- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Enjoy!!!
The Twist and Turns of Love and War
Chapter 5
“Where are they!!!!?” The Lord of the Western Lands yelled to the hundreds of yōkai soldiers and guards before him. Two days ago his second in command had went missing, along with four other of his personal maids and two of his guards, along with a small kitsune he almost considered his son, if given the chance.  Along with a few useless yōkai soldiers that belonged under his half-brother’s command, it’s not like he cared a thing about those idiots but too many people went missing at once and everything was to calm, something had happened. 
He had sent the young Kitsune and his personal maid out to a neighboring village for a simple gathering of supplies and his second in charge went for a walk with three other maids for herbs for the injured, but that night they did not return, nor did they show the day after or today. The lord finally had it and knew something was up so he gathered every yōkai on his land for a meeting, if no one told him where they where he will start killing each off till they spoke, he could always replace them and ands not like the humans where going to attack anytime soon. He will find his second in command, he didn’t know why but he had to know if she was ok, like something about her had drawn her to him and him to her. 
As he looked to the ones in front of him, no one moved nor did they speak. He looked for anyone else missing and saw that his half-brother, Inuyasha, was missing from the crowed. He growled so loud that those who stood in front of him jumped and took a few steps back. “Where is Inuyasha!!!?” He demanded. No one spoke up. 
With his eyes turning a bright red, he walked up to the front line and steeped in front of a young cat neko yōkai. “You’re Inuyasha’s favorite, or so he says. Where is he?” He growled, his vision had a red thick hue around it now. 
“I don’t know where Master Inuyasha is, Lord Sesshomaru.” The young yōkai gulped and stood straight, careful not to look Sesshomaru right in the eyes. 
“Liar!!” Sesshomaru growled as his nails grew green and began to drip with poison and in one swift motion he sliced the yōkai in the throat with his claws. The yōkai fell in a heap to the ground dead. “If no one dares tell me where my second in command, and her allies happen to be along with my useless half-brother, then you all are going to suffer the same fate as this one here!!!”  He growled so loud that his body shook as he tried to control his inner self as to not take his true form and bite of all the heads of the traitors that stood silently before him. 
“I do believe I saw Master Inuyasha and a few other soldiers head due east from the court yard about two hours ago, Lord Sesshomaru!!” A young female Halfling called out from the back of the crowd. Sesshomaru’s eyes focused on the female as his normal color began to return and nodded his head. 
“Thank you, Minaru.” He looked to a maid behind him, “Take Minaru to the castle and see what information you can get from her. Now for the rest of you!!” He yelled turning back to the crowed. “If any of you see Inuyasha or his men you will capture him and report him back to me at once!! Anyone who is on his side will be killed on sight if seen allying him. Also if you happen to see any of my maids or my second in commanded you are to bring them to me as soon as possible and guard them with your lives!! AM I HEARD?!?!”
“Yes Lord Sesshomaru!!!” The crowd yelled out and began to go back to their stations. Sesshomaru turned on the balls of his heal and headed back into his castle. 
Soon the area around the castle was empty except for the few walking around on guard duty, a group of ten headed out the way Minaru said she saw the others head in search of the missing ones. Once Sesshomaru was inside his castle, he kept on walking, ignoring the maids around him as he headed out to the other side, in the back and stopped once he was outside again. Putting his had inside his Haori he pulled out a small ivory flute and played a simple tune upon it. 
He put it back away and looked to the sky, a few seconds later a brown spot was seen in the sky above him it grew bigger as a two headed dragon yōkai descended and landed soundlessly on the ground before Sesshomaru and bowed his two heads. “I need you to accompany me, Ah-Un. I fear I may need you.” Sesshomaru said, his voice held no emotion, but he eyes held a deep dark saddened look to him, for he did fear the worse, he feared his half-brother had betrayed him, and his second in command was badly hurt. The two headed dragon nodded his head as a dark cloud formed around his feet and he took off into the sky after Sesshomaru.
~~~~~~~~ Its been over a day since Shippo had arrived at the Human’s castle and been kindly treated by the girl Kagome, he stayed in her room when she had to leave for meetings but was never alone, either the girl Sango stayed with him or her nekomata companion, Kirara,  stayed. He became close friends with each of them and was grateful for their kindness he even filled them in on the yōkai plans that he knew of, what kind of yōkai where there and how many. He also told them stories of Yuliana, who she was and what they did together and the things they did for Lord Sesshomaru.  
But Shippo still worried. There was no sign of Yuliana anywhere and he was scared. Did she get away? Was she still alive? He couldn’t sleep right, every time he slept he woke up of bad dreams of what could have happened to Yuliana or a dream of the deep eerie voice he heard his first night there, who still demanded him to give it the Shikon no Tama. But he didn’t even know where it was. 
It was late one night when Shippo woke up from a vivid dream, it felt so real that he was covered in cold sweat and breathing heavily. 
“Are you okay Shippo?” Kagome mumbled as she rolled over and looked at the young Kitsune, with a tiredly expression. 
“Just a bad dream,” Shippo said softly and shook his head and smiled back at Kagome. “I’m fine go back to sleep.” 
“If you’re sure……” She mumbled then was out like a light as soon as she closed her eyes. Shippo smiled, patted her head and jumped out of the bed and padded over to the window. Jumping up to the ledge he sat there and looked out on the ground below, the light of a camp fire was dim in the distance, as he thought about his dream. 
‘Yuliana, Please be safe, please don’t be dead, I wouldn’t be able to stand the thought of it.' Shippo sighed and closed his eyes. ‘Just what could my dream mean? It felt so real yet when I woke up I was here and not in cold dark room like in the dream. Just what could it mean?' Just as he was about to drift off to sleep a strong gust of wind blew in through the window with a heavy scent of yōkai upon it, he knew this scent and it scared him. His eyes flew open as he jumped over off the window sill and ran over to the bed. “Kagome!!! Kagome, wake up!!” Shippo said as he franticly shook the young girl sleeping on the bed. 
“What is it Shippo?” She yawned and sat up. “Another bad dream?” 
“No!! Yōkai are around I can smell them on the wind!!” Just as he finished his sentence they heard a grunt and looked over to the window.  In front of the window was a crouched dark form, they watched as it stood to its full height, its dark golden eyes twinkled in the slight lighting in the room. 
“I finally found you, Shippo.” The yōkai said its voice was dark and thick it slowly advanced towards Kagome and Shippo. “Thank you for leading me right to the humans!!” Just as he laughed he stopped and turned and growled deeply. 
“And thank you for leading me right to her!!” An even darker deeper voice was heard as another figure steeped out of the dark of the room, its eyes where a deep purple. 
“Kagome!! No!!!” Shippo yelled as a dark green vine like hand shot out from this dark figure and right at Kagome, the last thing Shippo remembered was an intense pain in his back as he jumped in-between Kagome and the arm then everything when black and cold. 
Chapter End Notes:
REVIEW!!! please?