- Text Size +
Tactics – Chapter 2 – “A Prince Without A Palace”


“Enter.”

The screen to the human Lord’s chambers slid open to reveal High Priest Eiji; beside him lay a small pack and his holy staff – he was obviously ready to commence his mission.

“I am prepared to leave M’Lord; all that needs to be known is the location of the Western Kingdom and I will begin my journey.”

A questionable smirk crossed Lord Hideki’s face as he rolled up the scroll he had been reading, set it aside, and folded his hands neatly in front him.

“Wherein lies the problem Eiji.”

“Pardon M’Lord?” Sometimes he hated it when Hideki spoke in riddles.

“You see, when the ‘Great Dog General’ – as he was called – died the place in which he resided was left without a ruler. Mind you, his son did take over as the Western Lord after his demise but he had no desire to live in a place where a human had dwelled. Therefore the young Lord had his father’s abode burned to the ground along with anyone among the late Lord’s staff that had a love or fondness for the human race.”

Was Hideki saying what he thought he was saying? Surely his Lord wouldn’t send him straight out to be slain – would he?

“Are you saying that if I even approach the Western Lord that I will killed on site?”

Hideki rose from his seat and walked to gaze out the window and into the gardens. Never did he like to see the look upon a person’s face when he spoke a horrible truth – it just wasn’t in his nature.

“It is true that Lord Sesshomaru has a great distaste for humans due to his father’s… betrayal shall I say – and at times he has killed a human just because they were in his way. But rumors have been spreading like wildfire throughout the countryside that he is losing his edge.” He paused to take a small sip of sake.

“According to the words of various traders passing through our village, Lord Sesshomaru has taken in a young ward…”

“Lord Hideki what does that have to do…?”

“A human ward.” Hideki finished, watching as the old priest eyes widened to a proportion that would have surely cause his eyes to pop out of their sockets. It amazed him how the most minor details would surprise Eiji. Who wouldn’t expect someone to change, even the slightest way, within the past two hundred years?

“So you’re saying that I have a chance at speaking with Lord Sesshomaru then? That is good news but even if I didn’t have the chance I would still travel since it is for the good of the village. This one still must know where it is he is to travel to. So if you would kindly tell me where the current Lord’s home resides then I will be on my way.”

A look passed across Hideki’s face, one that told the next bit of information would not be good. It certainly couldn’t be as bad as the last bit could it?

“That is the dilemma Eiji…”

“There is no Western Kingdom.”

Chapter End Notes:
A/N ~ Total word count – 525

What does everyone think of this so far? Do you dare me to continue it? Should I cross into the abyss of the Sesshomaru/Mrs. Higurashi fandom couple universe?????

HUGE THANKS to LadyyT013 for reviewing!

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/REVIEWS ~ FLAMES WELCOMED!