- Text Size +

Kagome was thrown completely through the wall, and was sent flying into the main throne room of the castle. She rolled and dust swirled from the path she rolled.

Kagome slowly pulled herself up and lifted her head, growling.

"My my, you're a stubborn one, aren't you?" Ryuri acknowledged. "You just refuse to die."

"Like I will go down so easily," Kagome replied. She pulled out an arrow, and aimed.

"Hah. Go ahead and take your best shot,"

"It's your funeral," Kagome yelled.

Kagome fired, and instantly her sacred arrow lit and growed, getting stronger in power.

It won't get through my barrier, the fool. Ryuri smirked.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Look at that! Kagome's sacred power!" Miroku yelled, running beside Inuyasha and Sango.

"She must be battling the demon!" Sango exclaimed.

"Damn, let's hurry!" Inuyasha yelled.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome relaxed her arm. " I got 'em."

The arrow flew straight through Ryuri's barrier.

What? Ryuri thought, completely shocked. The priestess can break through barriers?

Kagome's arrow sailed right into Ryuri's left arm, and purified it. It didn't reform.

"How dare you." Ryuri growled.

Ryuri hit her with another blast of wind that sent her toppling across the room in a barrel roll. She came to a stop near the oposite wall, ten feet away from where she stood before. She landed on her stomach, and Kagome lifted her head painfully.

Ryuri looked at his bleeding arm, and growled.

I won't give up, Kagome thought defiantly.

Kagome kneeled, trying to stand up. As she gained her balance, Kagome held her bow in her left hand and let her right hand hang down by her side. Her right arm was bleeding, with blood trickling down her arm and off her fingers. Kagome's head was also bleeding; she squinted her eyes in a quick gesture of pain, but loaded another arrow.

"Not so fast," Ryuri ran towards her with incredible speed, and kicked her, making her hit the back wall and slam into the ground.

Kagome dropped her bow and arrow. Ryuri kicked them just out of her reach.

"Time to finish you off..." He put a foot on her back and raised his sword.

"Kagome!"

Ryuri jumped away as Tessaiga crashed into the floor. Sango and Miroku appeared not far from Ryuri, who was facing them all at a safe distance.

Inuyasha looked behind him, to see Kagome unconscious. Some parts of her kimono was torn, and you could see through a tear that Kagome's wound from Hurukai was starting to swell. She was covered in dirt, and her hair was all mangled.

Inuyasha growled and turned towards Ryuri. "You bastard. What did you do to Kagome?!"

Ryuri just blinked. "Oh. I see. You must be the half demon, Inuyasha."

"What was that?" Inuyasha growled.

"You're the one who is in love with this pathetic human." Ryuri spat.

Inuyasha growled.

"She really is quite the nussiance." Ryuri looked down at Kagome, who was still unconscious.

"You bastard!"

"Inuyasha!" Mroku called.

"What?" Inuyasha yelled, not taking his eyes off of Ryuri.

"Look at Ryuri's arm!"

Inuyasha focused on Ryuri's left arm.

It's been completely purified! Inuyasha thought with awe.

"Yes, that wretched priestess purified my arm." He looked down at his dripping wound. "That is why she will die."

Inuyasha charged, swinging his sword at him. "Well you're going to have to go through me!"

Miroku and Sango ran to Kagome, but they couldn't touch her because another barrier was up.

Inuyasha was in a draw with Ryuri. "Ah-ah-ahh. I still need her spiritual powers, don't forget. And I was just about to kill her too before you rudely interrupted." Ryuri taunted.

Inuyasha filled with rage, and he pushed Ryuri back and knocked his sword out of his hand.

"Oh my, you sure are strong when your angry." Ryuri replied.

"Die!" Inuyasha yelled, bringing down Tessaiga. Inuyasha hit a barrier.

"Now don't forget," Ryuri complied. "I am Ryuri of The Nightmares. I can create the most powerful barriers."

Inuyasha was pushed back into the air, and he skidded a stop by Kagome. Inuyasha had landed on his side, so he was looking into Kagome's face when he stopped.

Seeing Kagome, Inuyasha growled with rage.

"Hiraikots!"

Ryuri dodged Sango's weapon, and swung his sword at her, which Sango dodged with her Hiraikotsu once it returned back to her. Miroku threw sutras at him, but he easily swiped them out of the air.

Only light can kill a demon made of darkness.. Miroku thought, drawing back a few steps for safety.

Inuyasha stood up, his eyes covered by shadows.

"Ah, so you want more, then?" Ryuri observed.

Inuyasha growled. "How dare you." He swung his sword to the left, and air formed around his body. "You will pay for what you did to Kagome!" The Wind Scar formed around his blade.

"Wind Scar!"

Ryuri blocked his attack with his sword, but the Wind Scar went around the blade and hit Ryuri.

"I got him!" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"It's futile."

"What?!" Inuyasha took a step back.

Inuyasha, Miroku and Sango all looked around the room, looking for Ryuri.

"Inuyasha, Ryuri can only be destroyed by purification," Miroku explained, turning his head to scan Kagome, who was still out, with Sango kneeling beside her.

"Kagome?" Sango asked, putting Kagome's head on her lap.

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha grunted.

"Since Ryuri is a demon of darkness, it would make sense if light would be his weakness," Miroku explained. "He can reform, but her can't reform his arm where Kagome shot her arrow!"

"Hmph. So you've figured it out then?" Ryuri's voice rang out from the shadows. He reformed infront of all of them, but his arm was still injured.

"Looks like I'll have to finish you off then," Ryuri slammed a wall of force into Sango, nocking her away from Kagome.

Kilala caught her. "Thank you Kilala," Sango replied.

"Damn you to hell!" Inuyasha yelled, starting to charge towards him.

A sacred arrow sailed through the air, and hit Ryuri, skimming his shoulder.

Inuyasha turned his head quickly, to see Kagome kneeling on her right leg, panting heavily. "Kagome!" He yelled.

"You're such a nusiance, girl."

Kagome cried out in pain.

Ryuri waved his hand angrily and a jet of air propelled Kagome backwards so hard, she broke through the wall and rolled outside into the castle yard. Kagome lifted herself onto her hands and knees, shaking from pain. Blood splattered across the ground.

"Oh no, Kagome!" Sango and Miroku yelled, getting up and running towards the hole in the wall.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried out. He tried to follow them out into the courtyard, but Ryuri followed him and jumped in front of him.

A sword appeared out of nowhere, and Ryuri used it to clash with Inuyasha's Tessaiga.

Kagome was trying to stand up, with help from Miroku and Sango.

"Kagome, are you alright?" Miroku asked.

"Help...Inu..yasha." Kagome murmered.

Sango nodded. "Kilala!" She called. Sango jumped onto Kilala and they flew to land next ot Inuyasha.

"Take it easy, Kagome." Miroku cautioned.

"I've had enough of you people!" Ryuri yelled angrily.

"Bastard..." Inuyasha grunted, lunging at Ryuri again. "I will not lose. I will protect Kagome!" Inuyasha pushed harder, and Ryuri's sword started to crack.

"Damn.." Ryuri murmered. He jumped back, and the Tessaiga slammed into the ground, sending debris everywhere. He waved his hand, and Miroku was scent flying throught the air, slamming into Sango and Kilala.

"Damn you to hell!" Inuyasha yelled.

Suddenly, another sacred arrow hit Ryuri, but it was his sword this time.

Kagome was standing with a scowl on her face, and loaded another arrow. She cringed with pain, but aimed. "Move a muscle and this one is going right through your heart,"

Ryuri scowled and turned toward Kagome. "I'm getting sick of you the most, impudent wench!"

He waved his hand, and Kagome gasped in fear, watching the air comes towards her.

"No, Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. He jumped infront of the wind, and took the damage instead. He rolled off in the other direction, dragging Tessaiga with him. When he stopped, Tessaiga transformed back to a rusty old sword.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled.

"Kago...me.." Inuyasha murmmered, standing up.

"Pathetic." Ryuri spat.

Kagome turned her head sharply towards Ryuri. "Leave Inuyasha and my friends alone!" She clicked another arrow onto the bow, and aimed at Ryuri. "Die!" She yelled, releasing. Kagome's sacred arrow glowed brightly, widening into an arch, with jets of sacred power falling behind it. Around the tip of the arrow, rings of power circled vibrantly.

Ryuri tried to put up a barrier, but couldn't. Kagome's sacred powers had purified it.

I can't escape this arrow!

It sailed cleanly through his chest, and left a big gap.

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha yelled.

That finished off Ryuri, but a force blasted around the area from his body. Kagome was thrown back, and she skidded on her back across the ground.

"Kagome! Inuyasha yelled.

He ran over to her, and held her up. She wasn't counscious, but she was breathing. Inuyasha looked her over; Kagome was really banged up.

Miroku and Sango ran over to him. "Is Kagome alright?" Miroku asked.

"Yeah," Inuyasha picked her up. "We better get back to Kaede, so she can help Kagome."

"Kagome is badly injured, so lets hurry." Sango replied, jumping onto Kilala with Miroku following suit.

Chapter End Notes:
Chapter 13!  Hope you guys like it! <3  I will update as much as I can. c:  Comments and Reviews are welcome!