- Text Size +
Kagome’s POV
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The next morning I woke up not wanting to go to school. I don’t want to miss anything, so I force myself out of bed and into the shower. When I came out dressed and ready, the smell of pancakes hit me. I ran downstairs to find Inuyasha and a small child sitting at the table stuffing their faces with food.
“Umm… Hi? I’m Kagome.” I said to the child.
“Hi! I’m Kaori! Inuyasha’s told me a LOT about you!” She said giving me a hug. I shot a skeptical glance at the hanyou who had tensed up.
“Just what has he told you?” I asked.
“He said that when we get back to my time you’ll treat me like your own child and I’ll finally have a mom! And he says a lot of nice things like you’re the prettiest girl ever and th-” Inuyasha shoved a fork-full of pancakes into her mouth to shut her up. She looked up with wide eyes and began slowly chewing. I looked at Inuyasha and his face was completely red with embarrassment. He kept his head down and continued eating. I walked behind him, leaned on his back, and rubbed his ears thee way I know he loves, then got myself a plate with two pancakes and fruit.
“Inuyasha, how did she get through the well?” I wondered.
“I really don’t know. I asked the well to let her through, and we jumped.” It was a simple answer, and I didn’t think anymore of it.
“So, Kaori, how did you come to meet Inuyasha?”
She gulped down her pancakes and said, “I got attacked by a spider and he saved me!”
“That was nice of you, Inuyasha.” I said, surprised.
“Kagome! Will you walk me to school?!” Souta asked.
“Of course! Let’s go!” I put the rest of my food onto Inuyasha’s plate, knowing he would eat it, got my backpack, and left. We were almost to Souta’s school when Inuyasha and Kaori caught up to us wearing matching hats. I slipped my hand into Inuyasha’s and leaned into him and Kaori grabbed my hand, so I picked her up. We were just like a happy little family. “Bye Souta!” I called as he ran to school. I sighed and Inuyasha looked at me worriedly.
“What’s wrong, Kagome?” I might as well tell him.
“I don’t want to go to school. I don’t want to have to deal with Hojo today.”
“Maybe I could come with you…” He mused.
“I don’t know… Maybe…Maybe if I claimed that you had to keep an eye on me because of my ‘sicknesses’ that grampa always claims I have.” It sounded like a good idea, so we tried it, explaining to the principle that I had a sickness that caused me to pass out regularly and that my boyfriend and his younger sister had volunteered to watch me today. He quickly agreed and gave me notes to give to my teachers. I went to my first block, spoke to my teacher, and sat in my regular seat. Inuyasha sat in Hojo’s seat with Kaori on his lap.
“Kaori, You have to be veeeery quiet, ok? You can’t say a word!” Inuyasha said to the girl. I smiled, He looked at me and blushed. I kissed him quickly just as Hojo entered the room.
“Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in.”
“I’m a cat!” Kaori said. I laughed and played it off very well, stating that she’s been learning her animals.
“Get out of my seat.” Hojo told Inuyasha. Inuyasha just looked at him and grabbed my hand. Hojo took that as a sign to sit on the other side of me. As soon as he did, I knew that something bad was going to happen. “So Kagome, are we still on for our date tomorrow night?” A low growl escaped from Inuyasha and I kept my eyes on my desk.
“No, Hojo. I have a boyfriend and it isn’t you.” I kept looking at my desk. Suddenly, I gasped as a sharp pain went through my wrist. I was sure it was broken and Hojo still had a tight grasp on it. Inuyasha stood up and threw Hojo across the room.
“I thought you learned your lesson the first time when I broke your pathetic little nose. Don’t. Touch. Kagome.” Inuyasha said, growling again.
“Inuyasha, please sit down. I’m fine.” I begged. He just growled louder. I decided to try a new tactic. “Actually, I’m feeling quite faint. Why don’t we go home for today.” I stood up and began packing my things when the bell rang and students began pouring into the classroom. I dragged Kaori out with my good hand while Inuyasha reluctantly followed.
“Kagome? Where do you think you’re going?” My teacher asked coming into the room. One look from Inuyasha shut him up. When we got home, Inuyasha went into worry-mode muttering to himself many ways that he could ‘make that damn homo suffer’ while he searched the house for a first aid kit.
“Inuyasha? It’s in the bathroom. In the cabinet above the toilet.”
“Oh, right.” He found it and looked puzzled. “Uh… Kagome? I don’t exactly…”
“It’s ok. I’ll coach you through it. Get the tan bandage, yes that one, and wrap it around my wrist,” I gasped, “Careful, Inuyasha!” he muttered something that sounded like an apology and finished wrapping my wrist. “Thank you.” I smiled and leaned against him. He threw one arm around me and Kaori climbed into my lap. “Kaori, see that box over there?” I said pointing to the TV. She nodded. “Would you like to see what it does?” I asked, reaching for the remote. I turned on a children’s channel that Souta always watches and Kaori and I snuggled together against Inuyasha. He gently stroked my hair as I slowly fell asleep.
Inuyasha’s POV
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It was late afternoon and Kagome and Kaori had both fallen asleep in my arms. I got up, shifting them gently so that they’d be more comfortable and left the house. I remembered Kagome saying something about Souta getting out of school a half hour after her, and I wanted to pick him up for her. I left early because I knew there was something that I had to do.
“I only hope Kagome will forgive me.” I muttered as I headed in the direction of her school. Once I arrived, I immediately sought out the one causing MY Kagome so much harm and grabbed him by the shirt collar. I dragged this stupid Homo kid to an alley close to the school and quickly pinned him against the wall. “I will ask nicely once for Kagome’s sake: Please leave her alone.” I said to him.
“Ha, yeah right. Thanks for coming to me today. It saves me the trouble of trying to find you. Stay away from my woman.” Hojo said before throwing a punch.
“You really want to fight me?” I asked dodging his relentless efforts to connect with my jaw. I laughed at him and threw him to the ground.
“Who do you think you are, anyways? Showing up out of no where thinking you can take my woman?!” He shouted at me. I grinned, showing my fangs, and flicked my hat off of my head. I slashed the side of Hojo’s face quickly and broke his knee as well.
“Stay. Away. From Kagome.” I growled at him. I turned around to pick up my hat before I left. “Next time, I will kill you.” The boy nodded once. I went and got Souta and let him ride on my back as I jumped across rooftops the entire way home.
“Wow! Thanks Inuyasha!” Souta said when we got home.
“Keh. Whatever.” I went back into the living room to find a still sleeping Kagome and Kaori. I settled myself back onto the couch with them and pretended to be asleep as well when Kagome began to stir. She stretched and grabbed Kaori, pulling her closer to her.
“Kaori? Wake up and I’ll make you some ramen.” My ears instantly perked up and my eyes flew open. Kagome just smirked. She handed a slowly waking Kaori off to me and went to the kitchen. The smell of ramen floated through the house, and I was at peace. My mind drifted to what I did no more than an hour ago, and I grew worried. I hope Kagome doesn’t find out tomorrow…that would ruin her birthday. I decided the best thing to do was confess.
“Ah…Kagome?” I joined her in the kitchen. “I have something to tell you. You won’t like it…” I said worriedly and looked at the floor.
“You can tell me anything, Inuyasha. It’s ok.” She didn’t seem concerned or worried, and that gave me a little sense of security.
“Just…before I tell you, I did it because I love you.”
“An act out of love is never wrong, Inuyasha.” Kagome’s mother said entering the room. I blushed
“I’m just worried she’ll be disappointed with me.” My eyes were on the floor like it was the most interesting thing I would ever see.
“Just tell me, Inuyasha.” Kagome said, sitting down five bowls of ramen on the table.
“I…I went back to the school today…and I had a little talk with Hojo…He won’t bother you anymore…” Kagome gasped.
“What did you do?” She asked calmly. I told her, head still hung low. When I was finished, I was sure she’d be angry, but she wrapped her arms around me.
“You…You’re not angry?”
“I can’t say I’m not, but I’m not mad at you, Inuyasha. I wish you wouldn’t have done anything though. It’s not worth it.”
“Keh, if it keeps my woman out of harm it was.” I wrapped my arms around her.
“Let’s eat our ramen.” Kagome said. She flashed a beautiful smile at me, assuring me that everything was going to be ok.
Chapter End Notes:
Starshine says: Review or Naraku wins! *Evil laugh*