- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 10

 

Fargo

 

Thirty minutes later, ChoChola was still crossing a large forest. "Great, the portal is gone," ChoChola said, "I guess that means I'm taking the long way back, to the village." Suddenly, a silver horse came into view in the sky, above the trees, which had golden wings. ChoChola sensed the presence, and quickly found her way out of the forest. Once she got out of the forest, the horse landed. "Yasha, what are you doing here?" ChoChola asked. "My father asked me to take you to the village," Yasha said, getting off the horse, "He said, that the portal would close, after you went to Jinenji." "Oh, well then, let's go to the village," ChoChola said. "Alright, hop on," Yasha said.

Not long after ChoChola, Yasha and Fargo took off, they arrived at the village; Ayame had arrived, and was talking with Kouga. "You're telling me, that none of you can break it?" Kouga asked. "No, and I was hoping that you or someone here could," Ayame said. "It's growing," Kagome said. "Huh? You sure?" Kouga asked. "Yes, it's heading straight for us," Kagome said.

Fargo dropped down, and ChoChola asked, "Okay, what are you all talking about?" ChoChola then got off of Fargo, and walked over. "There's some kind of demon barrier, which is causing trouble, and even the wolves are having trouble getting rid of it," Kagome said. "Hmmm... I wonder if maybe Shogala is the only one, who can break it," ChoChola asked, thinking outloud. "What do you mean?" Kouga asked. "Just something that... that my father once said," ChoChola said, half-way trailing off. ChoChola turned her head away from the group. "What..." Inuyasha started to ask. ChoChola noticed that Kagome nudged him, and walked away. "You haven't asked her anything about her family, have you?" Yasha asked, once ChoChola was out of hearing range. "This is our first meeting," Kagome said. "Did something happen?" Inuyasha asked, finally catching on. "She witnessed the death of her parents and older sister, when she was ten. Something like what she wittnessed should never be wittnessed by anyone, especially when you are a child. It was thanks to Crynil, the demon slayer, that she survived; if thieves had not broken in that night, she would still be with her immediate family," Yasha said. "So, did you wittness the slaughter?" Shippo asked. "No, and I have never been allowed near the area. My Uncle took her in, and she's my aunt," Yasha said. "So, what exactly happened?" Kouga asked. "I think I have a pretty good idea," Inuyasha said.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own any Inuyasha characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.

I give credit to the creators of National Treasure 2 for the idea.