- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ok!! As promised, here's the next chapter!!

When Sesshomaru finally returned, it was already sundown.

He walked further into the forest until he could see the form of a little girl rushing towards him. 

“Lord Sesshomaru!! You’re back so soon!!” came Rin’s voice.

Sesshomaru looked down at her cheerful face and simply nodded in approval. 

“As expected of the Great Lord Sesshomaru,” Jaken said matter-of-factly as he came through the bushes.

 Kagura followed closely behind. “Well, it’s about time,” she said in a bored tone, “So Sesshomaru, I assume you were unable to find it?” 

Knowing what Kagura was referring to, he simply replied, “The man’s scent has vanished.”

 “I see,” Kagura said.

 ‘So that damned bastard got away,’ she thought to herself. 

Rin’s stomach suddenly growled.  

Everyone looked at her causing her to blush in embarrassment.

 It had been morning since they had last eaten.   

Sesshomaru assessed the situation the same way he always had.

 “Rin.” Sesshomaru said, waiting for an answer.

  “Yes?” came the soft reply. 

“If you are hungry, then you must fend for yourself,” he said.

 “Okay!” Rin exclaimed happily.  

She ran towards the trees and disappeared through the bushes.

 A few seconds later, she appeared with a large pineapple in her arms.

 She ran over to where Kagura was standing and presented the pineapple to her.

 Kagura held a very surprised look on her face.

 “Here! I found this fruit for you this morning. Ah-Un carried it here!!” Rin exclaimed.  

Then, upon seeing Kagura’s surprised expression, she looked down shyly at her feet.

  “I just thought you might be hungry considering all that you’ve been through,” she added, barely above a whisper. 

Kagura kneeled down and smiled.

She slowly raised Rin’s chin so that Rin’s eyes would level with hers.

 “Thanks, Rin. That was so thoughtful of you to think of me. I will take it,” Kagura said.  

With that, Rin’s face lit up almost instantly.

 “You like it??!!” she beamed.

 Kagura nodded slightly in response and took the fruit.

 ‘I can see why Sesshomaru can never stay mad at this kid. She’s just too sweet and innocent.’ she thought.  

She looked over in Sesshomaru’s direction only to find that he was watching her as well.  

“What’s the matter, Sesshomaru? Did you finally decide that you can’t keep your eyes off me?” Kagura commented with a smirk. 

“Hmph! Don’t be ridiculous,” he replied.  

He turned away.

But Kagura knew better.  

There was definitely some tension going on just then and she was loving every moment of it.

 Jaken was furious.

 He had enough of Kagura’s little comments towards his master.  

He was also aware that his master was starting to take a liking to her.  

Jaken decided to end things now before they went any further.

 “Hmph! That woman has not an ounce of respect! Must she always address the master as such??”he complained. 

“Jaken,” Sesshomaru warned.  

Jaken sighed. “Yes, mi’lord. I shall stop speaking,” he said.

 Rin’s stomach growled even louder this time, refusing to be ignored.

 Kagura looked at Rin.

 “Um…maybe I should share this fruit with you,” Kagura suggested. 

Rin looked to Sesshomaru for an answer.  

Understanding her actions, Sesshomaru answered her by shaking his head.  

He needed time to discuss something urgent with Kagura alone. 

Having got her answer, Rin replied to Kagura by saying, “No thanks. It’s your fruit. I want to find some on my own now.”  

Kagura shrugged her shoulders and said, “Suit yourself then.” 

The forest fell silent for a moment, but was soon broken by Sesshomaru’s voice.  

“Jaken,” Sesshomaru said.  

Jaken looked at Sesshomaru.

“Yes, mi’lord?”he answered.

 “Accompany Rin while she searches for some food,” Sesshomaru said.

 Jaken quickly obeyed. 

“Yes mi’lord!!” he replied. 

 Jaken, Rin, and Ah-Un disappeared into the forest leaving Kagura and Sesshomaru alone.  

Knowing that Sesshomaru probably meant business by having the two alone together, she asked, “What’s up, Sesshomaru? What do you want with me?” 

Sesshomaru walked over towards Kagura and untied a reddish-looking cloth from his belt.  

When he unfolded the cloth, Kagura could see that the “cloth” was actually a red kimono with tiny golden stars embroidered all over it.

 She had to admit, that kimono was a lot prettier than the one she was wearing. 

“Here. When you clean yourself off, put this kimono on. It is not necessary for you to continue in your condition,” he said. 

For the first time, Kagura was speechless with him.

 “Sesshomaru, what’s this all about? I-I don’t know what to say,” she said. 

“Then don’t,” Sesshomaru said, “Keep silent and listen.” 

Kagura crossed her arms and waited for a reasonable explanation. 

“A little while ago, Rin was attacked by wolves, but the tenseiga was able to revive her. She was wounded similar to you so I had to provide her with a kimono that would sustain her for the rest of our journey. My mother owns several of these kimonos in her castle so it was not difficult to retrieve one.” 

“So what you’re saying is that the reason you were gone so long is because you were looking for a kimono for me to wear at your mother’s house?”Kagura asked, trying not to laugh.

 She couldn’t imagine him ever going shopping. 

Sesshomaru glared at Kagura.

 He knew what she was implying. 

 “Did you intend to walk around in rags?” he asked.  

Kagura returned the glare.

“Fine, then. I’ll take the kimono. I needed a new one anyway,” she said as she snatched the kimono from his hands. 

As Kagura was walking away, Sesshomaru caught up with her using his super-speed.  

“What?!!”Kagura yelled. 

“We’re not done here yet,” he said. 

“Sesshomaru, I’m not in the mood to stand here and listen to you ramble,” she said, leveling him with a glare.   

He ignored her.

“Do not expect me to waste my time protecting you. You are only slowing me down,” he said blatantly.

 “Hmph! Did I say I wanted to be your damsel in distress? I don’t need anyone’s help!” she snapped. 

“Then it’s agreed,” Sesshomaru stated, “It’s better for you to travel on your own accords.” 

“What?? I didn’t agree to that!” she fumed. 

“And I didn’t agree to you staying,” he responded. 

“Sesshomaru.You let a child and an imp follow you so why the hell can’t I stay?” Kagura said. 

“You just said that you don’t need any assistance. Therefore, I see no reason for an alliance,” Sesshomaru explained.

 “Well, if me staying here is such a problem for you, why did you save me, not once, but twice?” Kagura countered, “If you had never saved me, we wouldn’t have had this problem, now would we?” 

“Kagura. Are you saying that those times you came to me to ask for my assistance, you really wanted to die?”Sesshomaru asked, knowing the answer.  

“You know that’s not the case and I’m sick of you avoiding my answers!! If you care about me, just say it! I don’t mind!” Kagura said, curious to hear his response. 

Silence filled the air.

 The wind was heard blowing softly through the trees. 

For a second, Kagura thought that Sesshomaru wasn’t going to answer.  

He sighed.

“Fine. If you wish to stay, then stay. However, I will not be blamed for my actions towards you. Is that understood?” Sesshomaru answered in all seriousness. 

Kagura could hardly believe her ears.

 ‘What did he just say? I can stay, but what kind of actions is he referring to?’ she thought. 

“Actions?” Kagura asked, “What kind of actions?” 

Sesshomaru’s response was simple.

“You know the season,” he said. 

Kagura processed the information carefully.

  ‘Wait! Season? Oh, that’s right! It’s….mating season! Wait, he doesn’t mean--!!’

 “You bastard!!” she yelled in disgust, “What exactly are you plotting?!!” 

It’s true that every now and then, she gets those sexual urges, but hearing that Sesshomaru is feeling them too, it made her more conscientious of the things around her. 

“Mating season is a time where demons are succumbed to the effects of “nature” and pleasure. Is it so strange that I, a demon, might also get these urges?” Sesshomaru explained.

 Kagura grinned.

‘Maybe this season can work in my favor after all,’ she thought.

 “What? So now you’re going to rape me? Or maybe you would just prefer it if we have sex in the open before those two return?”Kagura said jokingly.

 Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes.

‘Don’t say such absurd things. This Sesshomaru would never resort to such means,’ he said. 

“Then how about other means?” Kagura replied. 

It was silent again.

Sesshomaru turned to leave and disappeared through the forest. 

“Hey! I don’t hear you denying it!” Kagura yelled, wondering if she had a peeping tom on her hands.  

He disappeared and Kagura was alone again. 

Kagura sighed.

It was getting late.

 She stared at the red kimono in front of her.  

‘I need to find a hot springs,’ she thought.  

She pulled a feather from her hair and let it enlarge.

She flew over the trees and headed north. 

After some time had passed, Kagura had finally found a decent hot springs.  

She flew down into the forest and climbed up some rocks leading to the hot springs.  

Kagura looked around, making sure that there were no demons nearby.  

When she deemed that the coast was clear, she took off her clothes, let her hair down, and went in for a dip.  

“Ah…what a relief to be finally free!” she exclaimed.  

Kagura poured some water over her long, dark hair which glistened in the moonlight.

 Kagura was alone so she thought that this was the perfect time to practice her wind dance.  

She twirled round and round and waved her fan as an extension of her hand.  

She incorporated seduction, charm, and beauty into her dances.  

The wind created a whirlwind of dazzling water around her.  

Kagura laughed and smiled, she was completely carefree of everything but the wind and her freedom. 

Unbeknownst to Kagura, she had plenty of admirers watching her through the trees.

They could barely contain themselves, looking for any moment to jump an unsuspecting demon for mere pleasure. 

When Kagura finished dancing, several demons made their appearance.  

Kagura glared at them.  

‘Damn! I shouldn’t have gotten so carried away. I didn’t even notice how much of a commotion I was making,’ she thought to herself. 

“Hehehe…pretty woman! How about giving me a piece of that action?” came the voice of one demon. 

“Come here if you want a good time,” another demon said.  

“Pleasure’s all mine,” came another voice. 

Kagura didn’t like the way that they were all staring at her with lustful eyes.

She was suddenly aware of the fact that she had yet to be covered. 

“Are you guys sure that you want to be messing with me?” she asked innocently.  

She pulled out her fan and spread it across her face seductively.

“After all, I like to play hard to get,” she said. 

The demons all jumped her.

Kagura spun around and shot her wind blades at all of them, causing many to dissipate. 

 However, the demons were so numerous and kept coming.

Kagura was getting tired and doubted that she could fend all of them off for much longer.  

Soon enough, the demons were able to band together and pin her down to where she couldn’t move. 

“Damn it! Get off of me, you bastards!!”Kagura screamed. 

One demon smiled. “Don’t worry, honey…you and I are going to have some real fun!” he said.  

Kagura glared at him. 

She was in trouble. 

Suddenly, a bright light flashed through the trees.  

In just a few moments, most of the demons were slaughtered.

 One demon that was now on top of Kagura had remained.

 Kagura squirmed underneath him, but she couldn’t move because he was so big.  

“Who the heck are you?” exclaimed the demon, “Back off, she’s my territory now!” 

“Leave her,” the calm voice replied.

 Kagura instantly put two and two together.  

‘Sesshomaru….’Kagura thought, ‘How did he know where to find me?’ 

The other demon tried to claw at Sesshomaru, but Sesshomaru was too quick for him.  

Sesshomaru used his poison claws to slaughter the demon.

When the demon dissipated, Kagura slowly got up and met eyes with Sesshomaru.  

His eyes were turning red.  

Instantly seeing the issue, Kagura reached out to grab the red kimono.  

But she was too late.  

Sesshomaru had pulled Kagura up close to him to where his chest was against hers.

 ‘Uh-oh…he warned me that he can’t control all of his actions…”she thought. 

Then, Kagura shrugged it off.

‘Oh well, what a turn on this will be.’ she said with a smirk. 

Her heart was pounding when Sesshomaru’s lips met hers.  

He began kissing her passionately on the lips and on the sides of her neck.  

Kagura was enjoying every moment of it.  

She moaned in pleasure and stroked his hair back while he embraced her around the hips.  

She pulled down the top part of his kimono and armor.

 Sesshomaru had her down on the ground now.  

But before things could be taken any further, Sesshomaru suddenly stopped when he recognized Totosai’s scent nearby.  

His eyes turned their regular color again and widened when he realized what he was doing with Kagura.   

“What’s wrong?”Kagura asked, not knowing what side to take of the situation. 

Sesshomaru got up and threw Kagura the red kimono.

  “Put this on. We can discuss this later. Someone is approaching,” he said.  

He then proceeded to pull his clothes back on.

Kagura did the same. 

“How far?” he suddenly asked.  

“How far what?” Kagura asked, confused. 

He tilted Kagura’s chin up to meet his eyes with her’s. 

“How far did we take it?” he clarified. 

“Don’t worry. Nothing really happened. We just kissed and--” 

She was interrupted by Sesshomaru’s kiss.

It was long and passionate. 

When he broke off, he replied, “I needed to get it out of my system.” 

Kagura smiled.

“I’m sure you did…if you need more, you where to find me,” she said. 

Sesshomaru’s eyes widened in surprise with a hint of excitement.  

He flew up in the direction of camp.

 Kagura removed a feather from her hair and followed him.  

When they arrived, they saw Totosai, Rin, and Jaken together.  

“Lord Sesshomaru!” Rin and Jaken both eagerly greeted Sesshomaru in perfect sync. 

“Who’s this old geezer?” Kagura asked. 

Totosai was instantly insulted.

“Why you—who are you calling an old geezer?” he yelled furiously.  

But he was ignored. 

“Totosai. Why have you come?” Sesshomaru calmly asked. 

“What’s the hurry?” Totosai replied. 

Then, upon receiving a deadly glare by Sesshomaru, he hid behind the ox and said,  “I have come to forge tenseiga into a weapon.”