- Text Size +

One Night

I do not own InuYasha. Post Manga.

Sango watched as Miroku sang their daughters to sleep. She smiled a sweet smile. She stood their, in the doorway leading to the twins' room, just watching and smiling. She loved to see Miroku being so sweet. She only stopped watching when she heard a cry coming from her infant son's room.

Sango turned her head to face the sound, and then she walked towards it. When she reached her wailing son, Sango picked him up and began to rock him. After a moment, as she calmed the tiny baby boy, she heard light footsteps behind her. Sango looked over her shoulder to see Miroku coming towards her with the same sweet smile she wore only moments ago. When Miroku reached her, he put his arms around her waist and hugged her. The infant in Sango's arms quieted, so she put him back down so he could sleep.

"Are the girls asleep?" Sango asked her husband.

"Yes," he replied, hugging his wife again, but tighter.

"Good; now let's go and let Hideki sleep too."

Miroku let go of Sango. Sango and Miroku turned to face the door to the tiny room, then they both left Hideki's room, Miroku with his hand around Sango' s waist. When the couple reached the center of the main room to their hut, they pecked a kiss on each other's lips.

"I love you, you know," Miroku said, looking lovingly into Sango's eyes.

"I know," she replied, hugging him tightly.

After a moment, still in the hug, Miroku said, "Sango?"

"Yes?" she replied, looking up at him, still with her arms around him.

"I have to perform an exorcism tomorrow."

"Okay. So? InuYasha will be helping you, right?"

"No, Kagome is ill, and he wants to stay with her."

"Well, it is a small demon, right?"

"No, this will be dangerous." A few tears escaped Sango's eyes, and they broke their hug. "Don't cry, Sango. I'm sure I can handle it; I just thought I should be honest with you."

"I'm coming too," Sango decided. "We will have Kaede watch the kids."

Miroku sighed and said, "Fine."