- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.

Chapter one- His Sister

 

Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Kirara were all still hunting for Naraku when they came across a village.

“Hey I see a village up ahead” Sango called to the others, seeing from the distance that there was a village up ahead.

“A good thing too, we are running out of food” Kagome stated, then she saw that Inuyasha was sniffing the air.

“What’s wrong?” she asked him. “You sense it too?” Miroku asked Inuyasha and the latter nodded his in reply.

“A demonic aura” Sango conformed it.

“Kagome do you sense any jewels?” Inu asked from Kagome and she shook her head in reply.

“Then it’s not our problem” Inu stated and started to continued to the village.

The others reluctantly followed. “What about the demon?” asked Sango falling into steps behind him.

“Its coming” Miroku warned the others as the demonic aura got closer, just as Inuyasha was going to reply to Sango.

As they positioned themselves for battle they heard a small cry, the cry of a child, and soon a small girl came running around the corner.

A demon following close behind her. It was a snake youkai.

The girl was not looking where she was running and ran straight into Inuyasha’s leg (He was the one standing in front).

As soon as she fell Sango threw her Hiraikotsu, distracting the snake from its prey.

As if on que everyone sprang into action, Inuyasha drew out his sword ready to attack, Miroku threw sacred sutras And Kagome and Shippo helped The small girl to her feet and told her to run.

“Go on run, get away” Kagome urged the girl but she stood still like she was transfixed.

“Wind scar (Kaze no kizu)”  Inuyasha yelled attacking the snake youkai, and got it in one shot. The youkai was weak.

Inuyasha was proud of what he had just done, but when he turned around any sign of a smile vanished and he stared at the girl and she stared right back at him.

He studied the little girl from head to toe.

She was small and looked about 5 or 6, she had raven black hair that reached her waist. She had hazelnut brown eyes and was fair. She was dressed in a skirt that reached her knee and a blouse. She wore shoes on her foot and all her clothes were dirty.

She tilted her head as he studied her and she was studying him as well.

Inuyasha’s eyes widened as recognized the girl.

“Inuyasha is something wrong?” Kagome asked Inu confused and concerned because he was look at the girl strangely.

He didn’t tear his gaze from her as he replied “Yes-” he told Kagome and asked the girl “I thought I smelt you around”.

A small smile spread across his face as realization dawned on the girls face.

“Inu-kun” she called as a smile graced her face as she ran front and sprang to his arms and hugged him.

“What are you doing here? Where is Sesshoumaru?” Inu questioned her not a bit surprised by her reaction, plus confusing his companions.

“You know this girl, Inuyasha?” Miroku asked completely baffled.

Inuyasha nodded his head in reply, Kagome and Sango exchanged a confused looks.

“Er...”kiwi said when he looked at her for answers. “Sesshy-sama ga inai (sesshy –sama is not here)” she replied in a whisper so low that only he heard it.

“and what are you doing here?” Inuyasha question kiwi more.

“well... saa” she replied not sure how to reply to his question.

The others were exceptionally confused by now. They couldn’t hear her replies but could hear his questions. (Somewhat like a phone conversation, right? J)

“Inuyasha , who is she?” Shippo asked jumping onto Inu’s shoulder and making the girl yelp and sprint backwards and lose her balance and fall.

Thankfully for Inuyasha’s fast reflexes, he caught her right before her back collided with the floor. Shippo too got scared when she yelped and he sprang for Kagome.

“Watch it” Inu scolded the girl as he caught her and straightened up.

“Gomenasai” kiwi told shyly, apologizing.

“well...” Miroku asked Inuyasha as the girl sprang back up into Inuyasha’s arms.

“Well what?” Inuyasha asked irritated. “Who is she?” Kagome asked impatiently, she too was eager to find who the girl was, and why of all people she clung on to Inuyasha like that and why he was leaving her to and what connections they had (not in the romantic way she is too small for that).

He look at the girl and replied shortly, “Kiwi”.

Kagome went close to Inu, Shippo in her shoulders, to greet the girl but the strange girl she was she cringed away from Kagome’s touch.

“And she is afraid of strangers” Inuyasha said in reply to the other’s baffled expressions, with a snicker.

“How do you know all this?” Kagome asked now definitely irritated a bit, because he knew and was not telling anything to them.

It was not everyday that you run into stranger people, then again what else was new. Ever since they started tracking down the shikon no tama they meet a lot of strange people.

First and foremost of all was Naraku, but he at least had a reason for his behavior she didn’t.

Kiwi was looking at Inuyasha strangely, she was waiting to see what his reply would be.

“Because she is my sister” Inuyasha replied groggily.

 Everybody stared at him, before they all went in unison “you have a sister?” and at the same time Miroku went “but she is human.” Inuyasha however heard both comments, after all he did have sharp ears.

“yeah, I have a sister so?” Inuyasha replied to Kagome’s, Sango’s and Shippo’s questions a little bit annoyed.

“And she is not a hu- *slap*” he started to answer Miroku’s question but kiwi covered his mouth soo fast that it got slapped.

“shh... don’t tell them everything” Kiwi whispered in his ear her small left hand still covering his mouth.

Pulling her hand off of his mouth- easily because she was not holding it tightly- he  told her “alright, alright already”, irritated and still holding her hand so she won’t cover his mouth again.

Then again he was not the most patient person among the group of the protagonists.

“is she a hanyou like you then?” Miroku asked Inuyasha interestedly. He had got the ‘she is not a hu-‘ part and realized that he was going to tell ‘she is not a human’.

“Er... not really, it kinda hard to explain” Inu told him, not wanting to get to the story of his sister, and anyway she wouldn’t like that either.

“Well...” Miroku said again confusing Inuyasha.

“Would you stop with the well... already and tell what you want” Inuyasha exploded, yelling at Miroku.

Kiwi giggled and told “he wants to hear what you said it was hard to explain” in a small voice.

“Oh!” was all Inu was able to come up with. “Not now Miroku, it’s too long.”

“Very well then... shall we continue?” Miroku asked the others who also was listening eager to know who or what the small girl was.

“Yeah” Kagome and Sango replied.

“What about Kiwi?” Shippo asked them from where he was, top of kagomes shoulder.

“yeah what about your sister Inuyasha?” Sango too asked caringly, also concerned for the little girl with Inuyasha.

“Can she stay, since she is your sister?” Shippo asked hopeful that Inuyasha would agree to keep her with them.

Inuyasha didn’t reply at once he looked at Kiwi with raised eyebrows, silently asking weather she will stay with them.

She shrugged her shoulder (meaning whatever) getting Inu’s message. As long as She was with her Sesshy-sama or Inu-kun she was fine.

Inuyasha knew that , but he was half expecting that se would say that she want to be with her Sesshy-sama, and sighed with relief that she didn’t say that, he really didn’t want to go finding Sesshoumaru right now.

“Alright, whatever, let’s go” He said and started going to the village they were headed for.

The others followed suite and fell into steps behind him.

“So... aren’t you going to introduce your friends to me?” Kiwi questioned Inu as she repositioned herself on to his shoulder, so now she had her legs hanging onto each side of his shoulder.

Inu knew that this is how she usually sat, so he wouldn’t have to carry her- not that he minded, but just was her way.

“Inu-kun” Kiwi pleaded with her bro telling him to introduce his friends, as she started stroking his hair and sometimes his ears.

Inu grunted. He knew- from experience- that she won’t let him be if she didn’t introduce them. She was the kind of person who loved everyone, even thought she flinch from strangers touch.

So he stopped in his tracks, turned around and while pointing at each one of his companions and introduced them.

“That’s Miroku, not only is he a Monk but he is also a pervert. That’s Sango, she’s a demon slayer. And Shippo, a kitsune as you can see it thought he is demon he is pretty useless.”

Before anyone could do/say anything –about Shippo being useless- Kiwi slapped Inu across his head as soon as he finished his sentence.

“Don’t call him useless” She scolded him as she slapped him.

To everyone’s surprise Inu didn’t start yelling at Kiwi neither for hitting him nor for scolding him, which for him was very unusual –not to yell I mean. That really wasn’t like him at all.

If anyone else had done that to him he would have made them really, really, really regretted it not even a minute... scratch that, a second later.

“well... he is.” Inu shrugged it off “And that’s...” he said pointing at Kagome who he still hadn’t introduced.

“Inu-kun I know... Kikiyou-san, not?” Kiwi started but stopped mid-sentence noticing  Kagome for the first time and also that she has a few similarities to Kikiyou, but she was not her.

The others too had stunned looks on their faces, seeing as how Kiwi knew about Kikiyou, as for Inuyasha he knew this conversation would come sooner or later and he was hoping it will be sooner but that she would have whispered it in his ear as with how she talked to him all this time, he didn’t expect that she would say it out loud.

“Hai, she is not Kikiyou, kiwi. She’s Kagome Kikiyou’s reincarnation” Inuyasha told Kiwi who was still perched on his shoulder and looking very confused.

Kiwi’s eyes fogged up with tears, as she realized that Kikiyou must be dead if Kagome was her reincarnation, “Th- That means K- Ki- Kikiyou-san ga- ga...” Kiwis voice broke off unable to finish that horrible sentence that Kikiyou must be dead.

“Hai Kikiyou is dead” Inuyasha conformed it to her he said it like he didn’t even care, but everyone knew otherwise, that he really was still in love with Kikiyou.

Kiwi knew that too, not only that she also had loved Kikiyou at one time way back before she was alive, actually Kiwi had known that Kikiyou died after sealing Inu to the goshinbuku (the sacred tree), but seemed like she forgot.

That is why hearing that tears welled up in her eyes, and freaked Inuyasha out too, he could smell her tears since he couldn’t see her from where she was sitting, preached on top of his shoulder.

“Feh, don’t star crying now, after all you knew that she was dead you were there when that happened Kiwi, remember after she sealed me to the goshinbuku” Inuyasha told his sister a little bit panicked that she was going to cry.

Sniffing kiwi wiped away her tears. “Yorushiku onegaishimasu mina (Nice to meet all of you)” she said out loud in the sweet childish voice.

“Yorushiku” Kagome greeted the little girl good naturedly, with a warming smile. The others too greeted her and they continued on their journey.

“Anyway Kiwi, what was Sesshoumaru thinking leaving you in a place like that?” Inuyasha asked Kiwi, then narrowing his eyes he asked “Or is he here with you?”

Kiwi shook her head, “Iya , he isn’t here. He left me with Kaasasa-san in the village up ahead to wait until you come this way and then I can go with you no” she explained to her brother as well as she could.

As she was explaining that she was playing with his ears, that loved her soft and friendly touch, also a small purr was erupting from him- not heard by the others ofcourse.

“So what are the humans getting in return for helping a demon like Sesshoumaru?” Inuyasha asked in almost a sneer.

He knew very well from experience that humans would never help a demon, and Sesshoumaru wouldn’t stoop low enough to ask a human for help so there must have been a catch to all this.

By now they had reached the village, somehow before Kiwi had the chance to answer a woman came out of the village calling Kiwi’s name.

“Kiwi” she said when she finally reached them “Where have you been, I was worried sick, you really shouldn’t have left the village alone, especially with those demons lose outside the village and who are these people? Is he a half demon?”

The lady was about 20 years of age, with long black hair and liquid brown eyes.

“Gomen” Kiwi said looking down guilt stricken; after all she had made her –for now- guardian worry about her.

“Don’t go wandering out the village again, got it?” the lady asked Kiwi who eagerly nodded her head.

“And… who are these people?”

Cheering up Kiwi introduced the others, “This is Inu-kun (showing Inu- though she was still in his shoulder), these are his friends or companions take it any way (motioning the other), they killed the snake youkai that was practically destroying the village”.

That village had been having trouble from the Snake Youkai that Inuyasha and the other had killed earlier that day.

“I see… you people are travelers I take it” she said to them as she reached out to take Kiwi from Inu, who not too eager to give her to this unknown stranger sprang back out of reach.

Kiwi understanding why he did that said “it’s Kaasasa-san Inu-kun, Kaasasa-san” emphasizing the last word.

“Oh so you are lady Kaasasa? It is pleasure to meet you my lady Miroku said as he stepped front. “You are a pretty lady, would you care to bare my child” he asked kneeling in front of her.

Three things happened at the same time, first- Kiwi who had not seen him in perverted action before sucked in a lot of air, at the same time Kaasasa slapped him and Sango’s hiraikotsu came down on his head.

“Watch your tongue monk, there are children around” Kaasasa said meaning not only Kiwi but Shippo too, he was a kid after all.

Then Sango pulled Miroku from the ear and left “Come on Sango, I didn’t mean that. Spare me Sango” Miroku pleaded with Sango.

And somehow in that time his hand found her bum and rubbed it, that received him another slap.

“My dear Sango, that was just my hand it seem to have a mind of its own” Miroku apologized.

“yeah right monk” was Sango’s only reply.

Kiwi was blinking back in surprise at all that had just happened right now, Miroku was still pleading with Sango to forgive him when Kiwi asked “is he always like that?”

She remembered Inuyasha introducing him (Miroku) as a monk and a pervert.

Shippo, shaking his head at the two, replied “whenever he see someone pretty and young”.

“Are you all travelers?” lady Kaasasa asked again -recovering from the shock- they hadn’t answered her the first time and they nodded their heads in reply.

“And I assume you all are looking for a place to stay?” they nodded their heads again. “Well then you can stay with us” she said indicating Kiwi and herself.

“Really can they?” Kiwi asked excited. Kaasasa smiling at the little girl enthusiasm nodded her head.

“Yay” Kiwi punched the air in joy. Then looking confused she asked “You guys will stay, right?”

Kagome too laughing lightly with humor said “of course we’ll stay.”

Chapter End Notes:

This is my first fanfiction ever so don’t be too harsh if its not too good.

And as for the rating im’ ot sure how to rate it so it could be a wrong one, sorry.

by the way i have cut this chapter in to two hopefully ill updat the rest soon.

 please leave a review if you like.

until then