- Text Size +

"Are you alright Kagome?" Inuyasha asked worredly.

The temperature had dropped dramatically; Kagome was shivering so violently, the sheets were rumbling. "F-Fine," she barely murmered.

Inuyasha growled in frustration and walked outside. "Hey Miroku! Damnit, has Sango found the demon yet?"

Miroku was covered in a few blankets of his own; he was sitting next to a fire and had his eyes closed, focused on keeping up the barrier. "No, not yet." He looked over at Inuyasha. "We have to wait; there is nothing else we can do. We have to wait to see if Sango and Shippo find the demon causing this chill," He explained.

"Damn it, Miroku! Kagome won't last much longer!" Inuyasha growled.

Miroku sighed. "I know that." His faced turned serious. "You're going to have to find another way to keep her warm," He replied.

"Damn it.." Inuyasha turned back around and re-entered the hut.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, walking over to her and sitting next to her.

"Hm?"

"Is there anyway I can help you stay warm?"

Well, there is one way but... You would never want to, and it's stupid. Kagome thought.

"N-N-No, I don't t-think s-so," Kagome whispered weakly. "I-I'll be okay," She tried to reasure him.

"Yeah right. I can see how cold you are, Kagome!" Inuyasha argued, his eyes covered with shadows.

Kagome tried to fall asleep, but she couldn't with how cold she was. "Inuyasha?"

"What is it?" He asked.

"Are you still mad at Koga?"

"Of course I am! He kissed you, Kagome!" He leaned forward, and yelled down to her face. Inuyasha's eyes narrowed and he slowly pulled away. "Don't tell me... You're not mad at him?"

"I'm not mad just.. Weirded out. After all, he is married," Kagome explained. "I don't feel the same way about him, okay?"

"Keh. I didn't ask! I bet you still..."

Kagome sighed and buried her face in the covers.

Does he still not trust me? She wondered sadly.

Inuyasha saw Kagome's expression and relaxed his face and slumped his shoulders in silent defeat.

Kagome turned away and laid on her side away from Inuyasha.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha reached out with his hand to grab her shoulder. He stopped.

The scent of salt water?

Kagome shed a single tear, her eyes covered by her hair.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, slowly reaching for her shoulder again.

"Why don't you trust me?" Kagome asked quietly, her back still facing Inuyasha.

Inuyasha made a huh noise, and lifted his eyebrow. He pulled his hand away and folded his arms again. "What are you talking about? Quit being stupid; of course I trust you."

"Then why do you think I'm taking Koga's side? Inuyasha, you're so oblivious."

"What do you mean oblivious?!" Inuyasha yelled.

Kagome got up quickly, her eyes still covered by her hair. Suddenly she turned her head quickly. She was frowning; tears were in her eyes. Kagome was still shaking from the cold. "I only love you, Inuyasha!" She yelled angrily. "Don't you know that yet?!"

Inuyasha pulled back in surprise, and slowly frowned. "Kagome..."

Kagome turned away. "Just forget it. I'm going to go find somewhere else to sleep."

Inuyasha grabbed her arm, and pulled Kagome into his lap, and hugged her tightly.

"Inuyasha?" She murmered in surprise.

His responce was just hugging her tighter, and Kagome gave in and wrapped her arms around his waist in defeat.

"I'm sorry, Kagome."

Kagome held her breath.

"I hated the way he kissed your forehead, I got angry."

Not to mention jealous! Kagome thought.

"I don't want anyone else to have you Kagome; because..." He trailed off.

Kagome pulled away. "I'm sorry too."

They hugged again, and Inuyasha grabbed blankets to cover them both. He still sat up with Kagome laying against his chest, but Inuyasha put the blankets over Kagome.

Kagome started to feel her body again.

I-I'm getting better, Kagome thought surprisingly. A few minutes later, she stopped shivering.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine. It's you I'm worried about. How are you feeling?" He asked quietly, resting his chin against Kagome's forehead.

"Better, actually. Y-You're warmth is making me feel better." Kagome explained embarisingly.

Kagome eventually fell asleep, with Inuyasha keeping watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning came and slowly the temperature began to rise. Inuyasha noticed it and woke Kagome.

"Kagome?"

"What is it?" She yawned. She blushed when she remembered what happened the night before.

Inuyasha didn't seem to notice. "The temperature is rising,"

Inuyasha stood and help Kagome to her feet, and he picked Kagome up and started to head towards the door. Kagome was still sore from her injury, so Inuyasha gently out her down when they got outside.

They spotted Miroku releasing the barrier. "Ah Kagome. I'm glad to see that you're okay," He replied happily.

"Miroku!" Kagome exclaimed happily.

Sango then appeared with Shippo on her shoulder, with them riding Kilala.

"Nice to see you well, Kagome." Sango replied.

"Kagome!" Shippo yelled.

"Shippo!"

Kagome hugged him, with Inuyasha right behind her, protecting her from anything.

"We didn't find the demon. Strangely, his demonic aura disappeared in the middle of the forest." Sango explained.

"Wow Shippo, I'm impressed. You went to go help Sango look for the demon?" Kagome asked, surprised.

"Yep! Oh, don't worry Kagome! I'll protext you, unlike Inuyasha! He let you get hurt so easily.. He can't protect you!"

"What?" Inuyasha's eye twitched, and Inuyasha clenched his fist.

Inuyasha punched Shippo in the head, and knocked him to the ground with a thud. "Like you could do better! It's none of your business!"

"You didn't even say you were sorry!" Shippo yelled accusingly.

Inuyasha and Kagome both remmebered the night at the cliff, where he kissed her, and last night. They looked at each other, and Kagome's face turned red and Inuyasha blushed a little. They looked away quickly.

Inuyasha punched Shippo again, and picked him and stretche dhim by his tail. "I said I was sorry!" He said, still blushing; he was also growling.

"Shippo, you went a little too far this time," Kagome replied.

"Heh. Here that?" Inuyasha taunted happily.

"Inuyasha, don't over-do it." Kagome warned, and walked over to him. She looked up into his eyes, and he just dropped Shippo and stared back at Kagome.

Miroku and Sango had wide eyes and were looking back and forth between Inuyasha and Kagome.

"Sango, I'm starting to get the feeling we're missing something..." Miroku stated.

"Yeah.." Sango replied, her eyes still wide.

Chapter End Notes:
Chapter 10~!  I hope you guys are enjoying this! ^^  Reviews and comments please!  If you don't like it, please, tell me why! :)