- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kgome Finally mets a few people. This shall be interesting!!

Please do enjoy!!

(Not my best work. But please make do) 

The Twist and Turns of Love and War

Chapter 6


Kagome woke to the feeling of a cold damp floor beneath her. She slowly sat up, her was killing her and her blood pounded behind her ears. She tried to look around but the room was dark and only very little light came in from what looked like a door, but it was a good seven feet above her, so she wasn’t sure. From what she would tell the room was big, maybe about a good fifteen feet each way, but the dark corners threw her off a bit. 

Kagome sat back against the wall as her thoughts began to focus on what happened last, so she could try and figure out what was going on. The last she remembered was Shippo jumping in front of her as a long dark green tentacle was shot out of the darkness in the corner of her room, right at her. But Shippo blocked it with his body, the tentacle shot through his shoulder and blood went everywhere. Then so much happened at once, the one with the gold eyes flew into the darkness only to be thrown out of it and landed on his back close to her, he stood up quickly and jumped at the shadows again. From the brief glance she got of him, she could tell he had long silver hair, small cat or dog like ears on the top of his head, was shoeless and wore a red kimono of some sort. 

This happened a multiple times as Kagome tried to get Shippo out of the way and his shoulder wrapped up to the stop the bleeding. She was only able to get a few inches away, with an unconscious Shippo in her arms, when another green tentacle shot out of the darkness at her and wrapped it’s self around her waist. She tried to free herself but the tentacle tightened and made it harder to move and breath, then as her vision blurred all she saw last was a bright pink/purple glow come out of her hands, on to the tentacle her hands were placed on and began to burn it, dropping her to the floor. She was out before hitting the ground, not feeling it. Then she woke up here, where ever here was. 

She had no idea where Shippo was, or who the person in the shadows was or who that silver hair, red kimono gold eyed guy was as well. But she just looked around again as she did she saw a pair of golden eyes looking right at her from her right side. They where wide at first then they glared at her and a low growl began to echo off the walls. She began to slide on her butt towards the other end of the room when her hand touched something furry. She almost screamed when a small hand covered her mouth and a soft hush was heard next to her ear. 

“Calm down Kagome, it’s just me, Shippo.” The soft familiar voice whispered in her ear and she knew then to relax, as she did he removed his hand from her mouth. The soft furry thing beneath her hand twitched and when she moved it a soft went thing poked her hand and she glanced down in the dark to see what it was. She was met with a pair of silver-blue eyes. Kagome blinked confused. The eyes did not scare her, they where soft, and kind but they held much pain and other emotions she was unsure of. 

Shippo then jumped off her shoulder and onto her lap. When he did this a deep growl was heard at the other end of the room, the golden eyes began to creep closer to Kagome. Kagome’s eyes went wide with fear. But before anything would happen something jumped in front of her to stand alongside Shippo, who just jumped off her lap. From the little lighting in the room, Kagome was able to make out that shape of a large dog, its fur was pure black but with silver streaks running through it. A deep growl vibrated from the canine’s throat, matching that of the growling from the other side of the room. The one with the golden eyes stepped into the little bit of light and Kagome was able to see it somewhat more clearly. 

The thing was the yōkai from her room earlier that night. His red kimono, she remembered being torn, was now whole once again. His feet where heavily dirty, as was his exposed face. Now that she was able to see his face, she gasped mentally at the beauty of it. She always thought yōkai where hideous creatures, but this one seemed to look more human than yōkai. His golden eyes were locked on hers and began to fill with amusement at what probably seemed to be what her facial appearances must look like. Around the yōkai neck and waist was what looked like a chain. Why it was around him, she did not know but was glad she or Shippo didn’t have one, when she looked to the canine that stood before her, she could tell that it too had a collar around its neck. 

The yōkai gaze darkened as it looked to Shippo and the canine. “I knew you two where traitors.” He hissed. His voice was rough and deep and filled with hatred towards the two. 

“We are no traitors!!” Shippo yelled, the canine beside him gave a short growl in response. “You are the traitor, Inuyasha!! You betrayed Lord Sesshomaru and all the rest of us by starting this war!!” Shippo nearly growled and his body began to shake as he talked. 

“I did no such thing!!!” the yōkai, Inuyasha growled. “They were the ones who killed my oldest sister and they also killed Kamiko!! How could I just let that pass!!! They killed my mate to be!!!” Inuyasha’s gold eyes began to darken to a red like color; faded purple streaks began to show on his checks. “Its people like you who killed her!! You all must pay!!” he howled, his lips pulling back over his teeth, his teeth grow larger and sharper, his eyes where now a pure bright red, he bent down on his hands and knees and began growling like a wild dog. His nails became more claw like and grew in length as he dug them into the stone ground beneath them. 

Kagome began to shake in fear and back up into the corner, cowering. She had never seen anything like this, she had never seen a yōkai transform before and it scared her. Shippo jumped at the sight but stood his ground, his body shaking. “Inuyasha calm down!!! No human killed Kamiko, I know someone who was there at the time, and he told me what happened. “ 

“How?!” He demanding, his gaze fixed on Shippo, death looked back at Shippo as he looked in them. “It happened over a hundred years ago!!” His growl echoed off the wall of the confound room. 

“My father was there!” Shippo raised his voice and gulped when Inuyasha growled again. “He tried saving Kamiko. She was attacked by a group of rouge yōkai. They were trying to rape her. They knew she was your mate to be, but they didn’t want that, the leader loved Kamiko and also has. This is what he told my father, but if he could not have Kamiko then no one could. So they chased her down.” Shippo told his story and Inuyasha calmed down a bit. “At the time she was staying in a human village that accepted yōkai of good nature, that’s where they found her. The villagers tried hiding her, but eventually he found her and killed off every human willing to defend her. When my father showed up. He helped her take down the yōkai but she sustained great injuries, to far beyond healing, she was poisoned as well and my father could do nothing but bring her to you.” 

Inuyasha growled and his eyes became brighter. “I do not believe you!!! One of the last things said was the humans….” His body began to vibrate and shimmer. He shook his head back and forth. “And how about my sister!!! What about her?!? I saw the humans kill her, me and Sesshomaru both did!!!!” 

Shippo frowned he did not know if that was true, he had heard Sesshomaru mention her but never mention the story. “I do not know….” 

“See all humans must pay for killing us!!! Amaya wanted peace but they betrayed her!!” Inuyasha growled again and took a step forward but the chains stopped him from going any father. He growled at the chains and began pulling, trying to break them with no use. 

“Inuyasha you must calm down and be at peace. Don’t let your yōkai side take over…. Kamiko would not like to see you this way….” A soft feminine voice said from somewhere in the room. Kagome blinked and looked around but saw no one else but her eyes looked back to Inuyasha and Shippo they were both staring at the canine. 

The canine sat in the middle of the room its eyes focused deeply on Inuyasha. 

“How would you know?!? You don’t know her!” Inuyasha growled. 

“I just know Inuyasha. I know a lot of things you and all the others don’t, why do you think your brother made me his second in charge?” The voice rang throughout the room; it seemed to becoming from the canine. 

‘Is the dog an yōkai too? But her eyes are different, they don’t show hate, or anger or a deep darkness the other yōkai have. Just who is she?’ Kagome began to wonder. 

Shippo nearly jumped up and down at hearing Yuliana speak, he then knew then that she was okay. 

“I don’t see why he did, when you betrayed him!! You where the one who betrayed all of us, not me!!” He glared and ripped the first chain around his neck out of the wall and began working on the one around his waist. 

“I did no such thing, pup.” She glared and a soft growl vibrated off of her, filling the room with a tense suffocating feeling but it only lasted a few seconds. “I’m only trying to make peace between the humans and yōkai, just like your father did, when he had conceived you with a human female. The same way your sister did when she worked alongside the humans that did betray her in the end, she still wanted peace, as did your beloved Kamiko. All I want is peace between the races, share the land and stop fighting.” She said simple and the silver streaks on her fur began to brighten. 

“How do you know all of this?” Inuyasha said calming down a bit, forgetting the chains and looked right at her. His claws began to shorten, his eyes lightening, the purple streaks on his cheeks began to fade. “You don’t even know who you really are, or what you are.” 

“This is true.” She said softly looking right into Inuyasha’s eyes, holding his to hers. “I may not know my past or what I really am, but I do know this, deep down I know peace is what they wanted. When I had visited their graves, I knew then what I was to do. Make peace in this world. Stop the ragging war, but I needed help. I heard in my head, unsure how it happened or who, a soft voice. That in order to stop the war, I must find the help from a young one lost without a family. A priestess who does not know what her true powers and place in life is, a half-ling, a link between the two races, and someone who has admit true feelings for someone when he has shared non for no other before, with their help I have to defeat a great evil that wishes to steal the Shikon no Tama. I must protect the jewel as well. Or the world will fall.” She said all of this and everyone looked at her confused but Kagome. She was just in shock, and had trouble taking in everything around her. 

“That doesn’t make sense.” Inuyasha huffed; his eyes back to normal color, as he stuffed his arms in the sleeves of his Hoari and sat crossed legged on the floor. 

“I know. But it’s the only way to bring peace. I just need help finding the ones listed.” The canine sighed and laid on her belly, her head on her paws as she looked at Inuyasha. The two where such in a deep conversation they forgot about the other two in the corner of the room. 

Inuyasha and the canine continued on with their conversation with what felt like forever. Kagome and Shippo began napping in the corners, exhausted from the previous day’s events. 

oOo

The conversation continued on, little did they know that they were being over heard. And watched carefully. 

“I think it’s about time to make myself known.” A deep dark voice said from somewhere in the castle. 

oOo

“I still don’t understand any of this….” Inuyasha mumbled and shook his head and looked up at the ceiling. 

“I knew you wouldn’t….” The canine sighed. “You never understand anything the right way…. Always taking everything the wrong way….” She sighed and rose to stand on her feet, stretching out her body, the silver streaks in her fur where not as bright and she seemed to not put so much weight on her left hind leg. Inuyasha noticed this and emotion of anger flashed through is eyes. 

“What did they do to you?” Inuyasha said in a harsh low voice. 

The canine looked up at Inuyasha for a second then quickly looked away. “This is nothing…” She mumbled, and began to walk back into the darkest corner. 

“Who did this to you?!” Inuyasha growled. Now that he knew some more about her, he saw a small bit of Kimiko in her, that and Sesshomaru seemed to be found of her as well and Inuyasha knew he wouldn’t hear the end of it if anything happened to her. “Yuliana!! Who did this to you!!!” He growled again, looking right at her and then turned and broke the chain around his waist from the wall and began to walk over towards her but stopped when she turned and glared at him and snarled. 

“Stay back Inuyasha!” She warned “You do not need to worry about me, but yourself. I’ll be fine. I’ve dealt with this for a long time.” Her eyes soften and began to fill with sadness, freezing Inuyasha from saying anything but sitting in the spot he stood his gaze still on her as she lied back down, cautious of her leg. From what he could see in the light was that the leg was swollen and had a slow healing gash along the length of it. “And why is it that you care anyways?” she questioned him. 

“Because Sesshomaru is fond of you, and if I let anything happen to you, he would have my head. “ Inuyasha said looking away, and the room fell silent for a while. 

“He can be really kind sometimes.” The canine whispered, her head was on her paws and her eyes were closed. 

“Yeah only to you.” Inuyasha said smugly. 

“He’s not that bad.” And the canine fell silent, her breath even as she fell asleep. Inuyasha looked around seeing he was the only one still awake. He glared at the Kitsune asleep in the Humans lap. He glared at her to but stopped after a few minutes as he looked her over and his eyes went wide with surprise. Behind his rage he did not notice how much the human looked like Kimiko, an exact duplicate but a human, when Kamiko used to be a pure yōkai. He now swore that the Human was the reincarnation of Kamiko, even her scent had a hit of Kimiko in it and her aura was strong, she was a miko, a very powerful miko but it seemed she did not know this and it began to make Inuyasha wonder.