- Text Size +
New Start

"Come on Inuyasha, I have to go home! My graduation is today!" she said irritably at the hanyou for having the nerve to try to stop her from going to her own graduation. Doesn't he know how important this was to her, and how much hard work it cost her to even be graduating?

"Kagome, we gotta find Naraku, and the stinking shards that you scattered in the first place, swinging your bow like an old hag instead of handing it over to me, so don't act like an idiot ‘cause you ain't going no where...besides your just making excuses for being a lazy girl" Inuyasha ranted at her blocking her path to the well, smiling smuggling thinking he had won the battle...but she'd hadn't given up, she'd make it to her own graduation one way or another, and if that meant one less hanyou in the world then she'll do it, anything to saver the moment of triumph when she finally has her diploma in her hand, after so many long late nights cramming for test. No sir, no Shards, evil, or ex-prince charming were going to stand in her way, she was a girl on a mission, and this time it didn't include saving the world.

"SIT BOY!! Why are you such a jerk? You have no say in my life!" she countered while running around him towards the well, she only had one chance, if she calculated correctly is she ran fast enough she'd be able to get to the well, it was perfect until she fell. ‘Ouch, great Kagome, why do you always have to be such a disaster?' she mumbled incoherently trying to recuperate herself, quickly getting up remembering her situation and purpose when suddenly a clawed hand gripped her by the waist and swung her over the shoulders. ‘Great, I'll never make it home now' She'd admit it wasn't one of her brightest plans, but it was worth a shot.

"Oh no you don't you dumb girl. We need ya' to collect the shards, and your not..."
He suddenly stopped and dropped her on the floor shielding tessaiga.

‘Ouch, what is he doing' she thought to herself. ‘That really hurt, just wait till I get up and he's dead meat!' getting up she froze slightly when she saw him...

Sesshomaru

Franticly she looked at Inuyasha growling angrily at his brother, then at Sesshomaru, staring at them blankly.

This is how she saw it: A. Sesshomaru was there to kill Inuyasha and get the sword, and maybe take a hit at her for fun, but it seemed unlikely since the brother seemed to have lost interest in the sword and them a while ago. B. He was just there to kill Inuyasha fro the fun of it, which seemed very possible as seeing as they weren't the best of brothers. C. He was just passing by to say hello, and fix their screwed up relationship with a civil conversation and hugs, which was ideal, but way unrealistic and dumb even coming from her, the queen of dumb and cheesiness. Or D. She. Had. No. Freakin. Clue.

"Sesshomaru what do you want?" Inuyasha asked through clenched teeth.

"This Sesshomaru has no need to state his business with the likes of you half-breed." The Great Western Lord sneered with obvious distaste.

‘Yeah he's probably here for plan B' she thought nervously, ‘what am I going to do?'

"You asshole don't try to act all high and mighty, if you're here for tessaiga you ain't getting it!" Inuyasha yelled angrily before charging into battle.

‘Oh why does it always come down to this' she sighed, focusing on Sesshomaru who seemed amused for some reason...

"The only bartered here is you half breed, prepare to die," he said calmly as if he was discussing the weather, easily dodging Inuyasha's attacks and unleashing his whip.

"INUYASHA!" She screamed horrified, not wanting to see her best friend get killed. She dropped her bag and picked dup an arrow lying in her quiver and prepared to shoot. ‘Sorry Sesshomaru' she thought releasing the arrow strait at him.

In a blink of an eye he disintegrated the arrow with this claws oozing brightly glowing green poison and turned his death glare at her, which scared the hell out of her. Those golden eyes, so different from the ones she had seen, the ones she had thought she knew, for at least a second, turned ones more into stranger's eyes. They were cold, deadly, and unsettling...as if they had never shared that moment...the moment in which she had felt at peace, it seemed like yesterday but those eyes, those heart stopping golden knives seemed to have destroyed that memory within them as if it had never happen...and it hurt her...

"Girl, my business is not with the half-breed" he said hatefully then turned around moving gracefully leaving her baffled.... ‘Then why was he here?' she questions quietly fro a second but it was none of her business as he had stated, so she shrugged it off.

"Kagome" Inuyasha called quietly turning toward her, golden eyes meeting crystal blue...no not golden...at least not the gold that she had seen moments ago...his eyes were more yellow...

When she faintly lost her train of thought and heard him swiftly say she should go home breaking off their gaze and saw him leave towards the village, leaving her even more confused. Grabbing her bag she looked one last time at the strange retreating guy and head for the well.

‘Dogs' why are they so confusing?' she grumbled walking through the forest not paying attention to her surrounding. ‘First they are all bark then no bite! Who gets them?' she kicked a rock reaching the wells clearing. ‘But whatever, they are so not my problem' she ranted sitting down on the wells railing getting ready to jump in and when she finally did she would of sworn she had seen a white figures shadow in the woods before been engulfed in the pink light.


"Mama I'm home" she said sliding off her shoes and heading up stairs to take a much-needed bath, for her well earned graduation ceremony.

"I miss does blue eyes how you kissed me at night...I miss the way we breathe...but I never told you what I should have said...after all the things we've been through I miss everything about you..." she sang her favorite song while slipping on her blue graduation robe and applying some use to her damp hair and putting on her black two inch heels and diamond stud earnings. With one last look in the mirror she put on her cap and headed down stares to depart with her family. ‘Better get thigh over with' she sighed.

"Kagome, you look beautiful! I can't believe my baby's all grown up!" Mrs. Hugarashi said taking pictures of her.

"Mama, no pictures remember?" Kagome said her cheeks tiring red. ‘Parents why do they insist of taking humiliating pictures 24/7?' she thought.

"Fine lets go before we're late then" her mom walked out the door fallowed by Souta, dressed for the occasion with a black tux and her mom with a simple knee length red dress...but someone was missing.

‘Grandpa' Kagome felt sad, her grandpa wasn't' with them anymore, he had left to meet up with... ‘papa'...both had left her alone...her grandpa had died last year of old age but she wasn't there when it happened. It hurt her a lot at first but she knew he was in a better place with her papa that had left her when she was six...

"Kagome you coming or what?" Souta asked from the door smiling proudly at her.

‘He's grown so much...and I've missed much of it' she thought sadly. Souta was nearly 5ft'7in tall, and not bad looking for a 16 year old. She had missed a lot... ‘grandpa's death, Soutas life, and mama....'

"yeah ... I am...I don't plan on missing out on everything anymore" she said walking out the door.


"Hugarashi Kagome" the principle announced her name, as she walked down the aisle to retrieve her diploma.

‘Finally, I never thought I'd get his with all the traveling and horrible grades!' she beamed happly making her way back to her seat.

The ceremony went on for an hour until it was done and everyone was allowed to go home. All her friends waved goodbye heading of to start this life's... ‘But when will I start mine?' she wondered.

"Sweetheart I'm so proud of you! Now you just have to worry about college!" her mom beamed cheerfully from the searing wheel.

"Yeah sis you finally get to live on your own, party, work and have fun!" Souta cheered from the back seat. ‘Typical kid' Kagome sighed.

"Yeah I guess you guys are right" she said looking up at the sky wondering what else the kami's will throw at her.

‘the stars are pretty tonight...magical...if only they would light my way...' she thought as they made their way home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok mama and Souta see ya later!" She waved goodbye and headed to the well quietly humming until she reached the mini-shed.

The thing that started it all, and the thing that will end it all. She never thought she could love and hate something so much at the same time. Because of the well she had met her friends, her love, and her enemies. Where she had her heart broken, life changed and matured to the 18 year old girl-women she was today.

Its wood, thorny and old, yet timeless, facing wars, disease, and more things then she will ever hope to know, but inside its treasure was hidden, a treasure and curse only for her. Her duty, her destiny... a place where she encountered her fears of self-pity, heights and death, all were slammed into her in 3 years. Things she would never trade, the lessons and memorize all packet in her head and in her heart.

But when will it be her time to truly live life, to actually feel love to accomplish her dreams of gong to college? She questions looking at the well as if it would suddenly start talking and explaining life to her... ‘.... Girl, get a grip of yourself! Life is life so you better get a move on before Inuyasha comes to get ya.' Her inner voice nagged and with that she jumped into the well and was surrounded by pink shimmering light. Never realizing what was planned for her, that her life was about to change, that day was her new start.