Kagome, like he had been for the last day or so since they got back. He was sitting right beside her, and he looked down at her face.

-----------------------------------------------

Awhile after Kaede left, Kagome stirred.

"Kagome? ...Are you awake?" He asked, leaning forward so she could see him.

Kagome looked at him, and tried sitting up.

"Hey, are you well enough to get up?" Inuyasha asked, supporting her.

Kagome cringed in pain. "Ow,"

"Take it easy," Inuyasha said.

"I'm okay..." Kagome replied. She looked up at him. "Inuyasha, what...happened after I shot Ryuri with an arrow?"

Inuyasha looked down at the floor, droppng his hands. "After you fired your arrow, it sailed straight through Ryuri's barrier, and purified his chest."

"But...How did I get through his barrier?"

Inuyasha looked up at her. "Since you posses sacred powers, it can easily destroy darkness, which is what kind of demon Ryuri was. When your arrow touched the barrier around Ryuri, it instantly purified it. I was able to use the Wind Scar to finish him off," Inuyasha replied.

Kagome nodded. "I see.." She tried to stand.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, supporting her with his arm. "Maybe you shouldn't over-do it."

"I said I'll be fine..." Kagome tried to take a step, but she started to fall backwards.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, catching her from behind. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Just... a little sore, thats all." Kagome replied.

"Kagome..."

Inuyasha turned Kagome around and put her in his lap, and put his arms in his sleeves around her. Kagome rested her head against his chest.

"You must be so tired," Inuyasha replied, resting his chin on her head, hugging her tighter.

Kagome didn't say anything, just spread out her hand on Inuyasha's chest. "Sorry I got into so much trouble, Inuyasha."

"Kagome... It's not your fault. You fought back with all your might, even when you were still hurting from the wound Hurukai gave you." Inuyasha put his arm across Kagome's waist, and the other covering her shoulder. "I should be the one who should be sorry. I let you get hurt again."

"Inuyasha you came, and you saved me. You always have," Kagome replied.

"Keh. Right now I think I didn't do a good job," Inuyasha replied, scowling.

"What happened to me... It wasn't your fault, Inuyasha." Kagome grabbed tightly on Inuyasha's robe. "It's just what happened," She said, closing her eyes. "Yet you came."

"Of course I would come!" Inuyasha protested, shrugging his shoulder so he could look at her. "I will never let you get killed, Kagome!" I vow with my life... To protect her.

Kagome nodded and smiled, hugging Inuyasha tight. "I know. Thank you."

Inuyasha had his arms spread, from the surprise of Kagome hugging him, but he smiled, his eyes softening, and wrapped his arms around her.

I'll always protect you, Kagome.

Inuyasha looked down at Kagome, and Kagome looked up in surprise. "Inuyasha?" She asked. Kagome realized that he was was going to kiss her, and started to blush. Inuyasha leaned forward, and Kagome raised her head. They kissed.

Inuyasha...

They pulled away and hugged again.

Always, Kagome.

Chapter End Notes:

It's not over yet!  We have a lot to go~  But wasn't that sweet? c":

Reviews and comments welcome!