- Text Size +

They reached the well in no time at all. Shippo was so exicited that he was jumping! Kagome was happy that Shippo gets to see her home. Shippo looked down into the Bone Eater's Well and stopped jumping. Kagome was puzzled at his actions.

"What's wrong, Shippo? Are you afraid?" Kagome asked sweetly.

" N-no! I'm an adult!! A-adults don't g-get scared at a old well like this!!" Shippo stammered.

"It's ok. Once we get to the other side, it'll be smooth sailing." Kagome said as she picked Shippo up into her arms.

"I'm not going to lose! I'm not going to lose!" Shippo chanted as they when down the well.

"Are we there? Are we there? Please, tell me that we're there!!!" Shippo screamed as they landed in the modren era.

"Yes! We're here." Kagome said as she climbed out with Shippo in her arms.

"Oh, good." Shippo sighed.

"Sis! Welcome home!!' Sota cried from a distance.

"AHH!! WHO'S THAT?!!?!!?" Shippo cried as he climbed onto Kagome's head.

"Shippo, calm down. It's just my little brother, Sota." Kagome explained as she pulled him off her head.

"Oh, no Inuyasha? Oh! Who's this?" Sota asked as he ran up in Kagome.

"Sota, this is my friend, Shippo." Kagome said with a smile.

"Oh! You're the fox demon! Can you really transform into different forms?" Sota asked as he eyes got wider.

"Yes, I can. All fox demons do." Shippo explainedas he studied Sota's form.

"Cool, come inside and show us!" Sota said as he walked oward the house.

"Us? There's more people?!!" Shippo asked.

"Yes, there is only two more people you have to meet. My mom and gramps." Kagome said as she walked toward the house with Shippo in her arms.

"O-ok! They shouldn't be too bad, right?" Shippo said as he tried to am himself.

"Kagome, dear! You're home! Oh, who's this?" Kagome's mom asked as Kagome and Shippo waked into the door.

"I'm Shippo. Nice to meet you!" Shippo said as he climbed down from Kagome's arms.

"Oh! You're the fox demon Kagome told us about!! You're cuter than I thought!!" Kagome's mom said as she picked up Shippo and started hugging him.

"AH! KAGOME!! I-I CA-AN'T B-BREATHE!!!!!!!!" Shippo yelled.

"Mom!! Let him go!!" Kagome said as she grapped Shippo from her mother. 

"I'm sorry. I kinda lose myself when I see something cute." Kagome's mom explained.

"It's ok! Just don't do that again!" Shippo panted out.

"Mom, can you fix dinner? I'm kinda hungry." Sota asked.

"Sure, sweetie." Kagome's mom said as she walked toward the kitchen.

Shippo's eyes was stuck on Kagome's mom and Sota actions. He watched them as if he were watching a movie. Kagome saw that Shippo was staring at them and thought

Why is he staring at them like that?

"Kagome!! You're back!!" Kagome's grandfather said as he came from upstairs.

"Kagome, Is that your gramps?" Shippo whispered.

"Yes." Kagome whispered back.

"Hiya! I'm Shippo! Nice to meet you!" Shippo said as he walked toward Kagome's grandfather.

"Demon!! Die!!" Kagome's grandfather yelled as he took out a sutra from his hakama.

"AHHH!! I'M A GOOD DEMON!!! I SWEAR!!" Shippo yelled.

"Gramps!! This is Shippo! My fox demon friend!!!" Kagome shouted.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said as he grinned and put away the sutra.

"Dad! Did you try to kill Shippo? I'm so sorry, honey." Kagome's mom said as she came from the kitchen.

"Thank you, Miss Higurashi." Shippo said as he smiled at her.

"You're welcome. Dad, you come in here with me and help me cook." Kagome's mom ordered.

"Alright." Gramps grumbled.

Shippo looked toward Kagome's mom and didn't take his eyes off of Kagome's mom.Kagome noticed him looking at her and wondered,

Why is he lookng at her like that? He doesn't do this in his era, so why here?

"Shippo? I'll show you around the house if you like?" Kagome said as she tapped Shippo on the shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, ok." Shippo said as if he were out of order.

"Are you ok, Shippo?" Kagome asked as she picked him up into her arms.

" Yeah. I'm fine. I'm just jealous of you and your brother." Shippo replied.

"Why?" Kagome asked.

"Because you have a mommy, and I lost mine to the Thunder Brothers." Shippo said as he buried his head into Kagome's chest.