- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay, here's chapter 4, I hope you enjoy the it!!!

I don't own Inuyasha.

WORDS:

Kasaiyaiba: Fire Sword

Hani: Honey

The sound of sparing could be heard as they reached the monk Mushin's temple, they climbed the tall stair case that led to a large clearing of tall grass, the temple itself was a very large, plain building with many rooms and living quarters, which was surpring since the temple held only one person. . .

"Hey guys, Naoki and I have been waiting for you."

Called a tall dark haired boy as he walked toward them, his hair was short and neaty kept in a small pony tail, his eyes were a chocolate brown and his outfit was that of a demon slayer.

Beside himwas a young girl with the same dark hair, (which she kept in two pig tails on either side of her head) and eyes, her outfit was pink and black the colors of a female demon slayer.

"Sorry we took longer then planned, we were stopped by Uncle leaving Mayu's house." Said Midori as Naoki grabbed her and her brother's bags.

"Okay, we're ready." Said Naoki.

"Come on, Toshu!" She called to her brother.

"Hold on! We can't leave without our weapons." Said Toshu.

Naoki scoffed.

"Why? It's not like we live in war zone, I mean when was the last time you saw a really dangerous demon on this side of Japan?!"

"All the same we should be on our guard." Said Mayu gripping the handle of her sword.

"Fine, but I don't see why, Midori will just Kill them all with her sword."

"The Kasaiyaiba is a very powerful sword. . ." Said Kimi quietly as they walked.

"It's even more powerful then Tensusaiga!" Said Toshu.

"Come on guys, It's not that strong." Protested Midori as she glanced at the sword on her belt."

"Sure It's more powerful, your father said so himself." Said Toshu.

Midori stared at the long shadows being cast by the after noon sun.

(Father always says that their is something special about me, something special that he could never place. . . I have already surpassed my father and grand father, and I havn't even faught any very powerful demons. . .)

"Hey guys! Took you long enough!"

Midori was thrown from her thoughts as she heard the femiliar voice of Kenji.

"Hey scrawny wolf, How's the family?" asked Midori in amused tone.

"Fine, and don't call me scrawny!" he yelled.

Midori couldn't help but giggle at his antics, even though he knew she was just jokeing he acted completly serious about it.

 Kenji stood about 3 inches taller than Midori, his long black hair was pinned back in a high poney tail, much like his father he wore wolf skins and armor, but unlike the other members of his tribe Kenji wore black wolf skins instend of brown, he looked almost exactly like his father except for his bright green eyes that he inherited from his mother.

By this time they had walked their way back to the bone eater's well, Midori's siblings had left the clearing, leaving only her parents who were laying on a picnic blanket relaxing near the well.

"Are to!" Yelled Midori.

"Are not!" Yelled Kenji back.

"What ever you say scrawny wolf" Said Midori in return, which caused someone from behind her to chucle, (Which sounded an awful lot like her father) but she ignored it.

"Alrright then, if i'm scrawny, then your a puppy." Said Kenji.

"A PUPPY!" yelled Midori as she gave her father a hard look as he was still chuckling (to himself)

" I am NO ONES puppy!"

(Your MY puppy) thought Inuyasha, but decided against saying so out loud, instead he settled for chuckeling more loudly.

"Calm down Midori, don't get your canine's up in a snarl, tell you what, I'll fergive you. . . If you become my woman. . ." Said Kenji as he grabbed Midori's hands and started to gently rub them.

"How many times do I have to tell people! No! Plain and simple!" She yelled only to hear her father who was now laughing on the ground.

"Dad!" Midori complined.

"Sorry Midori. . . It's just. . . That look on your face!" Her father stated as he continued to laugh.

Midori inwardly sighed, this wasn't her day.

"Alright, alright, are we ready to go?" She asked, after being so angry all Midori wanted to do was sit down, relax, and drink a vanilla shake at  Hani's Milk Shake Shop in the moderen era.

"Hey what's that?"

"What?" Asked Midori as looked where Naoki was pointing.

A silver streak raced across the sky almost as if it were a shooting star, Midori watched carefully, trying todecipher what it was, until  everyone heard a loud, earth shatering (BOOOOM!)

"What was that!?" aSKED mAYU.

"Don't know but we better find out" Said Inuyasha as he came up behind them.

"Hey Mayu, you can fly why don't you see if you find out what it is from above?" Asked Naoki.

"Umm . . . Are we sure that's a good idea?" Asked Mayu nervously.

"You'll be fine, after all we're coming with you, and you might be able to see better from above." Said Midori.

"Alright, if you say so. . ."

Mayu created her demonic cloud and slowly made her way into the sky, Midori, Inuyasha, and gang right behind her below.

About a mile away, near the outskirts of Edo was a large, 15 foot crater in the ground. Mayu slowly began to descend as the others arrived.

"Damn. . . What a hole. . ." Said Naoki

"Can you imagine the Speed that object must of hit to make such a crater?" Asked Midori

Mayu landed a few feet from the hole, walking up she looked down to what could have possibly hit the ground at such a speed. . .

"Oh by the Kami!" T?he others heard her sream.

Mayu backed away, covering her face as tears began to spill.

"What's wrong?!" Midori asked as she ran up to her cousin, looking down she saw what had brought Mayu to tears.

"Dad!" She yelled.

"Dad, it's. . . It's Uncle. . ."

"What?!" Yelled Inuyasha

He jumped into the hole and carefully picked up his brother, Midori and Toshu helped carry him out of the hole as Mayu was still too shocked and upset to do much, gently they placed him on the forest floor, his kimono was ripped and torn, his body was covered burns, scratches and large wounds, the worst of them was a large gash, going all the way across his stomach.

"Father's going to be Okay isn't he?. . . Tell me he's going to be Okay!" Yelled Mayu.

"He's weak. . ." Was all Inuyasha said, but in his mind his thoughts were going frantic.

(Have to get back to Edo, we can take better care of him there. . .)

"Naoki!" Called Inuyasha.

"Yes?"

"Run ahead and tell Kagome what's going on, she'll need time to prepair for him."

"Alright!" She said, quickly turning and making her way though the trees.

"Kimi, you and Kenji should go with her, there're going to need all the help they can get."

Kimi nodded as she and Kenji  followed.

"Toshu help me carry him, we'll need to keed him as still as possible."

"Alright." Said Toshu

"What about me?" Asked Midori, hating feeling useless

"I need you to comfort Mayu and help her get back to Edo" Said Inuyasha as he began to lift Sesshomaru from his place on the grass.

Midori mentally slapped herself, how could she foget about Mayu? who was crying into the grass, she knew how emotional her cousin is, she should have been looking out for her.

"Alright." Said Midori walking over to her cousin "It's okay, it's okay, my mom will see to him, uncle will be okay. . ." Said Midori over and over again as she led Mayu toward Edo, letting her lay her head on her shoulder.

Midori looked up into the cloud covered sky, becoming more and more dark and gloomy by the minute. Midori inwardly sighed this really just wasn't her day. . .

Chapter End Notes:
R&R Please!!!