- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 8

 

A Demon-Slayer Meets A Monk

 

As a large three headed bear started terrorizing parts of the center of Japan, the people around, came to a human castle. Kagewaki Hitome was now the Lord, as his father had passed away a month after Tsubaki tried to kill his father. “People, listen, there is only one group of people, that can handle a job like that,” Kagewaki replied, “Monks and Priests are normally unavailable, at this time of the month.” “Where are they?” a man asked. “The village is located somewhere in the mountains,” Kagewaki replied. “Like that's a lot of help,” a young man said. “The village will be found,” Kagewaki said.

After the people, finally left, Kagewaki held a meeting, consisting of his warriors. “I don't care how you find the village, but find it. Comb the mountains for it, understand!” Kagewaki said. “Yes, lord,” the warriors said. “Dismissed! Don't return, until someone has found the hidden village,” Kagewaki said. The warriors all left to go into the mountains.

A week later, the men returned, and one said, “They are sending their very best slayer, for the job.” “Good, then I hope the bear disappears, soon,” Kagewaki said. Thud! Thud! The bear started terrorizing the nearby village, and was almost to the castle, when a woman appeared, with a giant boomerang. “HIROTKOTSU!” the woman yelled, throwing the weapon, which sliced the bear in half.

As shocking as all that was, the bear pieced itself back together, and turned around. The girl suddenly used some poison powder, and it seemed to slow down the bear, but wasn't enough. “Hey, what's that?” a warrior asked, pointing at the sky. “I don't know,” another replied. As everyone looked up, who appeared

in the nick of time, but Miroku and Hachi.

“It looks like that Demon-Slayer is in trouble,” Hachi said, after summarizing the situation. “Go down, Hachi,” Miroku said. As the two went towards the bear, who had his back turned, Miroku threw a sacred sutra at the bear. The bear hollered in pain, and turned to Miroku, who was on the ground, with his staff. As the bear tried to claw Miroku, Miroku used the barrier of his staff, to hold the bear off.

The bear had forgotten about the Demon-Slayer, who was right behind him, and she saw the opening she needed. She threw the boomerang, and caused the bear to lose his balance. While the bear had been hit, right where the sutra was, Miroku grabbed another, as the bear was hollering, and threw it on the middle forehead. The bear had let go, by this time, and Miroku hit the bear, hard, with his staff, right on the forehead, with the sutra.

After the bear finally disappeared, the

Demon-Slayer walked up to Miroku. “I thought nobody was around,” she said. “Yeah, talking about lucky,” Miroku said. “I guess, since you helped me kill the thing, then we'll split the money,” she said. Miroku smiled at her, and it made her back off a step.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.