- Text Size +

Miroku walked over too Inuyasha. "We'd better go look for the demon, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha nodded.

While Sango and Miroku got on Kilala, Kagome got on Inuyasha's back.

"Hey, Kagome." He put her down and turned around to look at her. "Are you sure you're okay to come?"

Kagome nodded. "Absolutely. You're guys aren't going to have all the fun." Kagome grabbed her quiver and put it over her shoulder confidently and smiled.

"Right.." Inuyasha kneeled and Kagome got onto his back.

"Ready?" Sango asked, coming up next to them on a flying Kilala.

"Where are ye going?"

Everyone turned backwards.

"Kaede!" Kagome exclaimed.

"I'm glad to see you're alright, child." Kaede said with relief.

"Were going to find the demon who was in pact with Hurukai and the one who made it so cold," Miroku explained.

"Ye be careful, now. That demon is about as powerful as Hurukai was." Lady Kaede looked up at Inuyasha. "Inuyasha, ye better protect Kagome; They want her now more than ever."

"Shippo, you stay here and help Kaede with mine and Miroku's family, alright?" Sango ordered.

Shippo nodded. "You can count on me!"

Inuyasha stood with Kagome on his back. "Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to her." He turned around and started to run, with Sango and Miroku trailing behind.

"So where should we start looking?" Inuyasha yelled to the others.

"Let's just follow the aura until it disapears; then we can try to find it from there." Sango replied.

"Right."

Kagome suddenly felt a tug at her body. W-What was that? She gasped.

Inuyasha felt her stiffen. "What is it Kagome?"

"I.." Kagome couldn't figure it out herself. "I just felt a tug on my soul." Kagome looked ahead of them. "The demon is definetly in this direction!"

The demon must have a wierd connection to Kagome from the way it tried to freeze her with it's demonic aura. Did Kagome's spiritual power accidently connected with this demon's demonic aura? Miroku wondered, looking at her.

Inuyasha's eyes widened quickly. "The aura's gone!" He put down Kagome, and looked around.

Sango and Miroku landed nearby.

"We better start to look around to see if we can find anything," Sango suggested. Inuyasha turned to Sango and Miroku, nodded and started to walk away.

Kagome shook her head and clenched her hand and put it over her chest. "No."

Inuyasha stopped and turned around. "Kagome?"

The feeling Kagome had earlier beated faster, and she felt like her very soul was being pulled. "I..It's like I can feel it." She looked up at the sky. "What did that thing do to me?" She whispered.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome, and growled. "I can't take this! We have to find the demon; I hate knowing it has a hold on Kagome!"

Miroku nodded. "Yes, I do too."

"Kagome, can you tell which direction the demon is?" Sango asked on Kilala.

Kagome closed her eyes. She felt like it was coming of the road and into the forest, to the left. "Left. Into the forest," She replied.

"Let's hurry," Miroku stated.

Kagome got back onto Inuyasha's back and they started to run again. They jumped to the left and through the trees.

Suddenly Inuyasha hit a solid wall, and fell backwards and half landed on Kagome.

"Are you alright?" Inuyasha asked, turning his head and getting up.

"Yeah."

"A barrier?" Sango wondered aloud.

"This must be it." Inuyasha pulled out Tessaiga and it turned red, turning into It's barrier-breaking form. "Tessaiga!"

He cut through the barrier like it was just air, and Inuyasha put his sword back into his sheath and grabbed Kagome and ran into the barrier before it could close. Miroku and Sango followed suit. As sson as they past through the barrier, the forest turned into a battlefield, with a castle beyond the bodies.

"Human corpses," Miroku said.

The force pulling Kagome was as strong as ever, and Kagome was slipping in and out of concesness. "I.. can't.. Inuyasha.." Inuyasha stopped.

Miroku and Sango stopped as well.

"What is it Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, peering over his shoulder.

"The demon is trying to pull out her soul..." Miroku explained. "If he can get that and evour her soul, he will posses her spiritual power." He jumped off of Kilala. "Put her down Inuyasha."

Inuyasha gently set Kagome down.

Miroku started to walk towards her, but Kagome suddenly got up. "Lady Kagome?" He asked.

You couldn't see her eyes; they were covered by shadow. She softly shook, but she grabbed her bow and loaded an arrow and aimed it straight for Miroku.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"W-What is happening to my body?" Kagome choked out. She slowly lifted her head to show her eyes starting to turn full blood red. "Run!"

Kagome fired and arrow, and it sailed past Miroku's face by an inch when he pulled away.

"No! Kagome!" Sango called out.

"Kagome! Miroku! What's going on?" Inuyasha yelled, not taking his eyes off Kagome, who was slowly reloading another arrow.

"It seems the demon is trying to posses Kagome."

They all stood there, not sure what to do. Kagome still had her arrow loaded, but then she aimed her arrow at Inuyasha.

"Wake up Kagome!" Sango yelled, and tried to go towards her on Kilala, but was pushed back. She hit Miroku, and they went flying a few feet away.

Miroku and Sango sat up. "Sango, your not hurt are you?" Miroku asked.

"No I'm fine." Sango replied. They stood up, with Kilala behind them.

"S-S-Sango. Miroku..." Kagome murmered. She still had her arrow facing Inuyasha, who didn't move.

"It seems Kagome is still fighting it," Miroku replied.

"Damn it Kagome, fight it!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Inu..yasha..." Kagome whispered. She released the arrow, which caught Inuyasha off gaurd. It sailed away from him, into the air and into the clouds.

Kagome purposely missed me! Inuyasha thought.

"Fight it Kagome!" Sango yelled encouraginly.

I can't just stand here and do nothing! Inuyasha growled.

"Get o-out of my h-head..." Kagome murmered, dropping her bow and quiver. She fell to her knees, and grabbed her head shakily.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, running towards her. He was pushed back by the barrier, and he skidded backwards after he landed upright and gained his balance.

Damn, the barrier is still up!

Kagome looked up and yelled in pain. Suddenly, a burst of radiant light appeared.

Kagome's scared power! Sango thought in awe.

Everyone had to look away, the light was so bright. When the light cleared, Kagome was leaning on her hands and on her knees. She was breathing heavily.

"She did it!" Miroku exclaimed.

Inuyasha ran up to her, but the barrier was still up.

Sango gasped. "Oh no, the barrier! It still hasn't dissolved!"

Kagome slowly looked up. "It won't let me out," She slowly grabbed her arrows and bow, putting them back on her shoulder.

Suddenly the barrier flew into the air carrying Kagome with it.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled, extending her hand. The barrier was invisible, but they knew it was still there.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha called out. He jumped into the air after her. "Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" He hit the barrier hard, but he was pushed so violently back that he hit the ground with a crunch.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome called from the air. "Are you alright?"

Inuyasha stood up, and looked painfully back up at Kagome.

Suddenly she was pulled side ways, towards the castle.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha called out, running after her.

Kagome loaded an arrow, and released. It hit the barrier, and light radiated from the spot it hit. Instead, the force of Kagome's own power hit her full on, and she hit the other side of the barrier with a thud, and fell to the bottom of it, unconcious. The barrier was still moving, carrying the now-uncouncious Kagome.

"Sacred Sutras!" Miroku yelled, riding behind Sango on Kilala.

The sutras hit the barrier, but they disolved instantly.

"Oh no, even my sacred sutras didn't work on the barrier either!" Miroku said, frustrated.

Kagome disappeared over the castle, with Inuyasha running after her.

"Kagome!" He called. "Kagome!"

Chapter End Notes:
Chapter 11~!  You're welcome im submiting so much, haha.  Please spread the word about this fanfiction if you can. c:  Reviews = welcome; comment if you like it; and tell me if you don't and why. :)