- Text Size +
Ok so this is the second chapter and you guys get some Sesshou actionsJ I know this fanfic is moving a little slow but things will pick up in a few chapters. Oh and if your looking for a straight love fanfic I'm sorry but this isn't it, things will move slowly, because I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible ^o^ However I hope I'm not boring you guys too much. Oh and I wouldn't mind some reviews on how you guys think this story is, I would appriciate them, but I'm not demanding them like some writers. Ok enough with my rant go one and read you guys lol:D

*I do not own Inuyasha or any of its Character not even the wonderfull Sesshomaru or Kagome L*


Different Shadows

Chapter 2

==========================FLASHBACK===========================

"My lord,"

"Yes, Jaken" he addressed his retainer coolly while admiring the sky, its beauty, the mystery, the power it hid all waiting for this Sesshomaru to obtain it...

"If it's my place... your lowly servant... would like to know if we will camp... here tonight...?" the imp questioned with a minimal amount of courage and hope to rest after a long day of traveling in his squeaky voice, but slowly vanishing as he approached this Sesshomaru, which was not uncommon, because he had that affect on anyone. What a pathetic thing, sometimes he wonder why...why he let him live...Considering his request for a moment he inclined his head and left towards the south, leaving Rin and Jaken to rest.


The breeze seemed to cry around him, plats seemed to bend to address the western lord. Human and demons nowhere in sight as if sensing the great lord and fearing for their worthless life's. How pathetic, no one dread to mess with this Sesshomaru, no one was greater, but one... yes one, even in death, his memory, his legacy, hunted this Sesshomarus existence, unnoticed by most but...disturbed him.

Reaching a spring he sat and began to meditate. It was a peaceful night, no demons or humans...just the smell of salt mixed with lavender and roses... A pleasant smell he had to admit but tainted with the aura of humanity and the bothersome thing weaklings called feelings...yet the aura had power...a miko...?

Deciding to pay closer attention he realized it was that girl...the one that dared to defy him, the indecent and strange girl, his half-breed brothers wench. ‘But why was she alone and reeked of salt?' Dismissing the thought he continued to relax until he heard footsteps rapidly heading to the spring and the smell of the wench with a whirlwind of emotions causing a catastrophe to the peace he so greatly craved at the moment ‘...humans so bothersome...'

Standing he moved to a more secluded part of the spring, not lowering himself to leave just because a mere human arrived...However she was not just a mere human he had to admit. She is in fact the Shikon Miko, with strange clothing, foolish courage, pureness, fire and a pleasant smell...not that he would say such things out loud, for he Sesshomaru was Lord of the West.

‘Thud'

‘She fell?' he wondered while opening his eyes to see the miko, the Shikon Miko face down crying for several minutes. Dressed in informal clothing, an enormous storm of joy, lose, and frustration radiated from her small body; putting off a displeasing smell compared to her usual aroma.

‘What has the idiotic half-breed done now?' he thought while observing the changes in body and facial expressions she made while washing her face. ‘How weak, humans let their emotions flair so easily, they become so vulnerable...how pathetic...' he continued to meditate as if nothing had accrued...but for some reason he kept thinking of her, how strong she was, she could be, but was unable to control her feelings like a human...

‘Father this Sesshomaru shall never understand why you fell so low, so in-love with such fragile creatures. They know nothing of hone and strength.' Turning to the sky he wondered about many things, when out of the corner of his eye a star shot through the immense blanket of the sky so high and silently heard the miko speak...

"Star that twinkles so far, can't you see me from above? If you do, please, I beg you, make my wish come true...I wish to find...happiness in the arms of the person who loves me, Kagome... not the reincarnation, but for the girl I am, Kagome"

‘Kagome the bird in the cage, so strange, but fitting name for the one who shall save the world' he watched her, with mild curiosity. ‘Young, 16 or 17 summers at most, pure and plain, but different...'

‘Happiness...is that it? Is that what humans crave.... father...?' he asked himself as the girl, Kagome...left, her odd yellow bag and clothing fading into the forest.

‘Father is that the reason, you grew weak? Is that why you loved a human...and died? Did you also long for this thing...this happiness these humans crave?'. Looking up at the night sky glowing with an ocean of twinkling starts he wondered. Then another star flew by...as if the god's allowed the Great General to answer his lost son's questions...

‘I see, than this Sesshomaru will understand you father, this one shall too find and conquer this happiness, but shall not grow weak' glancing one last look at the sky he got up and started to head back to his small pack.

======================FLASHBACK ENDS==========================

It has been a year since than and this Sesshomaru has yet to obtain happiness...but he was content to have Rin, not that he would admit it. With his charge and retainer he traveled the country and he would accomplish his most sought out wish: power, by destroying Naraku.

Two days have passed by since his pack and he left the Western Lands and he was beginning to sense his half-brother... ‘Vermin' ...not wanting to deal with such worthless creatures he decided to make camp, to avoid the pest.
"Jaken, gather wood and set camp" he addressed his green imp, "Yes, milord" the creature responded evidence of fear and panic coding his brief words. Sometimes he wondered why he'd bother with such things, as Jaken... the imp then bowed and diligently, like an elf making toys, set up camp, while Rin amused herself with wild flowers.

"Sesshomaru-sama, what are stars?" asked Rin catching him off gaur, something she did frequently to his annoyance.

‘What are stars to a child, are they different to her than to this Sesshomaru or ...the miko?' He pondered this, while looking at his small charge of 9 summers; some adult teeth adorned her child face, long brown hair, and brown eyes, with a pink kimono, his human that brought light to his isolated life. Then he observed the sky with its distant lights, that held answers, hope, truth, and beauty, with their dark blue hues that draped around them.

"Rin, stars are lights" staring once more to his ward, he simple said and left.


Walking to a near by steam he was surprised to have not noticed the miko, that he had not see for a year casually sitting by the stream reading an odd scroll. She seemed older now, long ebony hair shinning like blue reached her mid back, healthy pink skin, longs legs, and soft looking women curves; everything that made her human ...and weak...Choosing to ignore her he continued and sat by a tree near the stream. Closing his eyes he began to meditate.

"Hello Sesshomaru, what brings you here?" the miko said looking at him, without fear much the same as she had the first time they crossed paths. Debating whether or not to answer he looked up at the sky, remembering the night so long ago, when they both wished...Mimicking him, the miko did the same, looking at her out of the corner of his eye he noticed.

"Beautiful aren't they? ... Lights of hope" she said barely above a whisper. He saw her eyes, her crystal topaz blue eyes for the first time...take a soft glow melting them to a beautiful sea blue, lips curling to a small smile softening her face. He agreed with her, stars, the only hope left for him to understand... and surpass his father.

"You have changed miko" he stated blandly, while staring at the sky. A peaceful silence fell, moon high in the sky, stars and clouds in a heavenly blanket and a cool breeze, as if whispering with the tall trees.

"I'm... just Kagome, Sesshomaru" she said meeting his eyes, blue against gold, before she smiled.

‘Just Kagome...' he thought turning his gaze once more to the sky. ‘This Sesshomaru would also always be just Sesshomaru...' However everything around him would always change but he would not. The earth would also change but it would still remain, like him it was timeless. In his world nothing ever seemed to be a just something. Yet with her...time seemed to stand still...things were different...it did not bother him or please him.

‘I wonder if she has found her happiness' he question but restrained from doing so out loud... "Hn" was all he said content merely to watch the sky. They both sat there enjoying life for minutes, time stopping, the earth glowing, and the stars shinning for two strangers with different shadows but with the same wish.