- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended!

Izayoi stopped trying to catch her breath. She stopped and turned to see Naraku, who was attacking the village catching up behind her. She kept running as fast as she could with her baby tightly in her arms, she had nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

Izayoi was soon up against a well staring this demon in the face. She quickly wrapped her necklace (with the Shikon Jewel attached) around her son and tossed him down the well. "Goodbye Inuyasha." and those were her last words.

The other priestess in the village had seen the whole thing from a distance. Confused, after the demon had left with Izayoi's body, she ran to the well.

Stared down, but just saw the bottom. No Inuyasha? When she returned to the village, Inu no Taisho was standing with the most devastated look.

"I should have never left. How could I let this happen? Naraku whiped out my family in just one swoop..."

"Inu no Taisho, please do not blame yourself for what has happened here today-"

"KAEDE I WILL AVENGE MY WIFE AND MY SON, IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO. Sesshomaru, stay with Kaede. I will return." and he left just like that.

"When will father return?" Sesshomaru stared up at Kaede.

 "I don't know. But I can promise you that he will."

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry the first chapter was so short -__-