- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow, it's been so long! Seeing as I've fallen completely out of the loop since I last wrote and posted, I used this chapter as foreshadowing and sorta like a gateway and more of a filler than anything else because the next chapter is too long to be clumped with this introduction to the next actions. Hopefully I can try to get back in the swing of things and start posting more than once every seven months!

 


      My head was still spinning at the new information swirling around in my mind.Hana couldn't decode the elder's cryptic hints, and I was sure that they didn't even know what they were saying. All the while, Hana expected me to know.
   
    "Head to the my home village, located in the west. No ordinary traveller would be able to locate it, but being a miko, you should have no problems. The pure light radiating from its borders is enough to guide you through the depths of its forests." I recalled her warning me.
       
    As my feet treaded gently back to the hut I wondered if I should get help, or simply leave of my own accord. On the other hand, I could also pretend the events themselves never occured, and continued on with my life. No, I had to help now, I had promised. I wouldn't break a promise so important.
   
    Frantic voices could be heard in the distance, sounding sort of like Sango and someone else. They sounded angry, and worried. Everyone was so worried, except me. It felt as though the second I could calm down, suddenly everyone else had something to be upset over.
   
    My name was being called I realized, but Sango wasn't speaking to me; she was talking about me. Something told me that my feelings weren't nearly as safe with her as I thought they were. The other voice I was hearing had to be Inuyasha, and there must be some argument over me happening.
   
    Though I felt above my cutting, a sadness washed over me, and took hold of my existance. Sometimes I felt like I caused problems, and I knew disappearing would only cause more, but I didn't know what else I could do. My slow, steady steps continued as I contemplated my next actions.
   
    "Look, I don't know where else to look for her. You can't track her scent, and nobody's seen her, which leads me to believe that your encounter with Kikyou is still bugging her!" Sango's fierce words clipped through the muddled conversation.
   
    "She told me she was over it, so whaddaya want me to do?" Inuyasha, though ignorant, sounded much more caring than he had in a long time. Despite the fact that his words sounded negligent, his voice told me a whole other emotion, another story.
   
    "Inuyasha, you can be so... So..." Her frustration was continuing to build.
   
    "Everyone, settle down. We'll find her soon enough" Miroku's calm demeanor hushed the two of them.
   
    The footsteps led off to where I couldn't hear them. I knew if I were to return now, there would be so much commotion, and clamor, that I just wasn't ready for. My mind was at peace for once, the thoughts were settled. Even my problems and pressing decisions were gentle on my thoughts today. Hana warned me about this, the magick lulling me into a deep and unending sleep.
   
    It couldn't happen, though. I have the powers to withstand curses and strong pain, there had to be a way to avoid this dreamy state I was stuck in. Looking around didn't help, it made me sleepier. Taking in all of the soft glow of buttery sunlight grazing my face, or the gentle rustle of nearby trees. I felt trapped in a dream world, but I had no strength to get away.
   
    Everyone's worries was all I could latch onto at this point to stop me from falling under a deep unconciousness. It took me this long to realize my feet weren't even on the ground, and that I was gazing up at the sky in an awkward position on my back. The sky seemed to spin slowly, as though I was a child twirling as fast as my clumsy legs would allow, and watching the sky whirl around me. Everything complimented my peace perfectly, and I knew there was no way I would stay awake for much longer.
   
    In the distance, there were voices. Faint voices, but they were there. It seemed as they were talking to me, but I couldn't understand them, and they didn't realize who I was. I felt a wall between my mind and awareness, and my senses. Their connections were cut, and nothing from that moment appeared coherent.
   
    Although I felt like I was floating out of my own body, and couldn't destinguish the difference between a dream and life, I was sure this was the longest I had managed to stay awake after this spell. Hana had said something about tolerance, and slipped something into my grip before leaving. Quite hopelessly, I tried to move my fingers and peek at what I held clenched tightly in my hand.
   
    Now that there was a purpose for me to stay awake, my body was beginning to rejuvinate. My energy was returning the colour to my eyes, and the blood to my limbs. After a few moments my fingers began to twitch, and I caught sight of what was held in my right hand. Peering down at my pale, smooth skin, I noticed a darker contrast of brown. An herb, I realized. Yes, I remembered now.
   
    "Boil this in hot water," I remember being instructed, "It's a kind of root, found all over this area. They're called 'Velerian Roots,' and they're supposed to make you drowsy," Hana smiled at my confusion knowingly, "We used this at our village to build tolerance to this sort of sorecery and control, you'd be wise to brew this into a tea and take it once a day and try your hardest not to fall asleep."
       
    How could one teenager be so certain of herself, if she didn't even know what it was I was fixing, or who I was stopping, or why this was happening. Honestly, I felt so lost and helpless. Without my friends, I was pretty much that, and it was futile to do anything more. But, if I were to ask, I would be shot down. Inuyasha wouldn't stop to do any more "good deeds," as he called them, and would be determined to find the shards of the Shikon No Tama. I was certain, now, that this was up to me. His worry would have to wait a little longer, and his precious shards would need to wait until I could return.
   
    Regardless of the fact that I wasn't sure who to trust if I were to tell anyone anything from this point. Usually I'm so honest, and open, but I haven't been feeling like myself these days, and I'm afraid to hide even though it's necessary. I felt that I could no longer trust Inuyasha anymore, notwithstanding the fact that his situation was explained well enough for me to believe him. I said I was okay, but the wound witnessing their kiss left in my heart is still there, and tender. I needed to do this on my own. I needed to fix myself of this dark, and broken person I have become.
   
    The voices continued just as I thought they were going quiet. To me, in my returning drowsy state, it sounded like whispers, but I knew it couldn't have been. Someone, or maybe two someones, was screaming but my eardrums sounded like they had shattered, and no longer picked up the noises that would otherwise be easily detectible.
   
    Arms circled my shoulders, disrupting my crumpled position, and lifted me from the delicate spring grass beneth my body. "Kagome, there you are!" I heard in a chorus of voices as a face was very close to my own.
   
    For the life of me, I couldn't recognize them. My mind was going blanker than it had earlier. Who was I, by now? Was I still Kagome, or had my soul left behind the residue of my body on the Earth? Was this a dream? I wanted answers, needed them, but could barely stand to keepy my heavy eyelids open.
   
    "Kagome, are you okay?" The worry in their voice sounded so farmilliar, so troublesome. "Sango, she reeks of flowers." That's right, Sango. She held all my secrets close to her heart, and helped me recover. Sango, what can I possibly do to help these poor deceased Elders?
   
    "Of course, the field!" Another voice, I assumed Sango's, interjected, "The field always made me unbearably tired while I was there. I always thought that whenever I was upset enough to escape there, I had worn myself out by the time I was calm and would fall asleep. I would wake up soon after Kirara removed me from the field, but there's something wrong with those flowers."
   
    There was something wrong with what Sango was putting together, but I couldn't figure out what it was for the life of me. It made my heart pick up and my blood rush from my face, but I didn't know what was so wrong about having Sango know about the field. At this moment in time, I wasn't sure if my eyes were staying wide and straight ahead, or rolled back into my skull.
   
    "What could a buncha' flowers do to make someone unconcious? And if she made it this far. she should wake up soon, except every time she's comr back from this field, she's out for hours on end."
   
    "I don't know, but we need to get her back to Kaede and to sleep. She barely even looks alive." Sango was right about that, I felt dead already.
   
    The other person with her lifted me all the way from the ground and my vision spun for a few seconds before turning black. All I was aware of now was the bonce in the person's footsteps, and the sound of the grass ruffling beneath their feet. And that's all I could manage to propel me to live.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.