- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay... this took way longer than I hoped, but I hope you enjoy the new chapter!!!

I do not own Inuyasha

Midori and Mayu walked through the forest of the Rosutokon, the largest and most uninhabited forest in the eastern plains of the western lands. The forest held no animals of any kind, not even the distant sound of birds chirping could be heard.

"I hope she's here. . ." Said Mayu

"She's always here." Said Midori.

Their friend Kimi lived in the forest Rosutokon, just as her mother Kikyo had before her, Kikyo had died when Kimi was eight years old, leaving the responsibility as protecter of the forest to her daughter.

"You hear that?" Asked Mayu

A strange mysterious sound reached their ears, a sound like a smooth, low flute echoed thruogh the forest it lingered almost as if it was calling them.

"yeah, the sound will lead us to her"

Said Midori as she continued to lead the way deeper into the forest, the sound leading them deeper in.

"I don't know how you talked me into coming with you. . ." Said Mayu, unable to trust the sound they followed.

"Relax Mayu, thats Kimi calling us from where she is in the forest, their's nothing to worry about. . . besides, Kimi always visits you at the castle, it's about time you visit her." Replied Midori.

"We're almost there anyway, she's at the edge of the forest."

"Couldn't we have just walked around then?" Mayu asked only to be glared at by her cousin.

She sighed, how Mayu wished she was brave like father, or at least be confident like her mother. . .

(Mother. . .)

"She's up ahead!" Called Midori, brining Mayu from from her thoughts.

"Coming!" She returned as she caught up with her cousin.

They walked down a small hill which brought them to a pool at the edge fo the forest, the pool was as clear as glass, it's bottom shone with bright blue and turqoise stones that sparkled in the dim light from the tree tops, glideing over the pool were long, white, servent-like creatures, there glowing bodies causing the stones in the pool below to twinkle and shine.

To the left side of the pool stood a young woman, here long raven hair was pulled back in the traditional style of a miko, she knelt down beside the pool, a grey glowing soul in small hands, carefully she dipped the soul into the pure water, her chocolate eyes stairing down into the pool, a swirling white light came from  the bottom, shooting up and bathing the clearing in it's glow,  a moment later the grey  soul's light changed to bright white and finally it disappered.

Standing up from the pool, Kimi rolled down her sleeves, quickly dusting herself off to reveal the small white feathers that covered her black kimono, finally slipping on her sandles, she turned and walked toward her friends.

"Hey Kimi, you ready?" Asked Midori as Kimi walked toward them.

"As ready as i'll ever be! Let  me get my bag."

While Kimi gathered her things, Midori scanned the area, sensing the strange, yet familiar aura.

"Hey Kimi, I think some of your friends are home." Called out Midori as the creatures broke through the tree line, flying gracefully toward their mistress.

"Did you find anything?"

Kimi asked the silent messenger as it landed on her wrist, the others circling around hey body.

Although Midori and Mayu heard no words come from the eel like being, it was obvious that it was speaking to her somehow, as Kimi replied to it's stair.

"Very well then, since things are calm here I will be off, please hand me my bag?"

The creature made a strange, unearthly sound as it went to retrive the item she had asked for.

"The soul collectors have nothing to report." Said Kimi

Midori placed her hands in her sleeves.

"Good, seems the numbers of troubled souls has thined since you started."

Kimi smiled, and calmly placed her palm up right as the soul collector placed the strap of her white gym bag her hand.

"Alright, if everyone's ready?"

"Ready." Said Kimi hoisting the bag onto her shoulder.

"So am I." Said Mayu

"Alright then, lets go!"

Chapter End Notes:

Rosutokon: Lostsoul

Whew. . . It's in at last!!! Sorry for the long wait. I'll try to update sooner in the feature.

Please R&R!