- Text Size +
Inuyasha’s POV
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“Kagome? Hello? Anyone there? Come on I need to talk to you!!” I swear if this woman doesn’t wake up soon I’m going to have to drag her sleepy ass around. “Kagoooooome? Kagooo-“

“Sit.” She said in a very sleepy voice. She didn’t know that I was leaning over her and would land on top of her though. Haha sucks for- Wait what is she doing? I cocked my head to the side in confusion. She fluffed out my hakama and used me as a blanket!!!! I’ll show her. I pulled her head to the side and kissed her roughly. Now that we had declared our love to one another, we slept curled up together away from the group. When I kissed her, her eyes opened wide and her mouth opened in a tiny gasp, thus allowing me entrance. I explored the cave until I heard someone coming up behind us. I jumped into a tree seeing as I didn’t have time to identify the scent, I was lost in Kagome…

“Inuyasha, Kagomeeee” Shippo called, “I know you’re here somewhere!” And with that the little runt looked up to where we were hiding.

“Give us five minutes ok Shippo?” Kagome asked sweetly.

“Kay!” He answered and ran off to help with breakfast.

“You wanted to talk to me?” Kagome asked me with a look of concern in her eyes.

“Um, Yeah. It’s about your, eh, attack.” I said, trying to phrase my words correctly. “I want you to tell me exactly what happened.”

“Okay I’ll try my best. Well it started off with us fighting. I ran to the Goshinboku tree because it’s my favorite,” my heart warmed at that. The tree where she met me was her favorite. “And I tried to climb to a really high branch with lots of leaves and flowers to mask my scent so you wouldn’t find me, but you did. Then you were trying to tell me to come back but I had decided I was going home. Then I got so stressed I was about to jump down when it felt like something was burning me from the inside right here,” she pointed to the spot on her left side right above her hip. “And it got so bad I couldn’t stand it. The very last thing I remember is hearing you say it’s all my fault while I was thinking about how much I loved you.” With the last sentence she looked down and started picking dirt out from under her nails as if she was scared that I wouldn’t approve of what she said or something. Then I smelled tears and knew she was crying.

“Shhh, its ok. Shhh.” I pulled her into a tight hug and wiped her tears away. “It’ll be okay Kagome. You know why? Cause I’ll be here for you and no one will ever hurt you when you’re with me. I wont let them, never ever.” I said. I’m not usually this soft, but right now the woman I love needs me.

“Thanks Inuyasha. I needed that.” She said. I gave her one last kiss as we walked back to Kaede’s hut where the others would have breakfast ready.
“Kagome, I want you to stay in your time for a little while. You need to get better.” I said. It was hard for me to let her go but I wanted to get her something. Her birthday was coming up and I need time to get her something really special.

“Okay. With this many injuries it will take about a week.” She said.

“Ok. You…You can stay for your birthday too.” I said as everyone shot me a surprising look. It’s not like I was gonna tear her away from her family on her birthday.

“Wow Inuyasha, you turned into a teddy bear.” Shippo said while everyone else laughed.

“Keh.” I said and walked away to our tree. Kagome followed me and put a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and she wrapped her arms around me and I smelled tears in her eyes again. “Oy wench, what’s wrong?” I said.

“Nothings wrong Inuyasha, I’m just so glad you’re mine. I’m going to leave tomorrow morning ok?”

“Yeah, tomorrow.” I said and pulled her into a deeper hug and kissed her head.

We spent the rest of our day together counting butterflies and doing what she wanted to. We took a trip to the hot springs and I wore one of Souta’s old pair of swimming trunks while she wore a bikini. Kagome was completely beautiful, and she spent the night wrapped in my arms.

THE NEXT MORNING
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“Inuyasha, we have to go now.” Kagome said.

“Alright, just give me two more seconds.” Kagome was too anxious to go see her family. She had been away for almost a month now. I was escorting her back then going to Totosai’s for her present, picking up some stuff on the way. I had decided last night to get him to make her a necklace made from my tooth with small rubies in it. In the middle a tiny silver dog will hang. “Kay, lets go.” I put her on my back and jumped down the well. With a flash of blue light we were welcomed into her time by a smell of meat being cooked.

“Mom, I’m back!” Kagome shouted, running up the stairs to her house.

“Hello sweetie,” her mom said with a smile. “Dinner will be at five.”

“Ok. I’ll be in my room then. Come on Inuyasha!” she yelled to me. I had stopped to talk to Souta and Gramps while playing with Buyo. I followed her to her room and walked in. Kagome was just changing out of her school clothes and put on what she called jeens and a tink top and getting her school books out to study. As I looked over her shoulder I saw that she was studying ancient history and some of it I had heard about so I helped her for the next three hours when she suddenly looked up.

“Inuyasha, its noon, do you want to eat lunch here or go out?” She asked.

“It doesn’t matter to me.” I didn’t care, I just wanted to be with Kagome. Dammit, I’m getting soft.

“Ok, I’ll take you to WacDonalds.” We walked a few blocks and as we turned a corner I was overwhelmed with enticing smells. “We’re here!” She said as she turned to me with a huge smile on her face. At that moment she looked so beautiful I took that chance to steal a kiss.

“What the HELL do you think you’re doing all over Kagome!?” A hand smacked itself onto my shoulder trying to wrench me away from Kagome, causing us to break the kiss that we shared, further causing a deep growl to be faintly heard coming from deep in my chest.

“Hojo!” Kagome gasped. “What are you doing!?”

“What am I doing, Kagome? What are you doing!? You’re supposed to be my girl.”

“Hojo,” Kagome said with anger flaring up in her aura that I’m sure even the humans that had gathered around us could feel. “no one ever said I was your girl, ever.” Kagome growled taking a step closer to the boy. I stepped back feeling like Kagome had this one covered, with only mere seconds to find that thought wrong.

“Oh yes you are Kagome, or I’m quite sure you would have filled me in and let me know I didn’t have to bring you gifts for all of your sicknesses.” Kagome’s anger flared and I could tell she was about to go off.

“Oh no, Hojo, I’m not your girl and that’s not your decision. When you brought me gifts, I thought that you were just being nice, a friend to me, but now I can see you’re not a nice person and not the kind of friend I want around me and my boyfriend.” Kagome said. I was shocked that she had called me her boyfriend and apparently so was he as he brought up a hand to slap her. The resounding ‘smack’ noise was heard through the streets as the rest of the people had gathered to see what was going on. The growl in my chest got louder as I protectively put a stunned Kagome behind me, ready to fight the bastard that hurt her.

“That was not a very smart move Homo. I suggest you turn around and walk away before I kick your sorry ass. That might not even save you. I don’t know what they say here, but from where I come from, hitting women is not tolerated.” The boy just looked at me and started to laugh, obviously believing he would beat me. I smiled at his invitation, throwing the first punch knowing that most of the crowd would side with me if anyone got in trouble. As I went to punch the boy a second time he tried to block it, but put himself in a bad position and I broke his nose. With that the boy let out a cry of pain and walked away with his friends and the crowed cheered for me before going back to their lives. When I finally got over the adrenaline rush of fighting I smelled blood, Kagome’s blood. I turned around and saw that when she got smacked her lip had been broken open. I crushed my lips to hers, knowing that my saliva would clean the cut and help it heal, but, though it was minor, I still couldn’t get the fury out of my head that the bastard hut her, he was lucky he only walked away with a broken nose.

“Are you ok, Kagome?” I asked full of concern.

“Yeah, I’ll be ok, I just hope I never have to deal with him again. I thought he was my friend, Inuyasha.” She told me her eyes full of terror.

“Kagome, you never have to worry about anything like that happening again. I’ll always be by your side to protect you.”

“Thanks Inuyasha. Lets go eat.” She said, and with that we went to eat our lunch. The rest of our night did not hold much excitement in it, we simply walked home, studied more and made our way downstairs to eat dinner with her family. That night I stayed there and gave Kagome the protection of my arms. I left in the morning before she woke up and went back to my time to start the journey to Totosai’s for the present for my one and only love.
Chapter End Notes:
REVIEW PLEASE. For the kitties!?