- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Subtitle: Hair's worst enemy

Author: Hairann

Theme: 50 Ways to Torture a Taiyoukai by Danyealle-sama.

Genre: Humor

Rating: T

Warnings: Not to be taken seriously.

Word Count: 542

I knew I was in trouble, I had never seen him this angry before, let alone at me. Even if it was an accident, even if I had no way of knowing something like this could happen, it was still my fault. I was the one that wasn't paying attention to what I had been doing. I was the one that got us into this mess and I would accept my punishment.

I just hope that didn't involve him telling me to leave. I have no where else to go and what's more, I don't want to lose them. They are the only family I have left. But other than to ask me a few questions, he hadn't spoken a word to me since then and had just started walking. I have no idea where we were going or why.

Was he taking me somewhere that had to do with my punishment? Just traveling like we always did? Questions like these ran through my mind the entire time we were walking, most of the day and into the evening. Still he said nothing and every time one of us would make a sound, he would turn back to glare at us, efficiently silencing us. I almost wish he would just yell at me and get it over with, the silence was unnerving.

It was after dusk when I finally realized where he was headed, just about the time we arrived. In front of us, sitting around a fire, was his half-brother's companions. I watched as he walked over to the girl and held something out for her to see, it was what had gotten us into this problem in the first place and I couldn't stop myself from cringing. “Did you give this to her?” he questioned as he gestured over his shoulder at me.

The girl glanced from his hand to smile over at me before turning her attention back to him. “Yes, is there a problem Sesshoumaru?” Kagome questioned completely confused, judging by the expression on her face.

“Then you are responsible for this,” he informed her as he gestured to the problem, causing me to cringe once again. Her response only served to make matters worse, she laughed. The growl that escaped Sesshoumaru had both me and Jaken, who was standing next to me, shaking.

“Don't worry Sesshoumaru, it happens to Shippo all of the time. Come here,” she instructed as she patted the ground next to her before turning to rummage through the odd, yellow bag she always carried with her. As Sesshoumaru took the seat she suggested, she pulled out a small container and turned back to him.

“What is that?” he demanded after she had twisted the lid and he took an exploratory sniff of the contents.

“Peanut butter, it's great for getting gum out of hair without ruining or having to cut the hair,” Kagome explained with a smile as she dipped her fingers into the container and pulled them back out with a large glop of the light brown stuff she had called 'peanut butter'. As she got to work on his long, silver hair, I couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe I'd make it through this with my hide intact.