- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My OC for the fanfiction "For the Sake of Love and Family"

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters from Inuyasha show. Rumiko Takahashi is the one who owns them. This fan fiction is not a commercial project, and I am not making any money from writing it.

Warnings: M/F – Sesshomaru/Kagome, Yaoi (male x male) OC/OC.

Summary: A teen searches for Kagome. Who is he? What does he want? What is he hiding? And why the hell does he want to go to the feudal Japan?!

A/N 1: Naoe looks like 17 year old boy.

A/N 2: I will be using a few Japanese words like:

          Hanyou – half-breed

          Youki – demonic power

          Youkai – demon

          Shikon no Tama – Well as all of you already know it’s a sacred jewel that Kagome has broken.

A/N 3: Sorry for the mistakes. I am not a native speaker, so please bear with it.


Chapter 1 Meeting

A soft knock echoed and a tall teenager with long white hair could be seen standing in front of the normal-sized house, waiting for a response. When there was none, he knocked one more time and, again, there was nothing but silence. But as soon as he thought about leaving, soft footsteps could be heard behind his back and a soft female voice asked if there was anything she could help him with. He turned around and saw a woman, with short brown hair, standing with a questioning look on her face. Looking kind of unsure the teen greeted the woman.

“Good afternoon. Ummm… is…is Kagome at home?”

“Oh, so you’re looking for my daughter! Unfortunately she’s not at home right now. Maybe I can help you somehow?”

“Ummm… no, thank you.” The boy turned to leave but stopped in the mid-step. “But on the other hand… Do you know when she is coming back?”

“Well, she went to the shop at about an hour ago…” The woman drawled out. “She might be back any minute now.”

“Thank you for the information.” The teen bowed slightly and continued.  “Then I’ll come again after a few hours. I need to talk to Kagome about something.” Once again he slightly bowed to the woman and resumed his walking.

“If you want to, you can stay here and wait for her.” Kagome’s mother suggested stopping the teen.

“Really? I can wait for her?” The guy’s face lit up with hope and relief. He turned around and faced the woman. She is a very kind person, the boy thought and smiled to the woman standing in front of him.

“Yes, why not.” She smiled back and moved towards the house. “Come with me.” She motioned towards the door with her hand and started rummaging through her bag, searching for the key. When she found it and unlocked the door she stepped aside holding the handle and inviting the boy to come in.

“Would you like some tea? Or maybe coffee?”  She asked when they got inside the house.

“Oh, coffee would be nice. Thank you.” The teenager answered and smiled to the woman, who was already rushing towards the kitchen.

She set the kettle to boil the water, opened the fridge and started taking out the necessary things for the sandwiches. When the boy entered the kitchen he found the woman already making the snacks. The woman noticed him come in and motioned towards the chair beside the table.

“Please, take a seat, ah, but maybe we should go to the sitting-room, I’ll…”

“No! No, it’s ok. Do not worry about me. It’s ok. There is no need to go to the sitting-room.” The teen fidgeted a little and sat down on the offered chair. “Can I help you somehow?” The boy asked the woman who was now slicing the cheese.

“Thank you, you can put these on the bread.” She pushed the sliced cheese towards the white haired teen and saw the boy fidget again. “Oh my, you are being way too nervous and there is no need to be so formal. Relax and feel like at home.” The brown haired woman waved her hand dismissively. “Or is there something that bothers you?”

“No, everything is fine. I just want to talk with Kagome, that’s all. I feel a bit nervous but otherwise I’m fine. There is no need to be worried.” The teen sensing a hint of worry in her voice hurried to ensure the woman.

“Oh, I see.” The woman smiled and the teen noticed a spark of curiosity pass her eyes. “Are you Kagome’s friend?”

The teen tensed a little from her words but tried to stay calm. “Err, no, I… I just want to talk to her…” He noticed that he was repeating this phrase for quite some time but he couldn’t help it. He just couldn’t tell Kagome’s mother why he was here and what exactly he wanted from her daughter.

“Hmmm…” The woman drew the sound… “Could it be that you want to confess your love to her?”

At these words the teen blushed furiously and the slice of cheese that he was holding in his hand fell on the table. “I…”, the boy stammered and swallowed hard. “I’m… I’m not, I just… That’s… That’s not it!” He was about to say something more to defend himself but he was interrupted by the woman’s laugh.

“I’m sorry, I just couldn’t help myself.” She chuckled.  “So, what’s your name, young one?” Brown-haired woman asked while reaching for the cups from the shelf.

“Oh, I am sorry. It was rude of me to not introduce myself. My name is…”

Exactly at that time there was a sound of the door opening and a happy voice echoed in the house announcing Kagome’s return.

“Yes, honey, I’m in the kitchen.” Kagome’s mother answered and turned off the kettle. “A young man wants to see you. He is here, with me, waiting for you.” She said and went to take tea and coffee.

“Oh?” It was the only word Kagome said and a slight interest was noticeable in her voice. The soft footsteps headed towards the kitchen and after a few moments the girl was standing in the doorway; her eyes searching for the one, her mother was speaking about. When her brown orbs met the golden ones she stiffened.

“Mom?” She called her mother without breaking the eye contact with the teen.

“Yes, honey?” The woman raised her eyes from the cups that were sitting on the table ready to be filled with boiled water.

“Did you know that he’s a demon?” Kagome carefully asked her mother, her eyes still on the demon before her.

“Hmmm? What are you talking about, honey?”

“Um, never mind.” Kagome nervously smiled to her mother and headed towards the confused demon. When she was standing just a few feet away from him she told him to follow her, grabbed him by his wrist and dragged the confused demon out of the kitchen.

“How about your coffee, young man?” Kagome’s mother shouted after the baffled guy.

“Ah, thank you but I… Thank you!” He couldn’t say much more because he was pulled out of the room. The boy was really confused. The girl dragged him out of the kitchen and then out of the house.

“Get out of here.” Kagome showed him out of her house.

“I… I just need to talk to you. You’re Kagome, right?” The teen was looking at her almost pleadingly.


“Yes, I am Kagome and I have no desire to talk with you.”

“Please, I really need your help. I need to go to the feudal era.”

“Then go there by yourself. Why are you here, in my house?” Kagome was getting impatient. What the hell is wrong with this guy?! What does he want from her? And his being a demon didn’t help him at all…

“I can’t get there without your help.” The words sounded like a soft sigh from his mouth.

Now that Kagome took a better look at the teen she noticed that he was tired, confused and somewhat nervous. It wasn’t a behavior of a demon and not the one she was used to seeing… Strange…

“So? What is it that you want from me?” She was getting interested in this man standing before her.

“I need to talk to you, Kagome.”

“Then you may speak.” The girl gave the permission to the youth, while the smile was tugging at the corners of her lips. She didn’t know why but the guy didn’t seem very dangerous. He was amusing. Yes, for some reason she found the guy amusing… She could even call him cute. Of course she knew perfectly well that the appearance could be deceiving so she held her ground. However, she decided to at least listen to the guy so she crossed her arms on the chest and leaned on the doorframe. “Well, what do you want to talk about?”

“Not here.” He looked behind her then around the yard he was standing in and finally focusing on the girl again. “I have to talk to you in private.”

She arched an eyebrow. The guy was being mysterious. What was it he wanted to talk about and how the hell did he come here, to her time? Wait... If he came here on his own then he can go back on his own as well. So that means he is lying to her. And yet, for some reason she wanted to know more about this guy. She knew that she may be in trouble and she understood that it was a good thing that Inuyasha wasn’t here. He would have started fighting and then...  Oh God... She didn’t want to know what would have happened next. At last she snapped out of her thoughts and sighed with defeat.

“Ok. Let’s go to my room then.” She turned to go into the house but stopped when the thought struck her. “That’s right; I still do not know your name.”

He nodded and followed Kagome back into the house and then up the stairs.

“My name is Naoe.” He introduced himself and followed her without a second word, afraid that she might change her mind. Now she was walking in front of him and he took the opportunity to examine the girl: she was not very tall and her ebony hair reached the middle of her back, she was wearing blue jeans and a pink blouse. He also noticed that her scent was very pleasant. No it wasn’t because of the perfume she was wearing… Her natural scent was really attracting and somewhat nostalgic. The boy inhaled a bit more and noted that she smelt of vanilla and fresh air. He closed his eyes for a moment and once again inhaled the sweet scent. When he opened his eyes he was staring at the questioning eyes in front of him…

 “What are you staring at?”  Kagome was standing at the top of the stairs, her hand on her hip and her head tipped a little to the side. Her stare that was directed at the boy didn’t promise anything good.

White-haired teen suddenly realized that he was still staring at her with a dreamy gaze on his face. Oh God… He was misunderstood. The boy couldn’t help the blush that found its way to his face. He lowered his eyes and fixed them on the stairs.

“I… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to stare at you. And… And I wasn’t staring at you because… Well because… I just thought that you smell very good, and…” He looked up at her once again and winced. “Sorry, I… Oh God… I am not that kind of guy! Besides I am younger than you are and…” 

“Are you implying that I am old?” Kagome couldn’t help but tease the poor teen in front of her. His reaction was just too cute.

Naoe’s eyes widened. “No! Of course not! I just…” He sighed and lowered his eyes to the ground again. The fading blush returned the full force as he continued. “I was just thinking that you have a nice scent. From the demon point of view it’s like a compliment, you know. I am not some kind of pervert.”

Kagome sighed but inside she was giggling. The boy was so amusing. He was easy to embarrass. She put on an annoyed expression on her face and turned towards her room resuming her walking. “So, what is it that you want to tell me?”

Naoe sighed with relief when the girl turned away from him. He thought he was going to die from the embarrassment. Now once again following the girl, he straightened his back and when she opened her bedroom door to let him inside, he nodded and slipped past her.

“As I’ve already told you, my name is Naoe and I’m from the future.”

“Future?!” Kagome looked stunned and the hand she was holding the door-handle froze. Now her eyes were wide and she was carefully examining the boy. It didn’t seem that he was lying.

“Yes, I’m from the future.  My home is not here, in your era or in the feudal era for that matter. I live a hundred years in the future from this moment.”

“Whoa, I wasn’t expecting that.” The miko was looking at the demon with a distrustful gaze but now there was a sparkle of some other emotion. She came out of her daze and closed the door. She swiftly moved towards the chair that was standing behind her desk and sat down. “So why are you here?” Now she looked kind of interested. “Did something happen in your time?”

“Yes.” Naoe fidgeted uncomfortably and headed towards the made bed that was covered with a blue cover. He touched the blue material in an absentminded manner and seated himself there. He looked around the room and smiled inwardly. Yeah, it was definitely a girl’s room. Now he lowered his head a little and fixed his gaze on the carpet. “However, I cannot tell you what had happened or why I am here.”  He whispered and lifted his head once again. When his eyes met Kagome’s he saw a hint of worry pass her features.  “No, no, there is no need to be worried.” Naoe reassured Kagome and then sighed. “Please, all I need is to get to the feudal era.”

“Well, I… Why should I trust you? Is it really true what you are saying? Are you really from the future? What if you are lying?” There was a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

“It’s your choice whether to believe me or not. I do not have any proof to prove my words.” Naoe sighed and buried his face in his hands. He didn’t plan to deal with Kagome at first. All he had thought about was how to get in here, to this era, meet Kagome and ask her to help him to go to the feudal era. He had never thought that she will be so mistrustful. ‘I was naïve.’ He thought sarcastically.

Kagome noticed that the teen was very tired. His eyes were clouded as if he had been without sleep for quite some time now, his shoulders were slumped forward and this posture didn’t fit him at all. ‘He must have had a long journey till he got here’ – she thought.  She didn’t trust him. He was a demon, and she didn’t trust demons. She felt reluctant… She didn’t want to let him go to the feudal era and yet she was curious… She was interested in this guy. Yes, he could be some spy who was sent to kill her and her family, he could be sent by that half-breed Naraku to kill the inu-gang… She shuddered from the last thought. Yes, she hated that sly half-demon, while at the same time she was terribly afraid of him. That horrible half-bread always got in the way of the shard hunting and almost every time they met the guy, Inuyasha would get hurt. She was afraid that one day Naraku will succeed and kill them all… Kagome shook her head to get rid of the unnecessary thoughts and once again focused on the teen who was still sitting with his face cradled in his palms.  He could be a spy or whatever… but, for some unknown reason, she wanted to trust this teenager. Finally she sighed and addressed the reflective demon in front of her.

“I think you should rest for a while, you look very tired.”

His head jerked up and his golden pools met the brown ones. “Umm… No, I… I’m fine. However, a cup of coffee would be…” He didn’t finish the sentence because of a soft knock on the door that startled them both.

“Come in.” Kagome recognized her mother’s knock and invited her to the room. The door opened and revealed the brown-haired woman with a tray in her hands.

“Hi once again.” The woman smiled and headed towards the table. “When I heard that the two of you come back, I decided to come and give the young man his coffee.” Kagome’s mother put a cup of coffee on the table in front of the teen and a cup of herbal tea in front of Kagome. “I thought you might like some tea as well.” She winked to her daughter, put the sandwiches on the table and turned to leave.

“Thank you.” Naoe was really grateful. Coffee smelled really nice and filled the room with its soft aroma. “By the way, I didn’t have the opportunity to introduce myself in the kitchen. I’m Naoe.” The demon smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Naoe. I’m Kira, Kagome’s mother as you already know.” She smiled and left the room.

“Your mother is a very nice person.” The boy smiled and Kagome couldn’t turn her eyes away from him. He was handsome. No, he could even be called gorgeous.

“Yeah, she really is.” She answered and smiled back.

They both took their cups from the table and began sipping the hot liquid. Kagome was lost in thought, battling with herself. If he was lying to her, then why didn’t he kill her or her mother when he had a chance? She shuddered at the thought. Is it really true that all he wants is to get to the feudal era? She was confused… She secretly took a glance at the youth, who was sitting on her bed, his face cradled in his palms, the cup with coffee already standing on the table. She didn’t think that he was a person who could kill without a reason. But then again… Five years of traveling with Inuyasha in search of the shikon no tama jewel shards and seeing various types of demons can be very tiring while on the other hand it can be very helpful. She learned a lot about demons and half-demons. Now she know for certain that even the cutest demon can be dangerous as hell. But why was it that she wanted to trust this demon?  Why did she want to help him? She knew that something bad happened that he was trying to fix it. She wanted to help but before that she wanted to know more about the teen.

“Let’s say, that I’ll agree to help you.” She said and watched the boy jerk up.

“Really?” Naoe looked at her with puppy eyes, filled with happiness that she almost laughed. The hope and plea were also noticeable in his voice. Kagome smiled. The teen was really naïve, in a good way. The boy was honest. His feelings were. His eyes somehow showed all the emotions he felt at the moment.

“Yes, thus I need to know what you are going to do when you get to the feudal era.”

“Well, I’m going to search for someone.”

“Search for someone?” Kagome repeated his words and felt her interest perk up once again. “And who it might be?” She asked carefully.

The white-haired youth smiled. The smile wasn’t a pleasant one. It was a devilish smile, which meant nothing good; a smile filled with hatred; the one that promised death. Kagome shuddered. She didn’t like the smile one bit. She even started having second thoughts about her decision. She gulped down the lump that was stuck in her throat and patiently waited for an answer. Could it be that the person he is searching for is that same infamous half-demon and their eternal enemy Naraku?

“I think you know him quite well.” Naoe said bitterly.

“Is that so?” Kagome noted to herself that it might be Naraku indeed because the pronoun the boy used indicated a male character.

“It’s Naraku. Are you familiar with the name?” The teen was now looking directly into her eyes and searching for the confirmation even though he knew very well that Kagome knew the half-demon.

“Just as I thought…” Kagome nodded, tension leaving her body. “What did he do?” The boy was so mysterious. His visit was a mystery itself. So, why was he so reluctant to tell her what was going on?

“He did something I cannot forgive him for.”

“Oh? And what did he do?” Kagome spurred him on. “Do you want to kill him? Or maybe you want to trick me and befriend him?”

“No! I am not trying to trick you! I’m telling the truth! He did something horrible and I will punish him for doing it!” The teen was so furious now that his hands that were clenched into fists were trembling. Kagome also noticed that a trickle of blood started to form in the place where the claws sank into the soft flesh. She winced.

“So you are really planning to kill him?” She asked him to be sure.

“Well, we could phrase it like that. However, I cannot tell you why I want to take revenge on Naraku. So please, do not ask why.” The teen now relaxed his hands and it seemed that only now did he realize how hard he was clenching his fists… A look of slight surprise graced his features and his head tipped a little to the side in silent wonder.

“Why do you have to be so mysterious?” Kagome almost pouted. She wanted to know the reason why he came here from the future, she wanted to know more about the teenager who was sitting before her, and she wanted to know if she could trust him, she wanted to know oh so many things about the mysterious demon that she was almost dying. Just moments ago she was shooing him out of her house and now she wanted him to stay and tell her more. Yes, she still didn’t trust him but now she was prepared to help him. Their enemy was the same so any help is welcomed.

The youth lifted his golden pools from his injured palms and focused them on the girl. When he saw a pout that was forming on her lips he couldn’t stop a soft smile that escaped his lips.

“You see, were I to tell you what will happen in the future, you may try and alter it. You can be dissatisfied with some minor thing and try to change it. Even that smallest detail can cause a huge change that will alter all the future I know. Well, in other words, the future might be changed by the people who know it, for example, you, if I chose to tell you. However, I won’t do it because I do not have the desire to change it at all.”

“But you are changing it by being here, aren’t you?” Kagome protested.

“Yes, I am. That’s why I do not want to change it even more.” The teen said matter-of-factly and added: “If it’s possible.”

“Oh.” Kagome finally realized what the teen meant and didn’t question him any further. The silence stretched.

“So, ummm…” The young demon straightened his back and picked up the forgotten cup of coffee that was sitting in the same place he left it in. The boy took a sip and grimaced. The liquid was just slightly warm and the taste was not as good as it was when it was hot. He took one more sip and put the cup back on the table. The teen sat there with a thoughtful look on his face and from time to time poked the lug of the still cup on the table. “Will you show me how to get to the feudal era now?” Naoe asked the girl and finished all coffee that was left in the cup.

Kagome opened her mouth to speak but closed it with a soft snap. Yes, she will take him to the feudal era but not now. He was way too tired. Even if he was a demon, he still needed some rest. She smiled to herself. He is so stubborn. Even though he is terribly tired he didn’t mention it at all. He must be thinking that it’s alright. That she wouldn’t notice it and that he would be ok. Now that she thought about it she had already mentioned once that he was tired and that he should take some rest and what did he say? He said that he was fine. Now the girl chuckled inwardly. He reminded her of Inuyasha. Wait, no, not Inuyasha, but… but Sesshomaru?! She was so stunned at the revelation, that she whispered it out loud.

The demon didn’t expect such a statement and was a little shocked but at the same time somewhat pleased.

“Really?” His cheeks reddened a little. “You think so?”

“Yes.” Kagome smiled at the flushed teen in front of her. “You look just like Sesshomaru, minus magenta stripes and crescent moon on your forehe… Wait! Do you know Sesshomaru?!”  Now Kagome was looking at him wide eyed.

“Well… I…You know…” Naoe stammered and the blush deepened while he was struggling for an answer. “Yeah, I know him; I mean I do know all of you. Well not all. I do not really remember Sango or Miroku because they died when I was little. You know, humans die much sooner than demons do… I mean I do know Inuyasha,” Now Naoe smiled a bit. “He had always been like a big child, pouting and screaming.” He chuckled after the last phrase. “Shippo, well he grew into a nice guy I must say. He found a girl and lives a peaceful life. Sesshomaru works in a…” Suddenly he realized that he was talking too much. The boy gave a slight cough, lowered his head and remained silent.

Kagome was listening to him with disbelieve. He knew about them! He knows all Inu gang! And he was about to say something about Sesshomaru too. Did he know Sesshomaru that well? Kagome was really stunned. For some reason she didn’t expect that coming and now she felt rather strange. “What were you trying to say about Sesshomaru? Something about his work?” Kagome asked curiously.

“I’m sorry; I wasn’t supposed to say what I said. And I’m not going to… I’m sorry…”

“Ok. I get it. I’m not going to ask you if you do not want to. And…” She emphasized. “I won’t do it because I know that your answer might change the future.” Kagome winked and gave a small smile to the demon boy. The teen sighed with relief when he realized that he didn’t have to explain it all. Kagome stood up from the comfortable chair and went towards the wall where the switch was. “It’s getting dark in here.” She said and turned the light on.

Naoe looked around the room. He hadn’t noticed that it was so late. He understood that he shouldn’t be too pushy and just let it go for now. The boy knew that one way or another he was going to reach the feudal era. With these thoughts the young demon stood up and headed towards the door.

Kagome was still standing near the wall thinking when she noticed the teen stand up and turn towards the door. When the boy was about to say that he’d better go she swirled around to face him. Kagome held out her finger in a “that’s it!” manner and wickedly smiled to the dumbfounded demon, who was now standing with his mouth slightly ajar as if he was cut in the mid sentence. She watched him close his mouth and start anew.

“I… I think I should go now and I hope that you haven’t changed your mind.” He said with a meaningful look in his eyes.

“Yes, I will help you.” Kagome nodded and added: “…and where do you think you are going?”

“Huh?” The boy arched a thin, silver eyebrow in question.

Kagome once again compared Naoe with Sesshomaru. Could it be that they are related somehow? Nah… That’s not possible she thought dismissively and waved the thought off.

“You can stay here if you want to. I’ll show you to the guest room. Come.” Kagome reached the door in a few fluent movements and now stood face to face with the demon. “Well?” She inquired the boy.

“Really? I… I can stay here?” The teen was once again thankful for the hospitality Kagome and her mother were showing.

“Sure. Or are you staying somewhere else?”

“Well, no, I…”

“Then it’s decided. Come with me.” She pushed the still unmoving demon aside and opened the door. Once outside the room she twirled around and motioned for the guy to follow.

The boy wasted no time and followed the girl closing the door after him. He was not sure if the idea was such a good one. He was a bit reluctant and a little voice at the back of his mind was screaming to refuse the girl’s invitation. He sighed and looked at the girl in front of him. Suddenly he felt the blush coming up his cheeks and quickly turned his eyes away. ‘I wasn’t staring at her back then… I really wasn’t…’ He defended himself while remembering how Kagome was accusing him of staring at her.

Kagome started walking down the stairs and once they were on the first floor, she opened the door leading to the guest room motioning for Naoe to come in.


TBC...