- Text Size +

Asayo was gardening in her backyard when she heard cries coming from her family's shrine. She thought she was just hearing things and ignored it for a minute. Then realized it wasn't going away. She decided to investigate. She stood up and slowly walked to the shrine, shoving the door open. The crying was coming from the bottom of the bone eaters well...

"Hello???" she yelled, very confused. It was no mistake, there was a baby in the bottom of the well. She climbed down the well quickly and picked him up when she reached the bottom.

"Where, did you come from???" she climbed back up the ladder and walked into her house, carrying the small child in her arms.

'This is too strange' she thought to herself, then called her father, he rushed over as soon as he could. The baby had stopped crying as soon as she picked him up from the bottom of that well. He was wrapped up in a very nice silk blanket with dragon designs on it.

"Father I don't know where he came from, I don't understand what's going on at all one minute I was gardening and the next I heard crying, I know nobody went in there!"

"Asayo I hoped this would never happen. That's the bone eaters well. He's not from this world."

"You're talking crazy. Not from this world? Haha. He is just a child."

"No he's not." Father picked the baby up and unwrapped the silk blanket. He slowly removed the necklace, trying not to wake up the child. "ASAYO!" he yelled as his eyes widened.

"Don't scream in his face?!" the baby started crying, Asayo snatched him away and began cuddling him.

"HE- HE-HE HAS DOG EARS!! I TOLD YOU HE WAS NOT OF THIS WORLD!" Father yelled. "He must be returned down the well, NOW!" he became angry.

Asayo rubbed his ears slowly. "Shhhhhh." she tried comforting the child. "I don't understand this but I see him as a gift from the Gods."

"A gift that must be returned!? He's a demon! In possession of the Shikon Jewel... if he isn't returned the whole world will be off balance."

"Now you are just over reacting. You know me and Aito can't conceive. We have been praying and praying for a child. If this is what the Gods are giving us, we will accept."

"Asayo life will never be right for him he's too different how will you hide those ears? How will he live in our time without judgement? It's not possible. I bet his parents are worried. We need to return him before something else crawls out that well."

"Hmm... a hat."

"What? That's all you have to say?"

"A hat will cover his ears. He's a baby we can mold him to fit in this world."

"This is just wrong. It will be so much harder-"

"THIS IS EVERYTHING I HAVE WISHED FOR, A FAMILY OF MY OWN. I'm going to accept him as my child and make sure the rest of the world will accept him too. Including my father." Asayo said angrily.

"I will always support you." Father smiled.