- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the late post, it's been getting a little crazy.

Please Read and Review!

 

Chapter 3

 

The Quarter Demon Child

Eleven years later, Inuyasha was in the sacred tree, asleep, and Shippo was at the bottom of the tree. Inuyasha suddenly awoke with a start, and asked, “What was that? I know the second part was a memory, and nothing else, but…” Inuyasha looked at the well, and said, “I hope that was just a dream.” Shippo looked up at Inuyasha and asked, “Inuyasha?” Inuyasha went to the well and jumped in.

Three weeks later, at the village, while Inuyasha’s team was out looking for Naraku, a young ten year old girl showed up. The girl had silver hair, brown eyes, dog-like ears, a red shirt and pants, and white tennis shoes. She also had a golden heart shaped locket around her neck and she also had the giant yellow backpack. She appeared in the forest of Inuyasha, that morning, and climbed out of the well. “Man how on earth?” the girl asked, dropping the backpack beside the well. “Oh, well, I'd better get to Kaede’s,” the girl said, picking up the backpack.

Around noon, Kaede and the girl were talking, and Kaede asked, “Ye name is Kagashe, correct? Tell me, how did ye come about the well to pass through?” Kagashe pulled the bottle of five pure jewel shards out of her pocket, and Kaede asked, “Kagashe, what happened to Kagome?” "Huh? Oh, yeah, grandma asked me to give this letter to you," Kagashe said, pulling out the envelope, that was in the backpack. Kagashe had been staring at the floor for a while. "I see,” Kaede said, after reading the letter, "Well your father and his friends are due to arrive sometime today. Until then ye are free to stay here." Kagashe nodded and Kaede went outside. "Yousodi, let me know when Inuyasha gets near," Kaede said. One of the guys in a feudal era outfit said, "Of course, something wrong?" "It seems that Kagome was killed during the trip," Kaede said. "Oh I see, and the young demon is her daughter, I'm guessing?" Yousodi asked. "Aye!" Kaede said, "Do not interfere with the meeting, though." Yousodi said, "Of course, Lady Kaede."

As evening approached, and Inuyasha's team came closer, Shippo asked, "Inuyasha, do you think something happened to Kagome?" "SHUT UP!" Inuyasha yelled at Shippo. As they came to the hill, Kaede was standing there. "Kaede?" Inuyasha asked in question. "Inuyasha, can I speak with ye?" Kaede asked. "Go on," Inuyasha told the rest of his group.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.