- Text Size +

Curiosity – Chapter 32 – "Sticks and Stones"


Punch…

Dodge…

Claw…

Jump…

Damn this process was getting tiring! How much longer was the bastard going to continue doing this? Was it honestly so bad that he pulled the Tessaiga against the old man?

And why the hell was said old man just standing right beside the shrine steps where he'd been when this whole thing started.

Did he not care that his two sons were practically tearing each other to pieces?

"You should learn to pay attention to your opponent fool!"

Sesshomaru dealt another blow to Inuyasha, sending him flying once again, this time landing almost at the feet of his father. The man towering above him kept his eyes on the battle at hand as Inuyasha made his way back to adorn his half-brother with a new set of wounds. Apparently not willing to help either one of his sons -

This was what got his mate so very riled at him.

"What do you think you are doing just standing here Touga? You should be out there stopping them, not witnessing their bloodshed as a simple spectator!"

His eyes never left the dueling brothers as he considered how exactly he was going to explain what was happening before her in a way his mortal mate would understand. Of course Touga could comprehend where she was coming from with her worries, and even from the cries of fear that tore from her mouth every time his eldest managed a hit with his poison whip; she knew just how potent that stuff could be.

"We must leave them be Izayoi." Anger filled eyes looked to him again. "They are only fighting for dominance. Although Sesshomaru is the eldest, and is therefore already holding the better position of the two in our pack, it seems that they fight not for the kill but for my attention."

"You mean to say that they are vying for who gets more of your time?" Surely that couldn't be it.

A nod from Touga confirmed her suspicions. "Although I don't believe Inuyasha knows exactly what he is doing and is going purely on instincts, this is what he is doing."

He wrapped an arm around his mate, drawing her in close. "I know he says we aren't his parents on the outside, but I believe that deep down he knows we have come back to him. It is only due to his life after we both were killed that he is acting this way. Perhaps with time he will come to terms and accept us."

"But must we still allow them to do this?"

Once again Touga tried to explain what had to happen between the two brothers and why.

It was unfortunate that neither noticed just how bad the battle was becoming.


It took all Kagome had not to jump in the middle and intervene. It was bad enough that one way or another Sesshomaru had gotten through the well; but the worst thing that happened so far was when Inuyasha had Tessaiga separated from him.

And they all knew what happened when that terrible event occurred.

She could tell that Inuyasha was trying; he'd actually laid quite a few good blows on his brother, but not enough to slow him down. It took a lot more than a couple dozen "iron reaver soul stealer's" to get that man… demon off his feet. After all, the only time Inuyasha had ever injured Sesshomaru enough to cause him harm was when he'd first discovered the wind scar.

Kagome was sure the hanyou wasn't going to magically pull a new attack out of his fire-rat anytime soon.


Did the bastard ever get any of his f***ing poison on himself?

That shit hurt!

But no matter how many injuries marred his body he wasn't going to step down; not with his old man and mother watching. No one was going to look down and take pity upon him for being hanyou.

Yeah, he knew his "mother" loved him no matter what but he had no idea how his "father" felt about his half-breed son and somewhere down in his locked up heart he felt the need to make him proud.

Within the next few minutes he had laid a few more good punches and kicks; even a couple bouts of "blades of blood", but that still didn't slow his bastard brother down.

It appeared that with every hit he administered to his brother – five more were retaliated back.

Boy was his demon getting tired of it.


No – no – no – no – no – no! This was not a good time for something like this to happen; especially in her era.

Oh God what was she going to do?

"Think Kagome, what should you do first? We need to get a barrier up around the shrine that will hold Inuyasha in if he does get out of control. Then we'll need a secondary barrier to protect everyone."

She turned around to face Kaede, who was playing backup guard for her family in case things got out of hand and rattled off her idea.

"Child we should do these things but I don't have near enough power to encompass the whole shrine."

"Then tell me what to do and I'll perform the enchantment."

"I highly doubt that you could pull off such a feat."

Ignoring Kikyo's comment for the time being, the young miko listened to Kaede as she explained what needed to be done to accomplish the mini feat. When Kaede had finished Kagome's barrier was already in place around the shrine since she had done everything as it was told to her.

Kaede had even agreed to place the secondary barrier for her; now that one she could hold up. Before Kagome could set the next part of her plan into action though she noticed how close the two elderly's of the small group were. Was that holy energy being passed back and forth between them?

Ugh! She didn't have time to think of that right now!

Quickly she obtained Sango and Miroku's help on locating where the Tessaiga had fallen during the beginning of the fight, and it was just her luck as to where it was at.

Near the third storage shed…

On the opposite side of the grounds…

On the other side of the brothers little escapade.

Taking a deep breath, making sure she had the nerve to do the crazy stunt she was about to pull, Kagome began to dash across the stone and through the middle of the clashing inu's to get to the famed sword; all the while her family and friends yelling at her to come back and to not be so stupid.

But she had to do this; already the demonic stripes upon his cheeks were darkening in color. Only one thought ran through her mind as she kept on running.

Izayoi didn't deserve to see her son like that; as a cold and heartless killer.

Suddenly Kagome found herself gliding through the air for a measly few seconds before feeling her feet touch the ground and a clawed hand grasp her shoulder roughly.

"Just what were you thinking trying to rush in between them like that young one? What is so important that you would risk your life to run in the midst of an Inuyoukai fight?"

"Please Lord Touga you must understand, if I don't get Tessaiga back and return it to Inuyasha immediately something dire will happen and it will be hard to stop him!" Kagome's eyes were filled with desperation as her gaze kept going between the Tessaiga and the youkai holding her back. He truly had no idea of what was going to happen if he didn't let her go.

"Why? What is going to happen to Inuyasha if…?"

Touga never got the chance to finish – he was cut off as his wife's terror filled screams flooded the air…

Along with the scent of Inuyasha's demonic blood.


Miles away, in the middle of the farming country of Japan, a lone white dog sat watching his master train his horses. His life was a peaceful one, filled with long days of running through the fields and chasing local wildlife. Yes, this was definitely going to be another one of those good days.

Or so he thought.

Mind you, he didn't have much if any hearing, but over what little he did have a series urgent howls reached into his doggie brain; feeding him many warnings and messages about something happening at his old home and it frightened him.

Quickly he got to his paws and started rushing to his master; he would know what to do.

His Tinkerbell's pack was in danger – and they needed help now.

Chapter End Notes:

A/N – Total word count – 1,462

Golly gee – I love you guys so much I decided to update SUPER early

and give you two more cliffies! XD

BTW - there is a reason I wrote "His Tinkerbell" so that's not a typo.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS – FLAMES WELCOMED!