- Text Size +
 

Ch.5 A Formidable Opponent”


Day 4

Stitch and Rin stood side by side.

“Okay,” Stitch said. “Put hands on hips.”

Rin did what Stitch instructed.

“Now, follow my lead.” Stitch said, ending with a hip swing to the left.

Rin swung her hip to the left too. She looked up in surprise.

“Ooh!”

The hula lesson lasted an hour or so. Rin performed a perfect hula dance. Stitch clapped happily. Rin reminded him of Lilo, and Kagome. Stitch’s eyes went wide. He’d forgotten all about Inuyasha and the others! He wanted to leave and tell them he was okay, but Rin wanted more.

“Master Stitch, show me what else you can do!”

Stitch thought for a moment, then sat down, put his feet into his mouth, and rolled around like a little ball. Rin clapped happily and laughed.

“One more!” She begged.

Stitch had been saving the best for last. He dashed over to Ah and Un, and grabbed them by the tail. With one big heave, they were lifted off the ground. Rin looked up in amazement.

“Lord Sesshomaru! Look!”

Sesshomaru glanced over at Stitch. His narrow eyes widened slightly. Stitch was enjoying the attention. He sprouted his two other arms. He grabbed Rin with one of them and a very unwilling Jaken with the other. To make things better, he began juggling his captors. Rin giggled with joy. Jaken screamed and squirmed. Ah and Un didn’t move an inch, but stared pleadingly at Sesshomaru, who continued to watch, amazed.


Inuyasha, too, watched with disbelief from the forest.

Man, I knew he was strong, but this is unbelievable!


Stitch set everyone down. Ah and Un crawled away, now afraid of him. Jaken scurried behind Sesshomaru. Rin leapt up and down with excitement.

“Isn’t he strong, my Lord?”

Sesshomaru just stared at Stitch, who had relaxed enough so that his spikes and antenna showed. Sesshomaru turned and began to walk away.

“Come with me, Stitch.”

Stitch followed. He went to retract his extra appendages, but Sesshomaru stopped him.

“I prefer you in this form.” He said quietly.

Once out of hearing range of the others, except Inuyasha, who had followed them, Sesshomaru unsheathed Tokijin.

“Stitch, I am going to test your strength. If you do not survive, I give you my deepest apologies.”

Stitch nodded nervously. Sesshomaru struck out with his sword. Again, Stitch was caught up in an explosion. After the dust settled, Sesshomaru stared in shock. Stitch was still standing, unfazed by the attack.


Inuyasha watched from a high perch in the woods. He wasn’t as amazed as his brother was. After all, if Stitch could survive the wind scar, he could survive a strike from Tokijin.

I think Stitch just might be able to kill Naraku! Inuyasha thought.


Sesshomaru lowered his head to think for a moment.

This creature is not as it seems. It looks like a harmless little pest, when in reality, it’s a dangerous weapon. My weapon. He just might be the tool I need to defeat Naraku.


Naraku watched Stitch through Kanna’s mirror. Kagura, too, watched from over his shoulder.

“Strong little beast, isn’t he?” She asked.

Naraku nodded. “I know what those two are thinking.” He said quietly.

Kagura looked at her master.

“Do you know what they’re thinking?” Naraku asked.

Kagura rolled her eyes. “I ain’t exactly a mind reader, you know.”

Naraku ignored Kagura’s rudeness.

“Those brothers are thinking of using that monster to destroy me.”

Kagura wasn’t buying anything Naraku said.

Paranoid idiot.

Naraku glanced angrily at his creation. “Mind your tongue and your thoughts, Kagura.” He warned.

Kagura looked away, embarrassed. Naraku smiled. He had an idea.

“Go get me some of the creature’s blood.”

Kagura looked at her master. “What? Why?”

“Do as your told. You’ll see.”

Kagura went to leave.

“Wait.” Naraku said.

Kagura looked over at him. He handed her a wooden golom.

“Use this to distract Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, or you’ll never be able to get close enough.”

Kagura nodded and whipped her feather out from her hair. She hopped on it and flew off into the night. Naraku smiled again at his wicked plan.