- Text Size +

"Where is Mizuki!!?!?!" Kagome shouted as she paced back and forth.

"I don't know!! Inuyasha shouted back.

"Oh, where could she have gone?!!" Kagome cried.

"Don't cry. We'll fine her." Inuyasha said as he hugged Kagome.

It was early morning and Kagome and Inuyasha were in the lobby of the police station.

"Mrs. Higurashi? We haven't found anyone who has seen your child. We'll call you when we find any clues."  The chief said.

"Oh, Mizuki!! Where'd you go?!!" Kagome cried.

Just then, two adults ran into the station. They were crying. The woman shouted at the chief.

"Mrs, you need to calm down. What happened?" He asked.

"My daughter!! She's gone!!! I want my daughter back!!!" The woman shouted.

"What's your daughter's name?"

"Tomoko!! Where is my baby?!?!" She cried.

"Tomoko is gone too?" Kagome asked.

"You know my baby?!! Where is she?!!!" The woman cried as she shook Kagome around.

"Hey!! Don't shake my wife!!" Inuyasha shouted.

"Don't yell at my wife!!" The man shouted.

"Alright!!! That's enough!!! You both know each others kid." The chief said.

"That's right." Kagome said.

"Mizuki always talked about Tomoko after school." Inuyasha said.

"Mizuki? You mean that little shit that came to our house?" The man asked.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY KID?!?!?!!!!!" Inuyasha shouted as he grabbed the man's shirt.

"Calm down, Inuyasha!!" Kagome said.

"Stop!!! Where would our kids go?" The woman shouted.

"Mizuki always wanted to go to Kyoto." Kagome replied.

"Tomoko just wanted to go anywhere. She was always sick." Her mother said.

"Kyoto?! Why Kyoto?!" Her father shouted.

"Because her grandmother lives there now." Inuyasha answered.

"Wait, MY MOM!!! Maybe she's seen them!!!" Kagome shouted as she ran toward the nearest phone.

In Kyoto, Mizuki was carrying Tomoko on her back. Mizuki admitted she was getting tired. Tomoko saw a small shrine. They decided to rest there. After a few minutes, they heard a voice.

"Mizuki?" A woman's voice called.

"Grandma!!!" Mizuki shouted as she ran into her arms.

"Huh?" Tomoko asked.

"Tomoko-chan, this is my Grandma. Grandma, this is Tomoko-chan. She's my friend." Mizuki said.

"I see," Grandma Higurashi smiled.

"Grandma, I need a job." Mizuki said.

"A job? Is your parents with you?" Grandma Higurashi asked.

"No," Mizuki answered.

"Then, how did you get here?" She asked.

"We got here by a bus! He was very nice. Tomoko-chan is a sick kid. Can we stay?" Mizuki asked.

"We need to tell mommy and daddy where you are." She replied.

"No!! We ran away!!" Mizuki shouted.

"What? Why?" She asked.

"We aren't wanted. Tomoko-chan and I and living together as a family!!" Mizuki explained.

"You are indeed wanted!! Tomoko, your parents are worried about you!!" She shouted.

"No!! They don't want me!!" Tomoko shouted as she coughed up blood.

"Tomoko-chan!!" Mizuki shouted as she saw the blood.

"Oh, dear!! Let's go to a hostipal." Grandma Higurashi said.

"No!! We need money to go!! We don't have any money!!!" Mizuki shouted.

"It's alright! I'll pay!!" She replied.

"No!! Tomoko-chan forgot to take her pills. That's all." Mizuki said as she handed Tomoko a bottle of pills.

"I'm fine," Tomoko said.

"No, we're going to the hostipal. That's final!" She shouted.

"No!!! Tomoko-chan!! Get on!!!" Mizuki shouted.

"Ok," Tomoko said as she climbed onto Mizuki's back.

"Mizuki!!! Get back here!!!!!" Grandma Higurashi shouted as they disappeared into the crowds.

It was two hours before they stopped running. Mizuki had stopped at a tea shop. She noticed that they had a help wanted sign. She and Tomoko quickly walked in. The store wasn't busy. She saw the owner who was reading the newspaper and said;

"I'd like a job."

"I'd like a million yen, but one only one is going to happen. Which do you think it is?" The owner asked.

"Um, the million yen?" Mizuki and Tomoko said at the same time.

"Ha! I like you!! Alright! How old are you?" The owner asked.

"I'm 7 years old. How old are you, Tomoko-chan?" Mizuki asked.

"I'm 6 1/2, Higurashi-san." Tomoko replied.

"Funny, but really how old are ya?" The owner asked.

"I am 7 and she's 6 1/2." Mizuki answered.

"Ok! You are pissing me off!! How old are you??!!!" The owner yelled as the newspaper came down.

"Eek!!" They screamed.

"Oh, wow. You really are 7 and 6." The owner said as he looked at them.

"6 1/2!!" Tomoko shouted.

"Whatever!! Aren't you a little young to be asking for a job?" He asked.

"No," Mizuki said.

"Yes, you are. Where are your parents?" He asked.

"They are in Tokyo." Tomoko answered.

"Tokyo?" He asked.

"Yep! Can we please have a job?" Mizuki asked.

"No way!! I'd lose my shop!!" He shouted as he shooed them away.

"But, we came all this way...." Tomoko said.

"I don't care. Go home!" He answered.

"But," Tomoko cried.

"Huh?! Are you crying?!!" He shouted.

"I wanna work!!" Tomoko cried.

"Don't cry!! Stop it!!" The owner shouted.

"How dare you make a little girl cry!! You meanie!!!" Mizuki shouted as she began to cry herself.

"No!! Don't cry!!! Fine!!! Ypu can have a job in the back room making tea!!!" The owner shouted.

"Really?" They sniffled.

"Yeah!! Just no crying on the job!" The owner said.

"Thank you!!" They shouted as they ran into the back room.

The kicthen was a big mess. Mizuki looked at Tomoko and Tomoko did the same. Mizuki got to work. She started on the floor. She cleaned the floor by hand washing the floor. Tomoko's illnes was acting up and she couldn't do the labor. So she decieded to start making tea. Mizuki looked at Tomoko. Mizuki knew she was getting worst. She told Tomoko that it was all right and that she didn't have to push herself.

Tomoko and Mizuki worked the whole day. Tomoko, of course told the owner of her condition. Mizuki worked on cleaning and Tomoko worked on making tea. Tomoko and Mizuki got paid a very large sum of money. Mizuki and Tomoko thought they had done such a good job that they decieded to go find an apartment together that night. They found a motel and paid the landlady the money they had earned that day. The landlady thought she was going to lose her job like the bus driver until she received the large sum of money. Tomoko and Mizuki had ramen noodles that Tomoko had packed. It was instant noodles and they were a little stale. Mizuki thought if she worked harder she would earn a bigger pay. So she laid beside Tomoko and told her that she would earn the money in the family while Tomoko helped with the food and bills.

Tomoko was a little worried about Mizuki pushing herself too hard. Tomoko said that she would help as much as she could. Mizuki agreed and she fell into a deep sleep.

Chapter End Notes:
I'm sooo sorry it took me so long to mke the next chapter. Good reviews, ppl!!! :D