- Text Size +
 

Ch.3 Ohana Means Family”

 

Everybody excluding Kagome and Stitch slept around the roaring fire. Stitch watched in a trance as the flames licked the night air. It reminded him of the tiki torches back at home. He sighed when he thought of it. Kagome seemed to have read his mind.

“Home sick, Stitch?”

Stitch looked at Kagome. “Ih.”

Kagome stroked Stitch’s head. “Don’t worry. I’ll see what we can do first thing in the morning.”

Kagome lay down and drifted off to sleep, leaving Stitch to think. The more he thought about it, the more he thought about staying. Why should he go back anyway? So Lilo could lock him up again? Stitch couldn’t go back. He got up quietly and scurried into the forest.

---------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha’s eyes shot open when he heard the rustling of leaves. He watched Stitch disappear into the woods. He got up and ran after him.

-------------------------------------------------------

Stitch didn’t stop until he was far from camp, at least 5 miles away. He jumped when he heard a twig snap. Inuyasha appeared, panting like crazy.

“Man, you’re fast! What are you doing running away like that? Kagome’s gonna bring you home tomorrow.”

Stitch backed up. “Naga. Stitch stay here. Mad at Lilo.”

“Lilo? Who’s Lilo?”

Stitch lay his large ears back. “Ohana.”

Inuyasha tilted his head. “Ohana?”

Stitch nodded. “Ohana means ‘family’. Family means ‘nobody gets left behind’.” Stitch looked away, tears in his eyes. “Lilo leave Stitch behind.” He whispered sadly.

Inuyasha nodded. “Oh. I see.”

“M…Maybe Stitch find new family.”

Inuyasha shrugged. “Maybe. Are you sure?”

“Ih. Will Inuyasha help Stitch?”

Inuyasha sighed and rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. “Geez, now?”

Stitch looked up at Inuyasha with big, soulful eyes. “Please?”

Inuyasha rolled his eyes. “Alright, alright.”

 

Day 2


The group awoke the next morning. Inuyasha and Stitch were nowhere to be found.

“Where do you think they went?” Sango asked.

Kagome shrugged. “I don’t know. Should we look for them?”

“Maybe Inuyasha is just showing Stitch around. After all, the little fellow said he lives on an island. It’ll probably do him some good to explore someplace new.” Miroku stated.

Kagome nodded. “So, we’ll just wait here, then?”

“I don’t see a problem with it.” Shippo said. “We could all use a rest.”

 

Inuyasha and Stitch rested near a creek. Inuyasha lifted his head and figited in his seat.

“I hafta pee. Stitch, wait here. I’ll be right back. DON’T MOVE.”

Inuyasha hopped off.

Stitch sat for a moment, then got up and left. His ears perked up in interest when he saw light peeking through the trees. Finally, a break in the forest! Stitch made a run for the light. He burst through the trees and took a deep breath of air. His eyes widened when he saw a tall, white figure gracefully make his way through the meadow. With it, was a large two-headed creature, a small green thing, and a little girl. Stitch smiled a big, tooth-filled grin.

“Ooh!”

Eagerly, Stitch ran over to the strangers. First, he approached the little girl. He wagged his little stub tail. Rin immediately took a liking to him.

“Lord Sesshomaru, look! A little koala demon!” She said happily, petting Stitch.

Jaken was the first to stop and see what the child was babbling about. He gasped.

“My Lord! There really is a small koala demon with Rin!”

Sesshomaru stopped and turned to look at Stitch. He didn’t know why, but he liked the little blue demon. He walked over to it and knelt down. He put his hand on it’s head.

“It has no demonic aura. It’s not a demon.” He said calmly.

Stitch smiled happily. Finally, someone who knew he wasn’t a demon! He liked this Sesshomaru guy! Eagerly, he leapt on his shoulder, stub wagging. Sesshomaru didn’t seem to mind. He stood up straight and continued walking; the little not-demon perched high on him. Rin followed, giggling. Jaken rolled his eyes and followed reluctantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha returned to where he left Stitch, only to find Stitch was gone. He growled.

“Damn it!”

He followed Stitch’s scent to the meadow, where he watched in shock as his brother strolled by, Stitch sitting comfortably on his armor. Apparently, Stitch found his new Ohana; by stealing Inuyasha’s!