- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
If there are any errors, Please do ignore them. I'm getting around to editting everything when I have a moment. 
The Twist and Turns of Love and War

Chapter 2

A loud blood gurgled scream echoed throughout the castle, bringing great pleasure to the one who had caused it. Underground, in a dark camber laid a dead human male body, soaked in its own blood. Next to him stood and yōkai, it’s piercing gold eyes were filled with pleasure at causing pain and killing the now dead human that lay before him. His clawed hands were covered in the human’s blood that he licked off and enjoyed the taste with a satisfied smirk. In the dim light you could see the outfit the yōkai wore. A dark red haori and hakama. His long silver hair stick to his arms where blood had splattered from the human, on the top of his head was a pair of white dog ears that twitched as he heard footsteps coming down the hall behind him. 

Looking to the human with a scowl as he turned on the ball of his heels and headed into the hall to meat by one of the servants, a tall young panther yōkai. This yōkai wore the armor of one of the warriors of the yōkai’s army. It’s dark blue and green haori and hakama where hidden beneath a thick player of silver chain mail and shoulder blades with two spikes on each. A long two handed sword hung neatly on his left hip along with a small dagger. The yōkai had stunning emerald eyes and dark as night black hair.

“Take care of this mess while I report to Sesshomaru.” He yōkai nearly growled. The panther yōkai bowed as he walked into the blood filled room and began to clean. The gold-eyed yōkai watched the younger one for a mere second before he turned and walked up the spiral stairs onto the ground level of the castle. 

The yōkai was meat with another servant. A young female cheetah yōkai, who bowed at his site. “Lord Sesshomaru has been looking for you, Master Inuyasha.” Her voice was a soft as the wind that made Inuyasha wink at her receiving the always faltering blush in return. 

“I was just about to see him, Makia. Will you please go down and assist Kyle with cleaning up the chambers?” he gave her a sly smirk making her blush again as she bowed and headed off down the stairs into the chambers. Inuyasha continued trough the castle to the second floor and stopped in front of two large oak doors, with a dark green crescent moon painted in its center. He didn’t have to stand there very long before the doors swung open before him, and he walking into the room. 

Inuyasha walked to the far end of the room and stopped at the large cider desk, stacked with papers and open books upon it and looked to the one who sat behind it. In the bog black leather seat behind the desk sat a powerful Taiyōkai, his bright golden eyes where intense on Inuyasha as he waited his news. 

He wore a his usual kimono that is mostly white with a red honeycomb and flower crest at the collar and sleeves , a Sashinuki Hakama, and a pair of black pointed ankle-high boots. On his left shoulder is a spiked pauldron that’s attached to the upper section of his cuirass. On his forehead is a Prussian blue crescent moon, with two magenta stripes on each cheek and on the sides of his wrists as well as one magenta stripe on each of his eye lids. He folded his hands together and rested his chin upon them as his listened intensely as Inuyasha told his story of how he had tortured each human they had captured, nearly ten of them, but none of them gave them the information they needed, so he killed each one, enjoying himself to much as he did so. 

“And I just got done taking care of the last one before I have come up here.” Inuyasha finished his story, his hands folded in the sleeves of his haori. 

“I see. Well this doesn’t change anything. We will continue on with our original plans. Tomorrow we will set off after the humans and end this war and regain all of our lands back. The humans will see that us yōkai are the strongest species of this world.” He said showing no emotion on his perfected smooth face, only his eyes held the excitement he was filled with at being able to gain more land and territory and not worry about the week pathetic humans that destroy this perfect world. 

Inuyasha nodded. “I can’t wait to tear off all of their heads for killing my dear Kamiko!” He growled his eyes flashing a bright red as he flexed his clawed hands. 

Sesshomaru say his anger, and felt his pain, even though he didn’t show it. But he will get back at the humans for killing the one that was close to him, his twin sister Amaya. She didn’t deserve the fate she had received. He had once believed in her and his parent’s way of piece with the humans, to live all as one together in this world. But after they had murdered them in cold blood! He had it. He was going to get revenge for them by killing each and every last human in this world, only then could he truly be happy again. “Inuyasha, gather and ready the armies. We leave at dawn.” Sesshomaru said as he stood and steeped around the desk following his brother out the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome walked the halls of the castle at a slow pace, her feet dragging against the carpet, her head bent down staring at the floor as she walked. Her cheeks where stained with tears, her eyes red and puffy from crying. Her father had died in his sleep over the night, there was nothing they could have done to save him. Now the castle was quiet as everyone mourned for his death. 

Kagome was about to head to her room when she heard someone yelling for her as they ran down the hall. “Lady Kagome!! Lady Kagome!!” A deep familiar voice called out to her, as turned around she saw no other then her best friend, Miroku the monk. His dark purple robes flew out behind him as he ran to catch up to her, he came to a stop right in front of her and the metal rings on his staff clanked with the sudden stop. “I have good news!!” He said out of breath. 

“First breathe Miroku, and then tell me. What is this good news?” She said cheering up as she saw her friend. She was sure she had lost him too in the last battle, he being in a smaller group a good few miles away from where they were camping. She cringed at the memory of the horrible day. 

“While we were off camping we found a huge group of warriors from the north that had come to help us!!” He smiled, his teeth a dazzling white against his flushed skin from the run. His brown eyes were filled with hope as he looked into her own chocolate ones. His dark brown hair was a mess and sticking up in random spots, he must have had a long journey, and at least he was okay. But where the others okay as well?

“How many?!?”Kagome said her own eyes where began to fill up with hope and her mood began to lighten up. 

“At least a good four hundred, Word has it the five more hundred are coming from the east and two more hundred from the north!!!” Miroku gleamed. 

“That brings us to about fourteen-hundred!!!” Kagome almost jumped with joy. She thought they had lost all of their men, but things where beginning to lighten up once again. And it was there that she decided. She was going to win this war for her Father, Mother and Sota. She was going to try her best and finally put this war to end so everyone can live in peace. “Where’s Sango?” She had to ask if her best friend, more like older sister, was okay. 

“She’s perfectly fine, her and Kirara (a two tailed cat yōkai the only one that seemed to preferred being on the human side) survived and where a great help at taking down that small group of yōkai. I’m sorry to hear what has happened to you guys and you Lord Higurashi.” Miroku bowed and folded his hands as he said a quick prayer for the dead. 

“I’m glad she’s fine.” Kagome smiled and patted Miroku thanks on the shoulder. “You are a great friend Miroku. I wouldn’t have any better.”

“Thank you, lady Kagome!” Miroku almost blushed. “I’ll go tell Sango you’re looking for her.” He bowed and ran back down the hall he had come from. 

Kagome stood there for a second, watching him leave until he turned the corner and was out of sight. So many thoughts where running through Kagome’s head as she thought things over. She turned to open her door and walked into her room lost in thought. As she stepped into the room he train of thought was lost as the color drained from her face and she was frozen in spot. 

“Please help me….” A soft voice said from the other side of her room. There in her window was a small boy, no a young yōkai with bright red-orange hair and tail, his eyes where a pale green and his green and blue clothing where torn and stained in blood. “Please…” It whispered as it feel off her window sill and on to the floor below with a loud thump.