- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Don't own inuyasha.

Sesshomaru's sword sparked as it clashed with his uncles, "You will be killed today, uncle."

"Not if I have a say in it." His uncle ducked as he swung under, then he jumped back, "And I have a large say."

"Sword play..." Sesshomaru jumped at him and the tip of his sword entered his uncle's stomach, "Isn't about saying anything." With that, He thrust his sword deeper and brought it up through the body.

His uncle's eyes blinked for a moment, then he fell, lifeless. Sesshomaru could only stare for a moment at his dead uncle; he tricked him.

-flashback-

"Are you not afraid of what your mother will think?" His uncle taunted, "I mean, you are the reason he is dead."

Snarling, Sesshomaru's sword met his uncle's, "I am here to save her and make up for my mistake."

"I can't believe you really think you killed him." He stepped close and whispered so quietly, "I killed your father." He chuckled and stepped away again and swung, "That dagger had poison. I wanted the thrown and now I have it."

-end flashback-

He shook his head and looked back at his mother, "Are you ok?"

She stood and ran to him, "Hai." She nuzzled her face into his armor clad chest, "Go find her."

He knew she was speaking of Kagome, "Stay here." He looked over at Shippo, "Watch and take care of her."

With that, he left in search of Kagome. He could hear the servants fighting and then heard a yelp and a sword drop. He rounded a corner and saw a wolf standing over Kagome who was backing up slowly. She didn't notice him and started snarling at the wolf, "Sesshomaru-sama will take his thrown back and see to it that you are slaughtered like you did to my father."

"Right." The wolf laughed, "And then he will take you as a mate and live happily ever after?" The wolf raised his sword, "I think-"

Sesshomaru impaled his sword through the wolf's neck and chopped it clean off. Kagome's eyes were closed and she was breathing harshly, "Kagome..."

Her eyes opened and they focused on him, "Did we die?"

"Do you think such lowly things can kill this Sesshomaru?" He scoffed, "Like they could."

She stood and ran to him to embrace him, "Thank you for returning, Sessho."

He grunted with the force she hit him with, but couldn't help but smirk, "What have I said about that nickname, Kagome?"

She stepped back with a blush, "I am sorry, Sesshomaru-sama."

He smiled slightly, but let that vanish in a flash as he stepped closer and held her by her chin, "I will let only you call me such, my Kagome."

"Your Kagome?" She looked up with innocent eyes.

"Yes." He gave her a small kiss,"Mine."

He kissed her again, but this time longer and more passionate. He let her go so they could breathe, then he looked up at everyone around them, "Lets get my home back into order, shall we?"

Chapter End Notes:
This is the end of a very short story, but I hope you enjoyed it. :)