- Text Size +

It's been two weeks since her checkup. Her next checkup is two days from now, but her stomach was getting bigger each day. She asked Myoga to come over.

"Wow! Already have a bun in the oven? That was fast." Myoga shouted as he hopped onto Kagome's shoulder.

"Myoga...I have a question. Has a half demon ever impregnanted a human?" Kagome asked.

"Um...I don't believe so. I can do some research if you would like. How's Inuyasha taking the news?" Myoga asked.

"Well, He taking it in his own way....Inuyasha came home around 6 this morning." Kagome said as she looked toward the door, where in a tree her husband sat there.

"Shall I go talk to him?" Myoga asked.

"No," Kagome paused as she felt a kick. "The baby is awake." Kagome giggled.

"Kicking already?" Myoga asked surprised.

"Yeah. I think it's a girl!" Kagome smiled as she rubbed her belly.

"May I look at your stomach?" Myoga asked.

"Ok.." Kagome said as she pulled up her shirt, which showed her stomach covered in bruises.

"Kagome! You're covered in bruises! That's not good! The baby is hurting you!" Myoga shouted.

"Mizuki wouldn't hurt her mommy." Kagome smiled.

"Mizuki?" Myoga asked.

"That's her name. Mizuki Higurashi." Kagome sighed happily as she felt a other painful kick.

"Mizuki Higurashi?" Inuyasha asked as he walked into the house.

"Inuyasha! You're back. Were you training?" Kagome asked happily.

"You're covering in bruises...." Inuyasha stated as he stared at her enlarged stomach.

"Master Inuyasha! Welcome home!" Myoga shouted and jumped onto Inuyasha's nose to drink blood.

"Stop that! Don't you ever learn!?" Inuyasha shouted as he smacked his nose.

"Master....So cruel to me......" Myoga groaned as he floated to the ground, where he was stepped on by Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha, be nice." Kagome said as Inuyasha got in her face.

"Kagome, I hate to admit it, but he's right." Inuyasha said very seriously.

"Oh! Welcome home. I thought I was forgetting something. Myoga reminded me." Kagome smiled.

"Not about welcoming me home! That...that thing is hurting you!" Inuyasha shouted.

"It's not a 'thing'! It's a baby!" Kagome shouted as she stumbled to her feet.

"It's causing bruises!"

"The baby is strong like her daddy! I still have bruises from our honeymoon!!"

"Those aren't on the inside! Kagome, look at you're stomach! Those bruises are far from harmless!" Inuyasha shouted.

"Mizuki is just excited!"

"It's a monster!"

"You're her father!"

"It's going to kill you!" Inuyasha shouted.

"She is not! And she's not an 'it'!" Kagome shouted in protest.

"KAGOME! OPEN YOUR EYES! IT'S NOT A BABY!!" Inuyasha shouted.

"She is to a baby! She's your baby too! Why can't you be just be happy?! Why do you have to sulk all the damn time?!!!" Kagome shouted.

"I don't sulk! I fight for what I love! I don't want to lose you to a monster like-" Inuyasha stopped.

"Like who? Kikyo?! Even after we're married you STILL compare me to her?! MAYBE IF IT WAS KIKYO'S BABY YOU WOULD BE SUPPORTIVE!!!!!!" Kagome cried as she ran out of the hut.

"Hiya, Inuyasha! What's up? Whoa....What's wrong?" Miroku said as he walked into the house.

"We just had our first couple fight...." Inuyasha sighed.

"Was it about her new baby and you compared her to Kikyo?" Miroku asked as he put an arm around Inuyasha's shoulder.

"How'd you know that?!" Inuyasha asked.

"I heard it down in the lower part of Kaede's village which is maybe two miles from here." Miroku said.

"We were that loud?" Inuyasha asked.

"Oooooh yeah. You need to be more senstive toward Kagome. Kagome is handling something that we men will NEVER understand. Pregnant women are ten times more to cry if you don't support them now. And knowing you and Kagome, you'll never make it through the next few weeks without fighting. She might as well live in her era until the baby is born, and you want to be there when it happens, don't you?" Miroku said.

"Well..."

"DON'T YOU???" Miroku asked firmly.

Inuyasha sighed. "Of course I do, but it's..." "She's" Miroku interrupted. "Ok, SHE'S hurting Kagome from the inside and growing rapidly. How am I supposed to support her when I know she's hurting by carring the baby..." Inuyasha finished.

"Well, that's a hard one. Maybe you should talk to Sango or Kaede about it." Miroku said.

"I ain't going to talk to that old hag about anything! She always nags me...."

"But she may be the most useful. She's performed many births." Miroku said.

"But she hasn't helped a woman give birth to a half demon's child!" Inuyasha shouted.

"Well, maybe you should talk to someone who has. Talk to Jenji's mother." Miroku suggested.

"Really..?"

"She may be able to help you. Whie you're away, we'll watch over Kagome and Mizuki. Oh, if it's a boy, what do you want the name to be?" Miroku asked.

It was quiet. Inuyasha thought long and hard. He remembered Kagome's mother telling him about her father once. His name was Nobuyuki. Inuyasha thought about how Kagome talked and cried about him from many hours on their travels for Naraku. Inuyasha enjoyed hearing Kagome talking about her painful past with the murder of her father. And about the joyful times she talked about him and Kagome near the Sakura tree in the park and how they loved to watch the pedals fall onto their bento boxes and how her father told her about the times he met her mother. It was a long sad story when Kagome lost her father at the young age of five. Even Inuyasha thought he would cry in front of Kagome.

"Nobuyuki." Inuyasha stated.

"Nobuyuki? Ok, he's your kid!" Miroku said as Inuyasha left of Jenji's home.

**********Two weeks later************************

"Inuyasha isn't back yet...." Kagome sighed.

"Don't worry Child. Inuyasha will come back before you deliver." Kaede said to the woman laying on the floor, sweating like crazy.

"I wish he was here...I didn't mean what I said..." Kagome sighed.

"I know, Dear." Kaede sighed as she looked at the water bowl near her legs. "I better change the water. Shippo, watch over her til I get back." Kaede sighed as she got up.

"Ok!" Shippo said as Kaede left the hut.

"Shippo...." Kagome breathed heavily.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" Shippo asked as he crawled over to Kagome's side.

"I miss Inuyasha..." Kagome groaned in pain.

"I know you do. Inuyasha will be back before the due date." Shippo said happily.

Kagome cried out in pain. Then, she gasped.

"What's wrong?!"

"Shippo...I need to go..." Kagome said as she sat up.

"No way! You need to rest!" Shippo shouted.

"Shippo. I NEED TO GO." Kagome growled.

"Kagome? What's wrong...? You look like your in serious pain.." Shippo asked as he watched Kagome walk away sweating and panting in pain.

Moments later Inuyasha ran in the hut.

"Inuyasha! You're back!!" Shippo shouted.

"Where's Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"Oh no....I'm so sorry! Kagome walked away. She said she had to go. I don't know why!!" Shippo cried.

"Damn it, Shipppo!!!" Inuyasha shouted as he ran outside and looked from Kagome.....who was in labor.