- Text Size +

Curiosity - Chapter 5 - "It Can't Be... Can It?

The swirling vortex around Sesshomaru began to lighten and take shape. Although, there wasn't really all that much shape. Before him stood what no words could describe, there was no plant life, no demons or humans for that matter, and the only animals were brown "bird" looking things flying above the Western Lord's head.

Amber eyes glided over the landscape, looking for the item he was to "test" his theory on. Then his eyes fell on his intended "target" which was approximately thirty miles from his current position. He could clearly see it from his current position, after all, demons had extremely good eyesight. "Hn, who would have thought that there would have been a way to bring you back?" All though, he would never admit it, Sesshomaru did wonder what life would have been like if that dreadful event hadn't occurred so many years ago. "I still blame both of them for causing that to happen. That event never would have happened if it wasn't for them!" Sesshomaru stated smugly, with a rarely seen glint of anger in his eyes.

Within moments of that small burst of emotion, he was traveling across the plain using his ball of youkai energy. It took him less than two minutes to reach his destination, and he now stood before that which was lost to him so long ago. Sesshomaru's eyes scanned the huge pile in front of him, the "landmark" that was once there was now nothing but a pile of ash and armor. "Perhaps this was a result of my poison. Forgive me for ruining your resting place." The Western Lord thought sadly as he stared at the only thing left of the grave.

Suddenly he felt Tenseiga shaking forcefully at his hip, practically demanding to be released from its sheath. Sesshomaru tilted his head to looked at his family heirloom, now noticing that it was not only shaking but pulsing rapidly as well. Although the Sesshomaru knew the sword didn't have a conscious mind, he could sometimes "feel" what the sword wanted to do. (As far as deciding who or who not to resurrect.) At that particular moment the Western Lord was "feeling" excitement, anticipation, and... longing? Was the Tenseiga actually eager to bring back what used to be this pile of ash and armor before him? "This Sesshomaru is about to find out."

Stepping back a few feet, Sesshomaru drew the famed sword of life out of its sheath and pointed it toward the rubble in front of him. Tenseiga was now pulsing more rapidly than it had ever in the entire time that Sesshomaru had owned the sword, it was apparently REALLY wanting to bring back whatever the pile had once been when it was alive. The sword started glowing as it usually did when working its "magic" and Sesshomaru saw all of the surrounding area disappear, only leaving the pile before him. His eyes widened slightly at the sight he saw before him. There were dozens, perhaps even hundreds of imps tying chains and ropes to what was left of this "creatures" soul. "Or perhaps, he had enough power to keep his whole soul here this entire time? How interesting."

Tenseiga's magic was becoming stronger by the moment, seemly trying to build up enough energy to attempt to accomplish such a feat. There was no doubt in Sesshomaru's mind that his goal would be accomplished, in fact, he didn't know the meaning of the word doubt. "It is time to begin." Sesshomaru brought Tenseiga above his head, ready to strike as he spoke the chant mentioned in the scroll. "Throughout these times that you've been dead, and others have stood alive in thy stead. Now is the time for thee to walk once again among us, For your aide is needed among the living to make things right and just!"

With that, he swung Tenseiga's blade down and struck the pile in front of him. All of the energy that had been built up within the sword blasted through all the imps attempting to take whatever was left of the creatures soul. The blue wave of healing quickly began the agonizing task of restoring whatever or whoever this being once was. It looked as if the swords magic was working overtime, the blue aura from the sword's magic surrounding the pile just kept getting brighter and brighter. It was almost to the point of where Sesshomaru would have to turn away to avoid losing his sight, but he kept on watching what was happening in front of him, wanting to catch every detail of what this "new" power held.

To say that the things happening before Sesshomaru were amazing was an understatement. What was once ash was now shaping and rebuilding itself into what was once bone. Then the bones started to find each other and connect in the way the were rightfully supposed to go. And from there the muscle tissues started growing back, as well as the internal organs. Those two processes by themselves took almost two hours to complete, after all, this being had been here for how long? It was obvious that it was going to take a while for the everything else to be completed.

Finally, the skin began to grow over the newly formed muscles. The skin didn't take as long to grow back as Sesshomaru thought it would, he also noticed that this new skin was free of all of the scars that had marred this person so long ago. All that was left on his skin were the hereditary markings that showed others who he was. The blue aura slowly started to dissipate, but it didn't leave the body that now laid in what once was a pile of ash and armor. No, the aura was receding into the persons heart, which was not beating as of yet. Within minutes the last of the aura dissipated and Sesshomaru let out the breath he had unconsciously been holding in, for heard another heartbeat other than his own.

Sesshomaru slowly made his way towards the figure and looked over the persons body to make sure everything was there and in place as it was supposed to be. "Hn, I can't actually check to make for sure though. Amazing, Tenseiga even regenerated his clothing. Is there no limit to what this sword can bring back?"

A groan disrupted his thoughts and he turned to the face of the person laying in front of him. He noticed that he was sniffing the air, testing it to see if there were any enemies around, for it was instinct. The person sluggishly opened his eyes, allowing them to readjust to the light they hadn't seen in such a long time.

After a few moments, a pair of eyes lost their glossy look and starred at person above them. His mouth opened in an attempt to say something, but couldn't since he was so very parched. "How long has it been since I last talked? I can't remember..." The man swallowed a few times and once again turned his gaze to the person staring at him. "Se...Sess...Sesshomaru?" He questioned in a whispered, scratchy voice.

Sesshomaru curtly nodded to the man, "Welcome back..." he paused and let a small glint of happiness show through his eyes.

"Father."

Chapter End Notes:

A/N - I would like to ask if someone could possibly leave a review for me please? I was just wondering what someone thought of how this story was going so far. Even if it is just one person I would greatly appreciate it!