- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The main characters are actually the desendants, but some of these are also playing a important part.  Takes place after the manga ends. Please read and Review!
 

Chapter 1

The Mystery Code

 

Crack! As a 2 by 4, that was split down the middle broke, the 23 year old that broke it stood up. “So, master, what is next?” the girl asked. The girl had a long black ponytail, with gold eyes, and was wearing a black uniform, with a brown Karate belt. The master had on a white uniform, with a black Karate belt, and had short, red hair. “ChoChola, before you move on, I must tell you that your grandfather just might be one of the one's that signed on with the leader of the killers of the demon slayers,” ChoChola's master said.

“Where did you hear that?” ChoChola asked. “The diary of Sorkulo,” the master said, “Shogala is going to announce it tomorrow.” “Listen, if anyone wrote something in my family, it would be my grandmother,” ChoChola said. “It's not that simple. Your family won't be the only one targeted,” the master said. “Who else?” ChoChola asked, with her voice rising, “Who else is targeted?” “It mentions three other demons: a fox, a wolf, and a full-fledged dog,” the master said.

“I'd like to see this page,” ChoChola said. “Huh!?” the master said. “Something smells fishy about that,” ChoChola said. “Very well, I shall provide an appointment, but if your grandfather did kill the slayers, along with the others, you will all be slain; that is what awaits you all,” the master said. “Crynil is one of the surviving slayers,” ChoChola said, “I must find a way to clear all our names.” “Then you understand?” the master asked. “Yes,” ChoChola said.

Meanwhile, at a track meet, a boy with a long red ponytail, in a track outfit, was being told the same thing. “So, I see, well I'm not going to be killed, I'm going to find out who the real killer was, because it isn't something my great-grandfather would do,” the boy said. “Koula, how do you know? You never met him,” a ten year old girl asked. “It's what I know about my great-grandfather; three days before my grandfather died; Grampa told me the story, about Kouga,” Koula said, “Grampa told my father to write down the story, as he had also been requested to by his father. He also said, that the one that is responsible, is in a code. I never could figure it out, but I've got to now.” “So, what's the code?” the child asked. “My grandfather said, “the code is, “Never at rat's ankle kick you,” Koula said, “He also said, “The last part is a sound.” “I see,” the child said, “Well, Koula, listen, clear your name. I don't want to watch you get killed.” Koula nodded, and they parted.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own any Inuyasha characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.  I give credit to the creaters of National Treasure II for the idea.