- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 13

 

Sensing the Jewel

 

It has been four years since Kagon joined the team, and mostly everyone in the team were in the middle of fighting Byakuya. Kagon fired a purifying arrow, striking Byakuya, and making him holler. It gave Inuyasha just enough time to fire the Dragon-Scaled-Tetsaiga, to destroy Byakuya. “So much for him,” Inuyasha said. Kagashe had been glaring at Kagon the whole time, and was standing behind the group.

Kagon turned around, and backed up. “Ka... Kagashe?” Kagon stuttered. “Drop dead,” Kagashe said, and left fuming to find Sanku. Kagon stood there for a second, and then followed after Kagashe. “What's her problem?” Inuyasha asked. “You mean you haven't noticed?” Shippo asked. “Noticed what?” Inuyasha asked. “That those two are starting to grow up,” Shippo said. “WHAT!?” Inuyasha yelled, hitting Shippo. “Inuyasha if Sanku is, then Kagashe definately is,” Sango said. “How true, I mean she's almost 15,” Miroku said. “Yeah, so what?” Inuyasha asked.”She'll be growing faster then you, because of the amount of human blood in her,” Sango said.

Meanwhile, Kagashe had caught up to Sanku. Sanku said, “Kagashe, don't be angry at Kagon. I only asked him to help me find some flowers, so I could use them for the graves at the village my mom came from. Isn't that right, Kagon?” “Yes, of course it is,” Kagon said, coming through the door to Kaede's hut. “Oh, I see,” Kagashe said. “I didn't mean to...” Kagashe started to say. “It's not your fault. I should have told you, before,” Kagon said.

Three nights later, the Inuyasha team was deep within a forest.Kagashe, because of the darkened moon was in her human form, and was leaning against a tree, when she turned her head. “Kagashe, something wrong?” Shippo asked. “Shippo, its nothing, go back to sleep,” Kagashe said. “Huh?” Shippo asked, not being a bit fooled. “Shippo,” Inuyasha said. “Yes,” Shippo asked. “Let her be,” Inuyasha said. “Uh, okay!” Shippo said. Kagon walked over to Kagashe and sat down; he scribbled something on a sticky note he had with him, and gave it to Kagashe. The note said, “You sense it too?” Kagashe nodded, and wrote down, “It's too clear.” “Don't say anything until tomorrow,” Kagashe said, keeping a close eye on her father, who was nearby, and grabbing Kagon's shirt. Kagon nodded, and Kagashe let go of him.

The next morning, Kohaku asked, “What were you two talking about last night?” “Jewel shards were and still are nearby,” Kagashe said. “Are you sure?” Inuyasha asked. “Yes! The feeling is too clear to be anything else, but we can tell that they're tainted,” Kagashe said, looking at Kagon. “Yeah!” Kagon said. Kagashe looked back at the group, and said, “There's only one creature that could possibly be holding this one.” “Which way?” Inuyasha asked. “North,” Kagashe said. At that everyone packed up the bags, and went north.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.