- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!  This is the final chapter of the story, but the stories are not over.  Two stories will be back to back.
 

Chapter 19

 

The Ghost Appearance

 

“So, you're telling me that a voice came to you?” Jii Chan asked. “Uh... yes... huh... alright. So, what's going on here?” Joujinfu asked. “A dance,” Souta replied, coming in. “Uh, can I stay until the dance?” Joujinfu asked, exasperated. “Yes, of course,” Kagashe's grandmother said.

The next day, at five, Kagon asked, “What about Kohaku?” “What do you mean?” Kagashe asked. “I mean, his shard was taken a few years ago, but why didn't he die?” Kagon asked. “Kikyo probably had something to do with that. Remember, she put a massive amount of spiritual energy in him, before she was struck by Naraku,” Kagashe said. “Yeah, and then he escaped,” Kagon said. Kagon looked at the ceiling, for a second, and then at Kagashe. “What do you think will happen to him now?” Kagon asked. “Once they have enough time together, he'll probably marry Rin,” Kagashe said. “Hmmm... I guess you're right,” Kagon said, looking away, and grabbing Kagashe's hand. Kagashe noticed it, but didn't pull away. As Kagashe closed her hand, being careful to hold back her strength, Joujinfu walked by, but said nothing.

At 9:55 p. m., Kagashe and Kagon were talking to Yuka's daughter, Sooni, who was three years younger than Kagashe. Inuyasha walked up, and said, “Get going, you three.” The three of them headed down the stairs, and as they did, Sooni said, “I thought she was a type of demon.” “She is, but tonight is the first night of her human form,” Kagon said. “Oh, I see,” Sooni said. Sooni had black hair, like her mom, and green eyes.

As Inuyasha watched from the balcony, Joujinfu slowly walked by. Once Joujinfu left, the banister lights turned off, but no other electric lights turned off. Inuyasha turned around, sensing something behind him, and was shocked by what he saw. “Maybe Joujinfu wasn't lying,” Inuyasha said. An apparition of Kagome appeared before him. Kagome looked at him, and said, “Joujinfu was the only one, who I could ride with. The only way for ghosts to travel, is to have someone that can hear you.” “Makes sense,” Inuyasha said. Kagome said, “Listen, as I was walking with Joujinfu, I noticed that Kagashe is growing up. She has truly chosen Kagon, and believe me, you've done a great job of raising her, even though I should have been the one.” “Sango said the same thing,” Inuyasha said.

Kagome smiled, and walked up to him. Inuyasha didn't flinch, as she leaned against him, to slip her hands underneath his tops, and met his lips. He then put his hands, in an embrace around her, and they stayed like that, for about a while. Kagome then let go, and Inuyasha asked, “Where will you go now?” “To prepare a place for my friends and family,” Kagome replied. A white light appeared, and Inuyasha nodded. Kagome followed the light, and disappeared.

After the light vanished, the balcony lights came back on. Inuyasha turned to look at Kagashe and Kagon. Kagashe had her arms around Kagon's neck, and she waved at him. Inuyasha smiled at her, then he turned, to let her finish her nightly dance. He left, knowing that Kagashe would be happy with Kagon, and that Joujinfu would return home the next day.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.