- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please read and review!
 

Chapter 12

 

Aftershock

 

ChoChola entered the well, and found herself back on the other side. Shogala asked, "How'd it go?" "I got the information, from Sesshomaru, in our language," ChoChola said. "Great! Then..." Shogala started to say. ChoChola interupted her cousin, and said, "Before we can do anything, first you need to break a barrier in the Fuedal Era; if you don't, none of us will be born, because our ancesters will be desroyed." "You're sure?" Shogala asked. "Yes, that's what my father's spirit told me at the tree," ChoChola said, "And the barrier is getting stronger." "Understood, let's go," Shogala said. Shogala jumped in the well, and ChoChola followed.

While the two of them went through the well, and into the Fuedal Era, Yasha was watching a bird, which was joined by a flock of birds, heading south. "HEY, ARE YOU LISTENING?" Kouga yelled. Yasha just continued to watch the birds. After a few minutes, Kouga looked up, and more than a million birds, that were in the trees, left in the same direction, which the others fled. "That barrier must be coming near, right?" Yasha asked. "Yes, it is," Kagome said. "Thought so! When birds start leaving, it's a sure sign, that something bad is coming," Yasha said. Suddenly, Kouga looked behind him, and saw a white, fat, long string float by; he crackled his knuckles, and clawed the string. The string somehow disappeared, and Shippo asked, "Kouga?" "Quiet!" Kouga said. "You sense it too?" Ayame asked. "Yeah, but I can't see it," Kouga said. "Hey, show yourself," Inuyasha said, "We know you're there!" A paper-thin demon appeared, and then blew up to a balloon like creature. "What are you doing here?" Inuyasha asked. "We told you to stay away from humans," Kagome said. "I know, but there's this barrier that's aroused. My guess is, it's the aftershock of the demon that was destroyed in this village," the demon said. "Demon?" Inuyasha asked. "Yes, now that he's dead, his old barrier exploded, in an aftershock years later," the demon said, "The only time that happens, is when extremly evil demon is killed." "Did we miss anything?" ChoChola asked. "Yeah, uh... Huh?!" Inuyasha said, looking straight at Shogala.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.

I give credit to the creators of National Treasure 2 for the idea.