- Text Size +

Plans had already changed. In no way shape or form could Naraku allow himself to leave his father's estate to Kikyo Higurashi and her daughters. Kagura had already made her decision on this and it could not be reversed.

“I had my ultra sound two days ago,” Kagura announced upon her arrival into the office.

“I was unaware you were pregnant,” Naraku noted uninterested.

Even now as his wife stood next to him with a balloon shaped stomach he refused to spare her a glance. He'd been paying her with all the luxuries a woman could ask for so she would stay away and spare him these martial formalities. If she insisted on barging in here and disturbing his peace than he wasn't going to look at her and act interested if it wasn't necessary.

“Two children means bigger house and why go searching for one when your father gave you this prime piece of property?”

“Our home has enough room as it is to have another three children and still have a guest room.”

“I guess, but I'm thinking about the future my love. Won't be long until Kanna is a teenager with a million friends who all want to come over and use the pool, not to mention plans for a huge sweet sixteen party. Kagome has already had all the parties she will never need in this place, and Sango- that nasty little tomboy won't be having any friends so it doesn't matter.”

It would be the other way around. His sister Sango would one day grow out of the phases that came with childhood while Kanna will always have that terrifying blank stare. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing to keep the home his father and mother shared together. After all it was big enough that Kagura could be on the other side not being heard. He could actually invite his business associates over without being embarrased by his pill-popping wife.

“So it's settled. We will move in here at once.”

Naraku nodded, “Fine, but I will allow my sisters and their mother to stay until they have a new home.”

“I guess, but now about the money...”

“Do you find the amount I spoke of...undeserving?”

“It's a lot of money Naraku, and we are only taking a million?”

“This house that you wanted so bad is worth two million, so if they get three million we will come out even.”

Kagura shook her head, “We are going to have a baby boy.”

“Love if you're going to object on how I'm spending my father's money than at least stay on subject.”

“I have a point. Kanna as well as your sisters will marry and start their own lives, but our son will need more assistance.”

“My earnings is more than enough needed to put him through college.”

“True, but I was planning on using your earnings for his trust fund, so like you he will always have something to fall back on if his career doesn't work out.”

Naraku had times in college, and when he first started work where he planned on quitting and retiring on his mother's trust fund, but the thought of relying on money that his mother hadn't even earned made him feel like a lesser being. His son, being the child of Kagura, probably wouldn't make the right choice and not even bother going to college if he had a trust fund.

“If I give them two million will you be fine?” he asked wanting this conversation to end.

She sighed, “Not only would you be taking money away from our children by giving it to them, but there is a question of what's right and what's wrong.”

“It wouldn't be such an issue if Kikyo could go back to work, so while we are on the subject of what's right and what's wrong you do recognize this is all because of your friend Kaguya.”

Kagura rolled her eyes, “Kikyo can remain blacklisted. Because of her and that poorly made shoe Kaguya could have lost her career.”

“What career? She quit the moment she married that sitcom star.”

“It's the principal of the matter. Naraku your father handed down the money to you because you know how to handle money, and the tradition of giving it to the heir, but I doubt it would have been this way if Kikyo gave birth to a son before Kagome. He would have left everything to them, and you with nothing all because you decided to get a job and earn your living.”

That thought had passed Naraku's mind. What if Kikyo had birthed a son? Since his mother was dead that child would have been considered heir and would've received everything to selfishly spend with the rest of his unemployed family.

Of course it would have happened, his father cared nothing for him.

“One million?”

“You're an accountant. Wouldn't we need that to pay taxes on the rest of the income we are receiving? Naraku I know they are your family, but with a new son on the way we can't afford to. Not to mention what it will cost to pay for both this home and our last home.”

“I thought we would sell our old home if we move here.”

“Of course not. Our house is right on the beach that would be stupid.”

Naraku sighed. What would it take to honor his agreement to his father as well as keeping Kagura happy so she would go away?

“Maybe if I just sent them some money once in a while. I can send all of them one-hundred thousand a year, so if something does come up where they cannot earn money than they will have enough to live off of.”

“For each of them? That would also be stupid. Kagome wouldn't be able to handle not shopping every other day so it won't be long before she gets married, and then what? By that point she will already be expecting her payment from you and greedily demand it even though she won't need it. She can marry and get a job like everyone else.”

Everyone besides you,” he thought to himself “Fine. As you said they are capable of working, but Kikyo is not and I have nothing against her so I'll just send her 200 thousand until her daughters marry, and then 100 thousand after that. That sounds fair, don't you agree?”

“Hardly. How old is she? Thirty?”

He nodded, “Yes she was twenty when I was ten and Kagome was born.”

“Disgusting, and I'm beginning to think you're a shitty accountant. It will be a long while before she dies. You could be ninety and still paying for her if you make that agreement, and by then we would be out millions.”

“I could send the family every other paycheck I make.”

“That would mean every other week you work for them when they've never done anything for you. Not only do we have a lot of bills to pay, but we are using those checks for trust funds like I already told you. It would be a shame if Kanna and our son didn't have parents.”

It wouldn't be proper of him to one day leave Kanna in the same situation Sango and Kagome were in now, so she did have a point. His paychecks did a lot of them as well as save them from going into his millions which kept the Higurashi name on the social radar. Hell, because of him combining his father's money with his mother's trust fund their last name would be worth more and Kagome wouldn't have that much trouble finding a husband.

“Tell me then Kagura, what am I suppose to offer them? I thought you believed in ghost, do you really want my father haunting your beautiful new house?”

“When he told you to help them he probably didn't even mean money. If that was the case he could have left them some. He probably wants you to help them move out and make sure that the funeral was paid for as well as their credit- that reminds me they better have thrown those out.”

“Very well Kagura,” he was finally going to announce his decision, “every time I earn money you say you are entitled to it because you are my wife and we share things. Since your so concerned about the welfare of my step-mom and half siblings you can share the burden of finding them a new home. I will pay for it and I will send them enough money for heat, electricity, and water. They will have no cell phones, internet, gym memberships, or shopping sprees unless it comes from their own pocket. Will that finally appease you?”

“As long as we get to keep the plates the silverware,” Kagura noted nodding her head, “It's much too beautiful for the average home I will get them. They can have the furniture your father put in storage.”

“So it's a deal?”

She nodded, “It's a deal. They will be fine.”

He went back to going over his father's bills to see how much this estate would cost him. Kikyo and her daughters were about to experience a hardship they've never dreamed they would be in, and all because he wanted Kagura to shut up and go elsewhere.