- Text Size +
Tactics – Chapter 4 – “Draining”

It had taken another entire month before Eiji had found even a clue as to where he could locate the fearsome Lord of the West and then another two weeks after that to actually track him down. Afore the great demon’s feet was where the elderly priest now knelt, reverently pleading his case. Little did he know that his words were falling upon deaf ears.

“I beg thee Lord Sesshomaru, on behalf of my village, to honor the pact made between the former Western Lord and our village leader of yore.”

“How dare you grovel at the great… SQUAWK!”

A black boot instantly hushed the annoying servant as Sesshomaru began to traveling down the dirt road; a young mortal and two headed dragon following along silently behind him.

“Are you just going to ignore our problem?!” Eiji loudly questioned the demon lord but received no answer. Again he questioned.

“You won’t aide us then?”

Sesshomaru halted and slightly tipped his head to towards the elderly man.

“Hn, this Sesshomaru will not honor such an agreement made between your village and my Sire.” He began to move away again.

 Most people gazing at Eiji would have never seen the dark look enter his eyes as he listened to the reply. There was no way on God’s green earth that he was going to let his village down so he was going to have to go about getting his way on an entirely different level; one that he was sure would make his dearly departed master roll over in his grave. No one had ever thought about Eiji having a dark side to him, and they never would either.

Beneath his breath was how he muttered the spell and an even brighter gleam leapt into his eyes at the sight of the cold Lord freezing in place before dropping down to a single knee.

"You left me no choice. Since you won't help you will suffer as those you strive to hate."

Pain had engulfed Sesshomaru’s body as his strength left him completely. Perplexed as to what was going on, as he had never experienced such a phenomenon, his only solution on how to solve the dilemma was to fight off whatever was attacking his body with the poison running through his veins.

But why couldn’t the silent killer be summoned? Where was the poison that ran through his veins?

What was happening to his muscles? Where was his strength? His demonic senses? Why was the overwhelming feeling of weakness engulfing him all of a sudden? Bringing his only hand before his face for examination, Sesshomaru quickly learned why he was feeling so drained.

The bluntness of his nails was his first clue; one that he frankly didn’t like. Then he’d felt the slight shift of his ears reshaping themselves and the markings upon his face feeling like they were being burned off, supposedly disappearing. Next to go was his moko-moko, but it was the tiny strand of hair falling across his shoulder and the color that it was which sealed the deal for who knew how long.

It was clear now that Lord Sesshomaru had been transformed into a powerless human man.

Chapter End Notes:

A/N – Total words – 482

PLEASE NOTE – This story is told in drabbles and will be updated when I feel inspired.