- Text Size +
 

Chapter 5

Shippo’s Suggestion

 

Days later, Kagashe was at a river and had just caught a large fish, when a seven year old wolf boy came up, and tried to steal the fish. “GO GET YOUR OWN,” Kagashe yelled, hitting the boy with the fish, and sending him flying. Kagashe went to rejoin the others, who were watching a fight. When Kagashe got back she noticed that Kouga and her father were having a yelling match.

After she arrived, Kouga turned to look at her and asked, “Who are you and why do you smell of Koame?” “Koame?” Kagashe questioned, “Oh, maybe that’s who that was.” “Where is Koame?” Kouga steamed. “I don’t know, last I saw he was flying towards some trees,” Kagashe said. “You hit him!?” Kouga steamed. “N. M. F. Not my fault. He was the one trying to steal my fish,” Kagashe said. Kouga looked at her and said, “Thanks for the tip!” “What’s wrong?” Kagashe asked. “He knows he isn’t allowed to steal other things, especially from beings stronger than him,” Kouga said, at that Kouga sped off.

All of a sudden Kagashe turned her head swiftly, and her eyes started to follow something, as her brown pupils moved from left to right. “Kagashe! Kagashe!” Inuyasha said breaking her concentration. “Huh? Oh, sorry, what was it?” Kagashe asked. “You okay?” Shippo asked. Inuyasha was also looking at her with a worried look. “Yeah,” Kagashe said. “What were you following?” Shippo asked. Kagashe shrugged and said, “I don’t know!” “Well, let’s go, shall we,” Inuyasha said, not thinking anything about what was being said.

Nights later, everyone was eating at a castle, and Kagashe was being extremely quiet again. Some time later, Kagashe went outside the large room, not noticing that Shippo was following her. “It’s gone again. I wonder what it is?” Kagashe asked in thought. “What do you mean?” Shippo asked. “Shippo… I don’t know, I keep sensing something moving every now and again,” Kagashe said. “Could it be a jewel shard?” Shippo asked. Kagashe looked at Shippo and then back at the sky, which glowed from the quarter moon and said, “Possibly.” “Next time take someone with you and find out what it is,” Shippo said. “I suppose I should,” Kagashe said.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.