- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Title: Sheer Cruelty

Subtitle: Shatei

Author: Hairann

Theme: 50 Ways to Torture a Taiyoukai by Danyealle-sama.

Genre: Humor

Rating: T

Warnings: Not to be taken seriously

Word Count: 1154

They would soon reach their destination, of this Kagome could be certain. Inuyasha raising his head and sniffing the air told her this fact. She breathed a sigh of relief, knowing he could hear her, but couldn't find it in herself to care at that moment. Her best friend would understand, she knew he would, even if he didn't understand at this moment, he would some time down the road. There was only so much she could take and she wasn't really equipped to deal with this kinda thing.

None of them were really, but she was the one forced to stay and deal with things while the others searched for a way to get things back to the way they had been before. The way they should be. And truthfully, she would admit to herself, it wasn't what was happening that was bothering her or that she didn't know how to deal with, it was the who. Who it was happening to, that she couldn't handle.

He was supposed to be the strong one, the group's rock. He was the one that always managed to save their hides whenever they got into trouble, the one they could count on. And now this...Kagome glanced over at her long time friend to find him looking at her in question. She plastered a smile on her face before turning back to watch where she was going. The smile was forced, anyone could see that, anyone except her current companion, that is.

A slight growl coming from her friend told her just how close they were to their destination. She knew he wouldn't be happy when he found out exactly what was going on later, but she was really left with no choice in the matter. She needed help, and there was really no other option left other than this one. As much as she would wish that she didn't have to do this, she owed it to her friend, whether he understood that or not.

Glancing ahead, Kagome spotted the one she had been searching for. Squaring her shoulders, she took a deep breath and began making her way toward her destination, her companion's growls growing louder with each step. “This Sesshoumaru sees the half-breed finally pupped you. Though this Sesshoumaru hadn't realized he was fortunate enough to be out of you presence long enough for the pup to reach this age,” Sesshoumaru commented as he ignored the woman standing in front of him to look at the young half-demon within her arms.

“Take another sniff Sesshoumaru, this isn't mine and Inuyasha's son, this is Inuyasha,” Kagome corrected him and watched as he began to do a double take before he regained control of his features and went back to his normal stoic expression. “Long story short: Naraku came up with a plan to get rid of Inuyasha's demon blood for good, only something went wrong and instead of taking away his demon blood, he became an toddler.

“Sango and the others are currently searching for a way to fix this, but that leaves us with my current problem. I have no idea how to deal with or take care of a half-demon child. And he is too good at getting himself into trouble and I am having problems keeping him safe,” Kagome explained as she began untangling her hair from Inuyasha's tiny hands.

“This Sesshoumaru fails to see where this is his problem,” Sesshoumaru told her after watching in veiled amusement at her failed attempts to reclaim her hair.

“That's easy Sesshoumaru, only an honorless cur like Naraku would let his younger brother be left within the hands of incompetent humans who don't know the first things about taking care of, keeping safe or training half-demons. And it is your problem, because if you do not take him off my hands, with an oath to not harm a single hair on his head or anything else on his little body, than I will simply follow you around until you do so.

“And don't even think about just threatening to or even killing us right out, because how weak do you think you are going to look to everyone when you kill an unarmed woman holding a child? Even you aren't that much of a bastard. Now I am long overdue for a bath and good nights sleep,” Kagome began as she closed the small distance between them and placed Inuyasha in Sesshoumaru arm before he could complain, “I will check on you two tomorrow. Have a good night, Sesshoumaru.”

Leaning down, she quickly gave Inuyasha a kiss on the cheek before whispering 'be good' in his ear and walking back the direction she had come from. Sesshoumaru continued to stare after her until even his demon eyes could no longer make out her form before glancing down at the child he was holding. “Exactly what is this Sesshoumaru supposed to do with you?” he questioned Inuyasha only half rhetorically.

The only response he received was a giggle. “Perfect,” Sesshoumaru mumbled to himself before glaring in the direction Kagome had gone, not caring in the least that the glare was completely lost on the girl, before feeling a yank on his hair. Glancing down he found his 'baby' brother pulling on a small lock of silver hair. “You will release this Sesshoumaru hair now,” Sesshoumaru demanded with a growl and watched in silent satisfaction as Inuyasha listened.

Though it was short lived as tears began to pool in his golden eyes a moment before a long wail echoed throughout the clearing around them. “Seize that annoying noise this instant,” Sesshoumaru commanded, watching as it had no effect on the still wailing child. After a few minutes with no relief from the crying, Sesshoumaru finally gave him the lock of hair back while he tried to figure out just what he was supposed to do now.

Inuyasha cooed happily as he began playing with his new toy again, earning another growl from his brother. “You do realize that once this is over, this Sesshoumaru will kill you, correct?” Sesshoumaru questioned as he glanced down to find Inuyasha ignoring him while chewing on his hair. “The wench too. Oh yes, this Sesshoumaru shall rather enjoy getting revenge on that wench for this new injustice upon his person.”

Having nothing better to do, Sesshoumaru gracefully seated himself in front of a tree and leaned back against it as Inuyasha started to yawn. “Sleep shatei,” Sesshoumaru commanded, hoping to be able to get his hair back once the pup had fallen asleep. Though judging by the firm grip Inuyasha had it it, he would not be able to get it back without waking him. “Perfect,” Sesshoumaru mumbled once again as he left his mind drift, thinking of ways to get even with the two once Inuyasha was an adult again and able to defend himself.


Shatei-my younger brother