- Text Size +
Story Notes:

The song is Sk8ter Boy by Avril Lavigne. Everyone is either human, demon or hanyou just like in the manga. Can you guess by the end who is singing the song?

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

~*~*~

He was a boy
She was a girl
Can I make it any more obvious


Inuyasha was your typical skater boy. Totally into hardcore skateboarding and rocking out on his guitar with his friends. Inuyasha had an older brother, Sesshoumaru, who happened to own the hottest club in town. Luckily, they were good enough to get to play there when the scheduled band couldn’t make it. He was never really into school or anything the place had to offer, except for her.

Kikyo was your typical rich girl. Into the high life of society and partying with the stars, while somehow maintaining perfect grades at school. She was a regular at Sesshoumaru’s club and was almost always in the crowd on the nights that Inuyasha’s group played. She never missed a day of school, yet deep down she wished she could be more like, him.

He was a punk
She did ballet
What more can I say?


Needless to say, their circles didn’t have anything to do with each other. One day they bumped into each other in the hall, and while everyone expected them to yell at each other they only stood there and stared. Honestly, they couldn’t come up with anything to say to each other so they hurried and gathered their things and made their way to class. Later on in the day, Inuyasha discovered that he had one of Kikyo’s books and realized this was his chance to talk to her.

At the end of the day, Inuyasha waited for Kikyo to leave the school and followed her over to her car. To his surprise, she struck up a conversation with him and they found out they got along really well. They exchanged numbers and called each other later that evening to talk some more.

He wanted her
She'd never tell
Secretly she wanted him as well
But all of her friends
Stuck up their nose
And they had a problem
With his baggy clothes


Secretly they met for a while, until one day Kikyo’s friends saw them out together, but Inuyasha and Kikyo never noticed them. They jumped her later on about it and told her if she didn’t discontinue whatever relationship they had, that her popularity would disappear along with everything else she had going for her.

He was a skater boy
She said, "See you later boy"
He wasn't good enough for her
She had a pretty face
But her head was up in space
She needed to come back
Down to Earth


She sent him a text telling him it was over and to never speak to her again. Needless to say, he was shocked and heartbroken, but could never get a chance to speak to her about what went wrong. That was something her ‘friends’ made sure of. From then on, they rarely spared each other a passing glance in the halls.

They graduated from school and went their separate ways. Kikyo went to a top college for a couple years and while she was there, met Naraku who was of blue blood status and swept her off her feet. They were married by the end of her second year and Naraku decided Kikyo didn’t need to go to school anymore. Before their first anniversary, they were constantly fighting and finally after Kikyo discovered Naraku was having an affair with his father’s secretary, left. With nothing to fall back on, Kikyo went back home to live with her parents till she could get things together.

5 years from now
She sits at home
Feeding the baby
She's all alone
She turns on T.V.
Guess who she sees
Skater Boy rockin' up MTV


Inuyasha however, hadn’t went to college as he had barely made the grades to graduate. After a skating accident he wasn’t able to compete anymore. Which, was a tough realization, but it opened the door for him to concentrate on his music. He decided to take his brother up on his offer to become the manager of his band. With some hard work and late nights they finally got their break. Within a year, they had started their first tour.

She calls up her friends
They already know
And they've all got
Tickets to see his show
She tags along
Stands in the crowd
Looks up at the man
That she turned down


There on stage was Inuyasha slammin’ on his guitar. He radiated confidence and his music really spoke to the crowd. Then a crazy beautiful rocker chick came out on stage and continued to sing the rest of their song.

He was a skater boy
She said, "See you later boy"
He wasn't good enough for her
Now he's a super star
Slamming on his guitar
Does your pretty face
See what he's worth?


Kikyo could have sworn that the girl singing kept looking at her, but passed it off as paranoia on her part. Then before the girl started the next verse, Kikyo could have sworn that she pointed right at her.

Sorry girl but you missed out
Well tough luck that boy's mine now
We are more than just good friends
This is how the story ends


Too bad that you couldn't see
See the man that boy could be
There is more than meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside


He's just a boy
And I'm just a girl
Can I make it any more obvious?
We are in love
Haven't you heard?
How we rock each others world?

Kikyo watched as the mystery girl walked over and pulled Inuyasha into a breath-taking, passion-filled kiss and then whispered something in Inuyasha‘s ear, smiling as she walked away. The crowd cheered as the girl waved and left the stage. As she walked away they could all still hear her voice singing the final lyrics of the song.

I'm with the skater boy
I said, "See you later boy"
I'll be back stage after the show
I'll be at our studio
Singing the song he wrote
About a girl he used to know

Chapter End Notes:

So if you haven’t guessed the rocker chick is Kagome. Thanks for reading. Please review!!!

ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: April 21, 2011

WORDS: 1010