- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please Read and Review!

 

Chapter 19

 

Kagura's Resurrection

 

The next day, Narsako said, “Dandan, Daisuke, you two are coming with us.” “Where are you all going?” Kagome asked. “I've got one last creature to revive. She's the only one that truly deserves a second chance, and also the only one I can revive,” Narsako said, “Don't worry, we'll take care of Shippo, and be back again.” “Oh, well, okay,” Kagome said. At that the four left the village.

Eleven days later, Narsako, Shippo, Dandan, and Daisuke arrived at the hill, where Kagura had last seen Sesshomaru, before she had died. “Dandan, Daisuke, stay put, Shippo, come with me,” Narsako said. Shippo followed Narsako, and the other two stayed at the bottom of the hill. Narsako put the long sticks with the strait end, in the ground, in a square. Once the four sticks faced each other, Narsako put the plate on top of the sticks; she pulled out some string, from her pocket, and tied the plate to the sticks, using the holes. “Shippo, if you would?” Narsako asked. “FOX FIRE!” Shippo yelled, lighting the wick in the middle of the plate. “Stand back, Shippo,” Narsako said. Shippo went to wait with Dandan and Daisuke, and Narsako said, “Winds of time return, relieve the sorceress of spider, and return only the wind!” As Narsako said the chant, she clapped her hands together, and then made a V shape, from the bottom of her hands.

Suddenly, a very strong gust of wind started to gather below the plate, and after a few minutes, Kagura reappeared. “N... Narsako? How did I get here? I thought...” Kagura asked, confused. Narsako dropped down to her knees, and said, “Shippo?” “Oh, right,” Shippo said. Shippo turned off the fire, and picked up the plate and sticks, after noticing the string had snapped.

Shippo turned around, and asked, “Narsako, are you alright?” “Yeah, I'm fine,” Narsako said, even though she was worn out. “Kagura, Naraku is dead, and I made sure he didn't return, when I resurrected you. I would have brought you back sooner, but I didn't have enough power, after I had to resurrect Kohaku,” Narsako said. “But, why did you do that?” Kagura asked. “I told you, that you'd be coming back, and besides I could tell what was going on,” Narsako said. “But, what will I do now?” Kagura asked. “Why don't you go after that demon?” Narsako asked. “Uh... demon?” Kagura asked. “Don't play innocent. You know exactly who I'm talking about. I think he likes you too. Don't waste your second chance,” Narsako said smiling at her, “Come on team, we're going.” “Why the rush?” Shippo asked. “Two lightning bolts just arrived at the village,” Narsako said. “What another demon?!” Shippo asked, slightly shaking. “No, I don't think so. If I hear a scream, it means death, but a lightning bolt, means life. Usually it's a sign of birth, and I think it has hit Miroku's and Sango's hut.” “So, why two?” Shippo asked. “Must've been twins,” Narsako said. “I'd better go,” Kagura said. “Good luck,” Narsako said, turning and nodding.

After Kagura headed west, Narsako said, “Let me take that, Shippo.” Shippo handed Narsako the stuff, and the four of them took off. The trip home, took longer than expected, because they had to go through seven demon battles, before they could get to a road. About a month later, the group finally arrived back at the village.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.