- Text Size +

Kagome ran down Maple Road with only one thought in her mind, I must save Mizuki!! Kagome looked down ever alley way she saw, hoping that Mizuki would be there. She cried out Mizuki's name many times, only to be looked at strange by people walking down the street. She wiped the tears from her cheeks and eyes as she ran down the sreet. She paused at the intersection of Maple Road and Sakura Drive. She looked down at the ground, fearing that it may be too late to find her beloved Mizuki, until she found a drop of blood. It was heading toward Sakura Drive. Kagome's soul and heart soared! She knew that she was going to find her!

"Mizuki!!!" Kagome cried down Sakura Drive.

"Come here you stupid brat!" She heard someone call.

"Mizuki?!" Kagome said as she ran toward the man's voice.

"Leave me alone! I'll hurt you if you don't!" Mizuki's voice coughed out in a nearby alley way.

"Mizuki!!!" Kagome cried as she ran into the alley way.

"Mommy?" Mizuki coughed as more blood came dripping from her mouth.

"Mizuki!! You had me so worried!" Kagome cried as her tears flowed freely.

"Who's this whore?" A man called from behind Kagome.

"What did you call me?" Kagome growled.

"You heard me! And I bet this is your little sick slave!" He laughed.

"You listen to me! I'm Kagome Higurashi. I am the one who will put you in a grave if you don't leave my child alone! And who are you to say that I'm a whore?! Do you understand that I've been through Hell and back in order to find my baby! Back off!!!" Kagome shouted with such anger in her voice.

"Mommy...I'm sorry. I didn't think.....you would worry.....so much......" Mizuki panted as more blood dripped from her.

"Mizuki,it's ok....Mommy's here..." Kagome said as she embraced Mizuki tightly.

"Hey, how about we have some 'fun' with her? I've been a little busy lately." The leader smirked as he grabbed Kagome by the arm, pulling her away from Mizuki.

"Mizuki!" Kagome shouted as Mizuki hid the ground head first.

"Come on little lady! Give us some fun!" one man said.

"Yeah, come on! Off with the shirt!" One laughed stupidly.

"Mizuki!! Let me go you idiots!" Kagome shouted as she fought the gang members.

"Mommy...don't hurt....her! Mommy....Mommy!" Mizuki panted as she saw her mother being beaten and striped by the men.

"You're next little girl!" The leader said as he picked her up by her hair.

"LET THEM GO!!!!!!!!" Someone shouted from above.

"Who was that?!" The leader shouted.

Just then, Inuyasha came crashing down upon the gang members. Inuyasha single handedly beat the gang members without trouble. Kagome grabbed her torn shirt as Inuyasha held Mizuki in his arms.

"Mizuki! We've missed you so much. Don't you dare scare us like that ever again!" Inuyasha said as his embrace tighten.

"Daddy....I don't feel....ok...." Mizuki coughed.

"It's ok. We'll take you to a hostipal. Kagome, Tomoko is heading home right now. Mizuki, everthing is going to be ok." Inuyasha told her as he stood up andheld Mizuki tightly.

Inuyasha then saw that blood was not only from her mouth but her ears. Kagome knew that was a sign of a consussion. Mizuki passed out on the way to the hostipal. Kagome and Inuyasha waited for hours....hoping that their daughter would be safe....and be as healthly as she could.......

************************************************************

"Mrs. Higurashi. I'm afraid to say that due to the blood loss, Mizuki has suffered from Amnesia. Don't worry, she already knows her family members like you and her grandmother." The doctor said the next day.

"She doesn't remember her friends?" Kagome asked as she looked through the window, towards Mizuki's sleeping body.

"No. I'm sorry." The doctor said.

"It's alright." Inuyasha said.

"Inuyasha! You can't be that cruel hearted!" Kagome shouted.

"Please, reframe from fighting. The child is still sleeping." The doctor warned.

"Ok. Inuyasha. You have to give your word not to fight with her once she wakes up. She has to remember what she did then we can punish her later." Kagome said firmly.

"Fine. Mizuki! She's waking up!" He said as he ran into Mizuki's hostipal room.

"Mommy...." Mizuki mumbled.

"Hi, Baby." Kagome smiled.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Inuyasha asked as he patted her head.

"I'm ok. Where's Grandma?" Mizuki asked.

"She's on her way and so is Sota." Kagome smiled.

"Ok." Mizuki smiled.

Just then, Tomoko and her family came in with flowers. Mizuki looked at her. Tomoko smiled and came close to the bed.

"Hi, Mizuki-chan. Are you feeling ok? I brought you some flowers." Tomoko smiled.

"Thank you.Excuse me, but who are you?" Mizuki asked and as she said those words, Tomoko dropped the flowers and began to cry.