- Text Size +

"Home sweet home," Kagome muttered crashing on the couch looking like a zombie.

Kikyo sighed dropping some of their bags on the floor not looking forward to unpacking it all and fitting it in such small surroundings, "What's wrong with you? Thought you were excited about your new life?"

"That was until I found out there was no long distance here! I told Kouga I would call him."

"Mom," Sango then walked in, "there['s no shall side in the pool. Just another pool for babies."

"Enough!" Kikyo snapped at them, "Kagome if Kouga loved you then he will visit. Until then you could either go back to school or you can put a smile on your face and stop complaining. Now put your clothes away."

"Back to school?" she frowned.

As much as she wanted to escape the guilt that came with marrying for money she couldn't see herself graduating ate age 20. She'd dropped out towards the end of sophomore year so it would take a lot of work, that probably wouldn't be needed, if Kouga honestly loved her than he would propose soon.

"If you're going to stay all day you're going to act like a proper lady. New city, so new reputation. I want you in bed by nine every night."

"A curfew? You're serious?"

She nodded, "I'm going to try and work again, so I don't need the few contacts I have left hearing about my daughter who drinks all night long."

"Mom," Kagome sighed, "I don't do that stuff anymore. After I made the decision to drop out of school and become some rich guy's housew-

"Household partner," Kikyo corrected her.

Kikyo wouldn't allow her or her daughter to ever become a housewife. Housewives, in her opinion when it came to high-class society, were nothing but tan blonde bimbos who complained about how difficult their job was when maids the house and the nanny-raised-kids didn't even recognize their mom.

As a household partner, Kikyo was not only invested in every moment of her children's lives, but she was the one who wrote up payroll for all her staff and cooked every night. A household partner adjusted all the finances and made sure to watch all her husband's stocks and investments. Her husband had worked hard so it wasn't fair of her to do otherwise.

"Oh," Kikyo's eyes lit up, "We could bring in some money with- never mind..."

"Thinking about the pink Mercedes you bought with the stock money?" Kagome asked.

"Yes. It got stolen in this very town actually, around when you were three."

"Wow. You just made this place sound very inviting."

Her mother shook her head. It must have already been hard on the girl to feel pressured to marry so young, but she didn't expect her to fall in love. Her and Kouga had only been separated for a few days, so obvious this wasn't healthy.

"I'm going to the car," sighed Kikyo, "a lot of clothes to get."

Kagome stretched when her mother finally took her elave. She was far behind Sango when it came to exploring, but there wasn't much to see. All the walls were white with no pictures, just a few pieces of paper saying they would be fined if they smoked in here. There were only two bedrooms and one bathroom, but she didn't even want to think about it.

All that, however, was wiped from her mind the second she stepped foot on to the balcony. It was a beautiful view of the city while the sun was setting in the background. She'd never been here even though her former home was so close. Before she never thought Tokyo could compare to Rome or Egypt, but there was something about this place.

Maybe she was finally accepting that this place would be home for a while.

"When is Kouga coming?" Sango asked tilting her head.

Kagome didn't frown this time at the mention of his name, "His off enjoying himself without me so I'll do the same. Tell mom I'm going out."

Kagome had reached for her purse before stopping. She didn't have any money, so it wasn't like she could go check out the mall or the club scene. The moment she remembered that she had nothing to her name she felt like she was destined to be isolated to this apartment for the rest of her days.

GO FOR A WALK YOU PREPPY IDIOT!

It took a few seconds for Kagome to mentally inform herself of how dense she was. It was the beauty of this city that made her want to go out, so why not experience it? Having money never changed her need for it. She always wanted more than she had, but maybe with nothing she could just enjoy the scenery.

"Mom Kagome is going out," Sango repeated when Kikyo came back in.

"Not without supervision," Kikyo grumbled as she returned with a few more bags, "things are going to be different here. You're not running around the city alone."

"Mom! I told you I'm done with drinking for good."

Kikyo was to never know about the cocaine and other drugs.

"It's still not going to happen. The city is nice, but not safe. Not safe at all..."

What Kikyo was getting at was that since Kagome was this far with Kouga she couldn't risk being spotted at a bar hooking up with another guy. There was also a possibility someone like her could easily be captured and sold in human trafficking.

"I just want to walk! Can I do that?"

"Not without an escort young lady," a newcomer came into the conversation, "It's quite improper."

Kikyo smiled as her cousin Kaede walked in to greet them to her complex. Kagome didn't recognize her relative, but still spoke with rudeness.

"Escort? We don't live in the middle ages or olden days. It's the future and a girl can walk down the street."

"Calling me old?" Kaede glared, "all I know is that back in my day women acted proper, and that was back in the day before all these sex slave trades and lude heiress behavior was always being reported. It would do you well to learn from the past Miss. Higurashi if you intend to be married before the year is out."

Great. So everyone knew about her goal. Why not start acting like she was living in the past? It wouldn't be long before someone arranged her into a marriage anyway with the rate everyone knew about her dilemma.

"Now," Kaede continued, "I came here to welcome you three to my home, and I will provide you with anything you need-

"Is there internet access here, maybe I can borrow a laptop and-"

Kikyo was about to quiet Kagome again, but Kaede beat her to it.

"Hush girl. No we don't have internet access here. If you want to get in contact with your beloved Kouga you'll write a letter, like we did in the 'olden days'. Now as I was saying, the hotel staff and my many regular guest would love to meet you three. Dinner will be served every night at six and I expect you all there, even the mouthy daughter."

Kagome sighed. She didn't know what was more depressing. The fact that they would probably be showed off and pitied in front of complete strangers or that everyone knew she was desperately pining over Kouga.

"We would love to," Kikyo smiled before pinching Kagome's shoulder.

"Yes thanks for inviting us," Kagome nodded to Kaede though none of it was meant.

Kaede just nodded back before taking her leave. When she heard that the oldest Higurashi daughter was planning on finding support in a husband she thought she would be more 'proper'. The old woman didn't want to think of herself as a professional matchmaker, but with two big similar personalities like that of Kagome and Kagura's brother that relationship wouldn't last long.

Sesshoumaru would be visiting soon...

A few hours with him and Kagome would definitely be forced to grow up and stop acting like a child...

 

Chapter End Notes:

Author's Note: :'( I'm trying, but I promise this fic will get so much better when Sesshoumaru enters the story, because like Kaede thought, he will make her become more mature very quick.

I got a bad review, definitely not a flame, because it made really good points that I even I am aware of (on Dokuga not ), about the way Kagome acts. -_-' I've been writing Inuyasha fanfics for many a year a now and I inform you I know how to portray Kagome, but I saw this story as an opportunity to do something different.

I write fanfics because I love writing, but I really suck at character development. Kagome is what I call a generic mary-sue (sorry Kags but it's true :'( ) so I use her for great practice because there is always things about her personality I can easily manipulate. I've had nice, innocent, virgin Kagome in my stories a lot, but to challenge myself I decided to work backwards. Now we have an insecure Kagome who has a bad record of partying too much, who believes that if she doesn't have sex with men like Kouga than they won't think much of her. Now my mission is to change that Kagome into the one we all know and love :D

Oh and due to me always being busy with college lately and still wanting to write fanfics I have been producing these a bit too fast, and I think it's time I invest in a beta reader. So please message me at , or if you're on Dokuga hit me up there so we can work something out if you are interested. If you hate how this story is going just become my beta and force me to quit sucking :D